Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - im still torn between splashing out on a FineVu or taking a chance with the 0108 model. Trying to research properly after getting stung - I dont want to end up with a fake FineVu like I did with my f900.

like the TV ad for "Stella" lager - "reassuringly expensive"!!!! :)

can't say I've seen or heard of any FineVu knock offs
There was one knock-off of FineVu cr500hd on taobao website, but it was I would say about 90% physical look a like, cost around 300yuan so price tells there is something wrong with it.

Niko, I cant say I have heard of taobao. Yes - price is a factor in determining a fake one. I am lucky this time round because I know a "rough" price for a finevu from various places dotted about, whereas before I bought fake because I didnt know that there was even an "original" if you see what I mean. It was just there on www.ebay.co.uk and I bought it. Should have done research first...... we learn by out mistakes.

here it is, was a page back, http://joovuu.com/index.php?id_category=25&controller=category I don't know anything about the company so do your research first, they are selling it cheaper (cheaper than I thought as well) though so might be worth a look

thread here http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?threads/joovuu-mini-0801-car-cam.2505/#post-25827

Hi John,
We have already sold 3 mini 0801 car DVRs and over 400 mobius action cameras. We've just recently overhauled the website and we are known on the rcgroups.com forum if you want to check us out. Anything else I can do to waylay your fears let me know :)

Kind regards,

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi - im still torn between splashing out on a FineVu or taking a chance with the 0108 model. Trying to research properly after getting stung - I dont want to end up with a fake FineVu like I did with my f900.
Hi,
If I could be cheeky and point you in the direction of www.joovuu.com as we are cheaper and also based in the UK/EU. We have great customer feedback and are known in multiple forums including rcgroups.com (just search joovuu).

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask or email me at info@joovuu.com

kind regards,

Dan

Looks legit to me glad someone is filling the local UK needs. Do you guys have access to firmware updates from the factory? Do you have anything newer than 20130903?

Hi,
If I could be cheeky and point you in the direction of www.joovuu.com as we are cheaper and also based in the UK/EU. We have great customer feedback and are known in multiple forums including rcgroups.com (just search joovuu).

Any questions please do not hesitate to ask or email me at info@joovuu.com

kind regards,

Dan

Dan, ( JooVuu ), - your advertisement posts should be kept in special sub-forum for Vendors.

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/index.php?forums/vendor-sites-and-offers.26/

does the 0801 have live video out via the a/v port ?

it can, but that would be firmware dependent, best to check with whichever vendor you intend to buy off that the version that they have has this functionality

My eBay-EPRANCE 0801+GPS cam is still going strong on firmware 20130903. (drove all over the bay area, hot sun too) If you're looking to upgrade pre-September 0801's I give 20130903 my seal of approval. (20130905 was no good)
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/mini0801/20130903-NO1-SPI-1CARD-2710-GPS-MA310-中性.zip

My new Aliexpress-Givoe 0801+GPS+8GB Internal cam is almost here!

Tracking shows it entered California yesterday, so I should have it by Friday.

USPS Status:
"Depart USPS Sort Facility September 17, 2013 LOS ANGELES, CA 90009"

I'm looking forward to confirming which firmware comes on it from the factory.
I'll put it through immediate testing, and compare the old recordings with the new ones to see if anything is is better/worse. You might remember I had a dozen dead/stuck cmos pixels in my current old stock eprance camera. (that only show in low light)

As you may recall (several pages back already) Givoe was good enough to pre-test the new one showing it's CMOS sensor is 100% good.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/siij0ifqd...GPS-Ambarella-OV2710-MOV-In-Room-244-2212.MOV
Based on this test sample Giove sent me I'm going to guess it comes with 20130903, and will record at the same VBR 10-13bps . (higher in daylight, lower in the dark)
Stand by for results!

EDIT:
I might have it today!

Shipment ActivityLocationDate & Time
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Processed through USPS Sort FacilitySAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188September 19, 2013 12:59 am
Processed through USPS Sort FacilitySAN FRANCISCO, CA 94188September 19, 2013 1:07 am

Last edited:
I saw this on the TechMoan blog tonight.

http://www.techmoan.com/blog/2013/8...ith-an-lcd-screen.html?currentPage=2#comments

September 19, 2013 | Philippe
First close call filmed with my new mini 0801 tonight. Quality is prette good I think.

September 19, 2013 | JazJon
@Philippe, What firmware are you running? I'm glad you missed that near chain of events. I find myself driving safer knowing I'm constantly filming. Not a bad video especially with zero street lights in the mix. P.S. baba booey, Howard Stern rules too! :)

September 19, 2013 | Philippe
I'm on 03092013, yes I'm happy with the night shot, even with a car facing me in the dark, the contrast stay fine and the lens has no blur at all

I'm still waiting on my 801. I can't wait to get it. It's been about a week and so far the tracking hasn't updated any.. I'm impatient hehe :)

I've been lurking for a couple weeks and I'm new to the dash cam thing but I just received my Mini 0801 from Aliexpress Givoe. It came with the 03092013 firmware (GPS, no internal memory). It arrived sooner than expected so I still need to run out and grab a micro SD card before I can play with it.

JazJon, would it be possible for you to provide a link to the beta version of RegistratorViewer that you're using successfully with the 03092013 firmware?

Back