Smallest Ambarella Car DVR a.k.a. Mini 0801

ive noticed not all mini/micro usb leads will power the mini 0801 anyone else found this? my other dash cam lead dont work with the 0801 but works with everthink else

only works with cables wired pin 1 positive, pin 5 negative from memory, also needs to be connected via the bracket for auto record not via the camera

also needs to be connected via the bracket for auto record not via the camera

Jokiin, do you mean the cable needs to be plugged into the adhesive mount, and not into the cam itself for auto record to work? I have my cable plugged into the cam now, and it does auto record when I start my car engine.

Jokiin, do you mean the cable needs to be plugged into the adhesive mount, and not into the cam itself for auto record to work? I have my cable plugged into the cam now, and it does auto record when I start my car engine.
May depend which cable you've been supplied as well as which firmware version but it is intended to be plugged in via the bracket

Just been stung for £41.83 import duty on a camera from Taiwan. 28.33 import vat and clearance fee of 13.50 making £41.83 in total... ouch
This is the first time I've ever been stung for import duty. Think I may be more wary where I buy from in future, as it's certainly not a brilliant deal once that 41.83 is added.. ah well have had a few years of not paying anything, never paid anything when ordering from China, so I wonder why on a item from Taiwan.

Sorry to hear that JazJon, and I have to say I doubt your new Samsung class 6 is going to make any difference in your current 0801.
You are right efoo. I bought the Samsung class 6 and got the "low speed" error today.

You are right efoo. I bought the Samsung class 6 and got the "low speed" error today.

Very stange indeed, I've been using them for over a month and have never seen any errors, mind you, my tests with Class 4 cards were also okay, and thats on 3 of these camera's. I can only assume that 1 of the factories churning out these camera's are not doing too good a job, we are led to believe that 3 or maybe even 4 factories make them. Some people have no problems, while others do... not good at all.

Hey guys I ordered this camera a few days ago from e-prance on ebay, I have a question, does this camera make any noise, if so what kind? My last dash camera would say "STARTING RECORDING" every time I turned on the engine and there was no way to disable it, so I had to rip out the speaker. Does this camera make any noise? A small beep is ok but does it say anything? Probably should have thought to ask this before I ordered it.

Hey guys I ordered this camera a few days ago from e-prance on ebay, I have a question, does this camera make any noise, if so what kind? My last dash camera would say "STARTING RECORDING" every time I turned on the engine and there was no way to disable it, so I had to rip out the speaker. Does this camera make any noise? A small beep is ok but does it say anything? Probably should have thought to ask this before I ordered it.
It has kind of a "ding ding ding" tune it plays when starting up and shutting down each time. There's no way to turn it off with any of the current firmwares I don't believe.

On the TS firmware, I have the option to change the volume of the start up jingle. Low and high. I have it on low and it's just loud enough to know the camera's powered on off but not loud enough to be annoying.

@jokiin, I've been able to start auto recording with a cable plugged directly into the camera. Tried with about 5 didn't cables and power sources.

Look what just arrived in the mail today :)
vsQIL4ol.jpg
B4cXxtbl.jpg

This is strange. I ordered one from the same link you posted a few pages back and the packaging looks identical, but it has a Samsung Adapter included as well. I paid like $26 w/ free shipping and it arrived in a few short days. weird..... o_O

Just been stung for £41.83 import duty on a camera from Taiwan. 28.33 import vat and clearance fee of 13.50 making £41.83 in total... ouch
This is the first time I've ever been stung for import duty. Think I may be more wary where I buy from in future, as it's certainly not a brilliant deal once that 41.83 is added.. ah well have had a few years of not paying anything, never paid anything when ordering from China, so I wonder why on a item from Taiwan.

I ordered mine from within the UK - so it probably evens out - except of course that I get 1st Class support aswell :) And boy do I!!!!!!

I ordered mine from within the UK - so it probably evens out - except of course that I get 1st Class support aswell :) And boy do I!!!!!!

do I sense a tiny hint of gloating... lol

Unfortunately neither JooVuu or anyone else currently sells the Mio 368 in the UK to my knowledge. :-( Joovuu do however sell the older Mio 358, but I didn't want that model, it's picture quality is not so good, and it does not have WDR, the bitrate is also higher on the 368 plus I get the optional Mio anti-glare filter in the deal.
I don't mind paying the import Vat of £28.33 but in view of the fact it's already at the Gloucester, Parcel Force depot, it's their Clearance fee of £13.50 they have added on which I object to, otherwise, yes I would alway urge people to buy from the UK when possible... common sense really. :-)

Last edited:
only works with cables wired pin 1 positive, pin 5 negative from memory, also needs to be connected via the bracket for auto record not via the camera
either via bracket or via camera will work for auto recording and GPS. pin 1 +pin 5 is absolutely correct for power only car charger.

do I sense a tiny hint of gloating... lol :)
the small parcel which value lower than £130 is okey for custom. your seller should mark the value below $150 on customer invoice so you will not need to pay the additional fees.

Import VAT is payable no matter what.
Import Duty is not chargeable on < 130 (or around that)
Admin fees from carriers are always chargeable.

UK buyers will always be hit - and really should look at buying in the UK and not from overseas. Well thats my philosophy anyway - I suspect its better for our crap economy aswell if we buy within the UK. We are a mess as it is.

Look what just arrived in the mail today :)
vsQIL4ol.jpg
B4cXxtbl.jpg
yes that is the original thing, at least look be.
This is strange. I ordered one from the same link you posted a few pages back and the packaging looks identical, but it has a Samsung Adapter included as well. I paid like $26 w/ free shipping and it arrived in a few short days. weird..... o_O
be honest i haven't seen a Sansung C6 TF packaged with a TF-SD adapter. I just ever seen a original C4 one with the adapter
CYrNj.jpg

Update on my cam...

Still working fine, not a single error for 5 days and the card has been full the whole time. Remember, this is with the audio recording turned off.

The G sensor also works. A bumpy road or pot hole would set it off though, so today I changed it from 3g to 5g, I'll see how that goes. I was getting way too many locked files on 3g.

Back