Street Guardian dual channel version release date?

HMRC just sent me a letter saying they owe me £400 in overpaid tax! Put me first on the waiting list for the dual channel cam! (Will £400 be enough?)

aw man, I literally cannot wait for these releases! Been waiting for a loooong time for a dual set up from Jokiin! I've got the money burning a hole in my pocket!

Trouble is, by the sounds of it the Front cam + 1 remote cam will be launched first, followed by the 2 remote cam version after which sounds like it's going to be higher spec??? (which is the one I want)

Good things come to those who wait....

No @bronze84 the 2 dual channel cameras should be same hardware.
As i understand it the first "normal" dual channel camera will be alright if you are not handicapped by a poor layout on the windscreen, or eager to get a ultra stealthy setup with i assume the dual remote camera kit will be.

So if you already have a wedge camera on the windscreen then you should be able to replace it with the main unit of the new dual channel camera as the main front camera will only be fractional larger than current wedge cameras.

But i am sure @jokiin can ellaborate on this

No @bronze84 the 2 dual channel cameras should be same hardware.
As i understand it the first "normal" dual channel camera will be alright if you are not handicapped by a poor layout on the windscreen, or eager to get a ultra stealthy setup with i assume the dual remote camera kit will be.

So if you already have a wedge camera on the windscreen then you should be able to replace it with the main unit of the new dual channel camera as the main front camera will only be fractional larger than current wedge cameras.

But i am sure @jokiin can ellaborate on this

Haha, I currently have an F750 so the main cam could be a wedge of cheese and it would still fit in place of my current set up!

So I'm guessing (except for form factor) it'll be features that maybe differentiate the two models?

Just form factor i think, the model with 2 remote cameras might have one or two more transmit/receive chips, but that's also it i think.

Camera sensors should be the same.
DSP should be the same.
GPS and other sensors should be the same.

Thats also how i would do it as i think it should make it possible to more or less use the same firmware on 2 "different" cameras.

Then again i have often been thinking things are more simple than they actually are, as that's just the way i operate in my daily life.

@ "So ... when is the release of 2 channel Street Guardian ?"

;):)

a-man-who-masters-patience-masters-everything-else-quote-1.jpg

patience-quotes-2.jpg

parience.jpg

2286-Bill-Gates-Quote-Patience-is-a-key-element-of-success.jpg

So I'm guessin' maybe I'll just wait for the specs to be published

It will be like a dish of Mmmmmm with God damn on the side, and all the O yeah you can drink. :)

Will it have built in voltage control? Any updates?

12 V sound interesting, i do prefer that over the 5V that do add 1 more thing that can go wrong.

Current 5V model gotta have a slightly beefed up PSU to pull a dual setup.

BTW. will it be possible to run 1080/60 on the front camera and the regular 30 FPS on the rear camera, or are we still tied to 2 X 30 FPS

I expected that, its just 1080/60 have grown on me, do like the "double" chance of getting a plate capture.

But i can do a good 30 FPS too if its good FPS.

For the dual remote version, is the external lense option (SGRCWPC) compatible with this model?

For the dual remote version, is the external lense option (SGRCWPC) compatible with this model?

no, different chipset, can't support that camera, we will look at a similar waterproof external camera for this one later on though

Back