Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

don't get sandisk.

????
Have been using them since you needed a mortgage to purchase a 1GB card and have taken many many thousands of photo's using them and never had an issue so is it in DC use that 'they' don't perform?

Sandisk cards can be finicky in DVR's, (DVR issue more so than a card issue) that said I've used 100's of them with very little problems, they do have a lifetime warranty, just buy from somewhere with good support if there's a card related issue

just buy from somewhere with good support i

That is true of (just) about everything you buy, but it is sometimes hard to avoid the odd 'rouge:oops: (or even rogue) trader' when they sell through some of the best known 'on-line' outlets there are.

Should have posted these with my other installation pics - however here they are. The first is the GPS just 'sitting' in place and it performs as it should (no sticky pad securing it) the following are of the camera location wont go into the 'drama' of getting the cables under the headliner etc etc however as with any 'in-car' installation when you come to re-fit the last remaining screw, which in my case were the passenger sun visors (two), it falls 'somewhere' and you then take longer to find the thing than it did to do the whole job in the first place!

Ah the joys of DIY and having a fistful of thumbs:rolleyes:

DSCN4399.JPG DSCN4401.JPG DSCN4402.JPG

Last edited:
Just placed my order. Can't wait for it to get here!

On some occasions when the car is outside overnight you can get condensation forming very quickly as you open the door and would also be likely to condensate inside the DC and will this have an adverse effect on the DC ?

On some occasions when the car is outside overnight you can get condensation forming very quickly as you open the door and would also be likely to condensate inside the DC and will this have an adverse effect on the DC ?
No more so than on other electronics - like the radio, cd player, nav system, etc..

I also have a problem with the dash cam interfering with my radio reception. unplugging it at lighter end and it stops. I left lighter end plugged and removed usb end and it also stops. So basically with power it interferes with my radio reception. You guys have any solution to help me?

Also, I drive a 2015 Honda Odyssey. I installed cam right next to rearview mirror on drivers side. I run cables to passenger side thru the A pillar. The gps cable is about 1.5 ft short of reaching the dash. I just let it hang half way down the A pillar and it still works fine. I've ordered 3.5mm extension and will hook it up.

Otherwise, the cam seems to work awesome so far....besides the window reflection (but that's not cam's fault)

I also have a problem with the dash cam interfering with my radio reception. unplugging it at lighter end and it stops. I left lighter end plugged and removed usb end and it also stops. So basically with power it interferes with my radio reception. You guys have any solution to help me?

This is the first report that I am aware of. What is the year make and model of your car? Are you using OEM stock equipment or an aftermarket head unit? You might need to add a ferrite core on one or both ends of the USB cable.

I drive a 2015 Honda Odyssey, which probably has bigger windshield than your average car. I measured the wire from gps receiver to end tip of the 3.5mm plug is 4ft 8" (56 inches or 1.4 meters).

Attachments

• IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 28
Is it a factory stock radio and speakers or have you had a 3rd party after market stereo, amp and or speakers installed?

It is stock radio with no aftermarket installations. It only happens when I already get a weak signal and it exacerbates the radio signal and hear a lot more static. It's no big deal, I guess. I'll look up a ferrite core and see what I can do.

I have a small stock pile of compact clam shell clip on ferrite cores here I've had awhile. I'll send you a PM to confirm your shipping address to send some for experimentation.

It is stock radio with no aftermarket installations. It only happens when I already get a weak signal and it exacerbates the radio signal and hear a lot more static. It's no big deal, I guess. I'll look up a ferrite core and see what I can do.

Same situation here OEM equipment, never had a problem before, really did not think it might just be the DC set up - it started to 'seek' stations and loose the signal intermittently something it has never done before. I will try it both with and without the DC to double check - I don't get signal issues with the equipment in this car, I do hope it is just a fluke situation

No more so than on other electronics - like the radio, cd player, nav system, etc..

Except the ICE equipment and all the other electronicky stuff is either in inside the car or encased in a 'potting compound' and not 'cheek by jowel' with the windscreen, that was my concern but there we are :D

Same situation here OEM equipment, never had a problem before, really did not think it might just be the DC set up - it started to 'seek' stations and loose the signal intermittently something it has never done before. I will try it both with and without the DC to double check - I don't get signal issues with the equipment in this car, I do hope it is just a fluke situation

I am going to send you tomorrow 2 ferrite chokes, so you can try out if they will help.

Ordered one of these through Amazon.com yesterday. Eagerly awaiting it. It will be my first Dash Cam, and I can't wait to install it in my Chevy Volt. Should be an interesting install, as the car already has a collision and lane departure factory camera, TPMS, keyless entry, and interior humidity sensor (for automatic interior defogging) up there in a large black box, just forward of the mirror. There's a light sensor on the back of the mirror itself, which I can't block. That would give the auto dimming function fits. Additionally, the Volt has opposed windshield wipers, which swing up from the center bottom of the windshield and out towards the corner. As a result the spot that many show their cams in could potentially be covered with a wedge of snow, ice, or heavy rain that the camera couldn't effectively see through.

Should be fun! ... It's a geek car, and this will be a geek task.

I'm going to use the static cling mount to try various spots along the passenger side of the ominous black box, then test drive to check for interference with the TPMS and keyless entry modules. There have been a few reports here and there of Dashcams interfering with them in generation 1 Volts.

Hoping to install it, set it up, and pretty much forget it unless it is needed. Hopefully that day will never come.

that does sound like a challenge, hope you will document your tests and results as the findings would no doubt be useful for any kind of camera in your model vehicle

Back