Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

I just would like to share some selected footages I run test on the first day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Default Setting (Date and Time were not set.)
No GPS module attached
Temporary mounting was not stable. (Video is shaking on rough road)
I muted the audio .(This camera actually has a very good and sensitive microphone)
I tried to keep my windshield clean, but it is 19-year-old car. The windshield has lots of blemishes.

My original file was 1.55 GB , but Youtube compressed it down to 424 MB on 1080P
I could notice that the original footage was sharper, ran smoother, and had no mosaic effect.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My test run started from around 5:00 PM to 10:30 PM . Therefore, we can see how the camera perform in many different situations, ranging from bright sunlight from both front and back, twilight, night time with and without street light.

I also pay attention on the white balance, color tone, and exposure.

I hope it helps, especially for someone who looking for a nice dashcam.

Last edited:
Not often you get to see that many Panorama cameras in one sitting :D

I am going to send you tomorrow 2 ferrite chokes, so you can try out if they will help.

Thank you niko - let me know the cost and I will PP you. BTW I did not put the post up expecting you to respond many thanks for doing so though....

I just would like to share some selected footages I run test on the first day.
I noticed a speed sign there saying the limit is 40, is that MPH?? very weird watching a video of driving on the wrong side of the road. weird feeling of about to run into someone.
I remember those "old good times" when running 6 dashcams front and 2 in rear., - people looking at my car like at UFO invasion :)
well ya gotta have redundancy, what happens if one doesn't record as something is wrong with it, you need a backup or two or three.

That's exactly what I said to the mrs the other day when she said why did I have three cameras in the front window - at first she panicked when I said redundancy as she thought I'd quit my job but then I explained what I meant and she was much happier :)

Thank you niko - let me know the cost and I will PP you. BTW I did not put the post up expecting you to respond many thanks for doing so though....

No problem. We will sort out this via PM.

P.S. There might be a delay with delivery due to upcoming 4 days holiday.

Last edited:
Not often you get to see that many Panorama cameras in one sitting :D
it's a panorama of Panorama's ;)

Maximum was 4 x Panorama at one time for side by side test. For the past few year I had only handful of days driving with only 1 dashcam. Usually its min. 2-3 pcs. at a time.
Now I am more concentrated to SG constant tests vs other dashcams to find pros and cons in order to be sure Street Guardian is up to customers expectations.

GC vs Panorama.jpg

GC vs X1 vs V40.jpg

That's exactly what I said to the mrs the other day when she said why did I have three cameras in the front window - at first she panicked when I said redundancy as she thought I'd quit my job but then I explained what I meant and she was much happier :)
:D

...very weird watching a video of driving on the wrong side of the road. weird feeling of about to run into someone.....
Now you know how those of us in N.A. feel watching videos posted by you guys 'down under' and in G.B. :eek:

I don't get it, the cables coming out of the camera are hard up against the glass such that the base of the cable cover can't fit between the glass and the cables (even with the included higher mount for the cam).

Attachments

• 1428035044723.jpg
    1428035044723.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 1428035201805.jpg
    1428035201805.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 53
I don't get it, the cables coming out of the camera are hard up against the glass such that the base of the cable cover can't fit between the glass and the cables (even with the included higher mount for the cam).

That's because you're testing it without the base plate. Put the stick on baseplate below, and that missing gap is filled

Base plate for both the camera and the cable cover were attached in those photos, the larger base for more vertical windows still didn't allow enough space

Attachments

• 1428035675725.jpg
    1428035675725.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1428035788703.jpg
    1428035788703.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 1428035873568.jpg
    1428035873568.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 44
Back