Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

Hard to find, i have tv with monty phytons meaning of life running in the background :) not a pothead any more but still good fun to me.

Now if Street Guardian in the future could move away from the micro blackvue shape of the remote cameras and into somthing with a even smaller horisontal footprint.

And if stealth is the issue and GPS is not a must then there is the SGZC12RC
thats micro blackvue
img_0692s-jpg.11364

Last edited by a moderator:
...Now if Street Guardian in the future could move away from the micro blackvue shape of the remote cameras and into somthing with a even smaller horisontal footprint.
Keep the shape - just rotate the lens 90 degrees and put it on the end of the tube rather than the side. ;)

Thats what i am thinking too, dont mind the camera poking into the car, actually i think with that shape it might be possible to make a very versatile and still discreet mount for it.

So called "stealth size comparison" can be made by how much footprint dashcam leaves in looking from outside directly after it has been installed in the car by looking from outside below sun-strip or dotted area around RVmirror sun-shade. For those who dont have a sun-strip or can not mount below dotted area of RVmirror sun-shade this will be a different comparison. Of course one more "footprint" is left if looking from the side, which is also important for some people, so there are many things to consider.

below is one of my last year samples to explain what I mean. In some cases bigger looking dashcam ( BlackSys CF-100 ) can have same "footprint" as mini 08xx series. It's all depends on individual install and car make / model.

Size Comparison with other dashcams.jpg

Blackvue was one of Nr1 on my wish-list 4-5y ago due to it's quite small size back then. But now if mount smallest BV DR3500 side by side with SG9665GC and look directly from outside, the footprint of SG will be twice smaller than BV DR3500.

I think only Mobius or Innovv series can compete with "footprint" of SG9665GC, but in many cases its only if to use a custom / DIY / or aftermarket mounting solution.

Yes, I agree.
I did not expect that it is so small.
Kind of a convenient and practical form factor.

The SG9665GC already stacks up pretty well in the above comparison images, but your not even doing it justice. Needs to be turned front on to give a true footprint comparison. Have not got one so I cannot do the demo but I would like to see the front on footprint for a fairer comparison.

Below is footprint comparison:

Left: Panorama 2 with DIY custom low profile magnetic bracket. ( Project 1 , Project 2 )
Second from right: B40 / A118 which has same shell size as SG9665GC
First fromt right side is Mobius with DIY cusotom low profile mount.

View attachment 12469 View attachment 12469
You must have accidentally reversed your images - the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car. :D:rolleyes:

Edit: That's obviously a bad joke but it just looks so strange to me looking at a right-hand drive vehicle. It's easier for me to watch videos of you blokes driving on the 'wrong' side of the road than it is to see the steering wheel on the 'wrong' side..

You must have accidentally reversed your images - the steering wheel is on the wrong side of the car. :D:rolleyes:
Good pick up. niko has stuffed up the images. Steering wheel suppose to be on the left hand side of the car, that's where people there read their sentences from right to left too :P

Niko forgot to mention the X1 and C3 in regard to stealth ;)

Remember #1 time i tried to drive a car with the steering wheel in the "wrong" side, really wierd to shift gears with the left hand.

Now i just need to try a mclaren F1 or simmilar mid seated then i have tried it all :D

Edit: That's obviously a bad joke but it just looks so strange to me looking at a right-hand drive vehicle. It's easier for me to watch videos of you blokes driving on the 'wrong' side of the road than it is to see the steering wheel on the 'wrong' side..

Bad joke ? R U kidding ? I use same joke here time to time, because where I come from, steering wheel is on "the correct side" ;)

Niko forgot to mention the X1 and C3 in regard to stealth ;)

Remember #1 time i tried to drive a car with the steering wheel in the "wrong" side, really wierd to shift gears with the left hand.

Now i just need to try a mclaren F1 or simmilar mid seated then i have tried it all :D

It's only takes 5-10 minutes to get used to. Years ago, when my "weights lifting hand" was broken, I had to learn how to lift "weight" ( read Beer ) with left hand :)

I dont think I can afford McL F1 now. I prefer other car with steering wheel in the centre :D

smallcars07.jpg

Steering wheel suppose to be on the left hand side of the car, :p

In our world everything is relative.
If to look closely and think outside of the box, the steering wheel IS on the left side of the car, if to look from outside ;)

Back