Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

I have exactly the same problem. Was all set to order this as soon as they became available but now the SGZC12RC has me back sitting on the fence trying to decide between them. Choices, too many choices. :confused:

Tough choice. If you had to choose one, maybe you go with the one that's most mature (GC), where at least its guts have gone through a couple of iterations and the form factor has been thoroughly tested in the field. I like the RC a lot (love the concept even more) but the the remote viewer/head unit seems a bit too bulky for me. Maybe in future versions, both the camera and head unit get sleeker and any potential issues get ironed out.

Otherwise, buy both and get a girlfriend. Probably cheaper in the long run :) ... (I kid, I kid).

Future Video Reviews will be in a bright red 500+ HP Mustang Boss :)

Can you do it in this—possibly the most advanced vehicle on the planet—superbeast?

Last edited:
That works too, but my business partner has a Mustang at the moment. I plan to take it for a spin around the golden gate bridge etc recording beautiful GC / X1 footage soon.

Future Video Reviews will be in a bright red 500+ HP Mustang Boss :)
looks like I need to get into the dash cam business, seems lots of cash to be made, mark up on cams? 400+%?

looks like I need to get into the dash cam business, seems lots of cash to be made, mark up on cams? 400+%?

I run the DashCam side of the business for http://pier28.com and drive a Smart Car
He runs the Enterprise Technology Sales / Network Security Assessment & Consulting Services and drives the nicer car.
You do the math :)

Exactly, I wouldn't be driving a Smart Car if it was that good. I'm working hard though 7 days a week to build the business.
wouldn't be driving a smart car if it wasn't good either.

unless you can manage to get a deal ;)
that has crossed my mind in the last couple of hours, you maybe asked for a quote soon once things get ready to go.

... buy both and get a girlfriend. Probably cheaper in the long run :) ... (I kid, I kid).

No, it's not.

Will probably go with the GC if for no other reason than it's a 5v power supply and both vehicles are already set up with USB power vs the 12v for the RC - plus I like the form factor.

No, it's not.

Don't tell these guys. :eek:

2yu2oMe.jpg

you must be psychic ;)
More like first hand experience from mspin :p

Gosh, this Chinese New Year holiday hiatus means lack of new product announcement and delayed in shipping to buyers are really boring us all, so we all have to find alternate news to entertain us :D

Back