Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

OK I missed the yellow duck, so about the standard SG9665GC I just received, but didn't use yet .

First (in belgian alphabetical order) the supplied micro-SD/USB reader doesn't work; it is recognized and installs in Windows XP but when I try to access it it says please insert a disk in drive (something), reported as CompactFlash.
Anyway the microSD card reads OK in a standard SD to micro adapter.
Very important, my NLE editing software has no problem with the movie files.
But Registrator viewer complains that it can't play the movies, missing a codec, while VLC and my NLE don't find a problem with this...

Also, I set the cam not to display the logo, but the movies are still showing StreetGuardian in the video.
I could cut it out, since its usually on the road, but in case of low-lying cliffs it could be a problem.
I would like to have a clean video, no date, time, anything...

There's also a setting I don't understand, it's the auto power-off, I get about the screen saver (display off) but I would think a capacitor-driven cam would not allow for a 5-minutes shutdown?

I just tested again the 64Gb MicroSD you received with same memory cards reader in my PC and it was reading from all USB-s I have on my PC. Could you please check lower than 64Gb mircosd cards ( 32, 16gb etc ) if you have. Maybe your USB needs update ? Anyway, let me know, if it does not work, I will send you a new one.

It is strange about Logo stamp not switching off. It works on mine. I will double check again.

Auto power-off, it should mean if you have dashcam constantly powered and recording is "paused", no buttons touched, then it will turns off after selected time.

About playback, please check if you have latest codecs.

OK I missed the yellow duck, so about the standard SG9665GC I just received, but didn't use yet .

First (in belgian alphabetical order) the supplied micro-SD/USB reader doesn't work; it is recognized and installs in Windows XP but when I try to access it it says please insert a disk in drive (something), reported as CompactFlash.
Anyway the microSD card reads OK in a standard SD to micro adapter.
Very important, my NLE editing software has no problem with the movie files.
But Registrator viewer complains that it can't play the movies, missing a codec, while VLC and my NLE don't find a problem with this...

Also, I set the cam not to display the logo, but the movies are still showing StreetGuardian in the video.
I could cut it out, since its usually on the road, but in case of low-lying cliffs it could be a problem.

There's also a setting I don't understand, it's the auto power-off, I get about the screen saver (display off) but I would think a capacitor-driven cam would not allow for a 5-minutes shutdown?

http://www.registratorviewer.com/download_en.html

"If you have Windows Vista / 7 / 8 - then you do not need anything else, the video should play without problems.
If you have Windows XP or video is not playing properly, then I recommend to install K-Lite Codec Pack. If you do not know, choose the assembly "Mega". For 64-bit system, you still need to install the 32-bit version of the codecs."

Or
Codecs for Windows XP and Vista
http://shark007.net/vistacodecpackage.html

The auto shutdown option is only in effect if you are not recoding. If you're recoding the auto shutdown is ignored.

Logo sounds like a bug. Try setting to factory defaults.

Last edited:

I just re-tested different combinations of Stamp / Display Logo / Car No. and you are right, depending on various combination of those 3 settings, - in few cases there is a bug. I am preparing full report for engineers, so they can look into it and fix it via future FW updates.
Thanks for attention @daniel_bel

have reported this display bug already, all being well that will be fixed in the next firmware release

not sure if the card reader is an issue for XP, Registrator Viewer needs additional codecs for XP though

Auto off setting is only for when the camera is in standby mode (not recording)

Thank you all, I think all is clear now.

The reader is not a problem, I will use a standard SD adapter instead.
About this, is it normal that the card in the adapter seems very "loose", like the contacts are not really holding the card? I have not the impression that the card goes very deep and there's no "lock" feeling about it. Again just for information, I don't care.
Same failure with an old 4GB microSD I have lying here.

Now to find the best exposure for a 60% sky footage. I'll check Alexsoll's pics again and begin with -1.
Would you recommend using WDR or not for daytime?

About this, is it normal that the card in the adapter seems very "loose", like the contacts are not really holding the card? I have not the impression that the card goes very deep and there's no "lock" feeling about it. Again just for information, I don't care.

Now to find the best exposure for a 60% sky footage. I'll check Alexsoll's pics again and begin with -1.
About card "loose" and have no "lock feeling".
I have tested microsd card insertion, lock / unlock before shipping and it locked / unlocked fine.
Do you mean "no lock feeling" when inserting into usb card reader or into unit ?

15 year Old windows XP can be a bit tricky with USB memory card reading.

Pushing in medium hard and hitting the back feeling is all you get on the microUSB keychain reader. (No click/lock sensation)

More PQ options will be coming in the next firmware as well.

I was talking about the USB adapter, the card feels very loose in it, certainly not "medium hard", like the contacts are not even touching.
In the cam the card locks OK, a little too difficult to take out ;-) especially with left hand
That's OK guys I won't try anymore with the USB adapter, please let's forget it...

No please thanks, it would be wasted time and money, and we're not even sure it would work..
Case closed.

My usb adapter doesn't much work either. Starts out ok but before long if transferring files off it, it craps out. change to an SD adapter and all works fine. I gave up using it too. Maybe there was a bad batch. (Win 7 64bit)

My usb adapter doesn't much work either. Starts out ok but before long if transferring files off it, it craps out. change to an SD adapter and all works fine. I gave up using it too. Maybe there was a bad batch. (Win 7 64bit)

I'm just overseas at the moment but as soon as I'm back I'll put one of the new ones in the post for you

Just registered to post here about a couple of things.

First, I am really excited to be buying a SG9665GC very soon. I'm picking up a new car in the coming days, and I'll be getting a GC for it.

Second, I just wanted to compliment jokiin and Pier28 for the really amazing support for these products. I've never seen support like this for anything. I have faith that I'll never need to contact either of them for anything other than ordering the dash cam, but it's really great to know that in the event I likely do something stupid, they're there to provide unparalleled support because I've likely gone and done something incredibly stupid.

thanks for the kind words, we're still working on improving the product, we'll have a new firmware out soon with a couple of tweaks, a few bug fixes and some new features, we're only human and can make mistakes so if you come across anything that's not right by all means let us know, we want our products to be the best they can be so the feedback, be it good, bad or otherwise is always appreciated

Hi jokiin, I have all 3 units installed and all are working flawlessly :). Will the forthcoming firmware update have the option to imprint the speed on the video?

Back