Street Guardian has the SG9665GC listed

non-visibility outside

c3f052dd48f5.png

ce7878d9dbe2.png

b85653a2e3e1.png

6b71a35a47f0.png

for comparison BlackVue (masking significantly worse)

dee844c78a1d.png

Last edited:
@stfl97, have you made any progress towards a solution for the FM radio interference you were experiencing? .

I got a chance to do some testing. Here's what I found turns out in my case one of my usb cables looks to be at fault.
When experiencing interference I disconnected USB to mini cables to both cams and the radio became clear. I then re-connected the rear cam USB cable and no interference, disconnected rear cam and connected front cam(USB) and interference returned.
I then removed USB cable to front unit and installed the cable that came with the GC and no radio interference. Re-connected rear cam(USB) and still clear.

I ordered a replacement cable and I'll test again once received.

I got a chance to do some testing. Here's what I found turns out in my case one of my usb cables looks to be at fault.
When experiencing interference I disconnected USB to mini cables to both cams and the radio became clear. I then re-connected the rear cam USB cable and no interference, disconnected rear cam and connected front cam(USB) and interference returned.
I then removed USB cable to front unit and installed the cable that came with the GC and no radio interference. Re-connected rear cam(USB) and still clear.

I ordered a replacement cable and I'll test again once received.

I've always had pretty good luck with USB-A to mini-B cables from Monoprice. For the money the quality has always been excellent and I am running four different cameras with them at the moment using 10 & 15 foot cables with no issues. The one you used not only has an integral ferrite core but is shielded "using braid and foil shields, "which helps filter out electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI and RFI)". I would suggest dropping a note to Monoprice about your experience just to see what they might have to say about it.

I've always had pretty good luck with USB-A to mini-B cables from Monoprice. For the money the quality has always been excellent and I am running four different cameras with them at the moment using 10 & 15 foot cables with no issues. The one you used not only has an integral ferrite core but is shielded "using braid and foil shields, "which helps filter out electromagnetic and radio frequency interference (EMI and RFI)". I would suggest dropping a note to Monoprice about your experience just to see what they might have to say about it.

Yes, I also have had good experience with monoprice cables in the past which is why I didn't even bother to check elsewhere. In any event, I did contact them and explained my test results. They were most helpful and are sending me a replacement, I misspoke when I said I ordered a replacement they actually offered to replace the cable. They did say the cable shouldn't be interfering with any radio signal. Like I said I'll repeat the whole thing once I receive the replacement.

Yes, I also have had good experience with monoprice cables in the past which is why I didn't even bother to check elsewhere. In any event, I did contact them and explained my test results. They were most helpful and are sending me a replacement, I misspoke when I said I ordered a replacement they actually offered to replace the cable. They did say the cable shouldn't be interfering with any radio signal. Like I said I'll repeat the whole thing once I receive the replacement.

Glad to hear that. Monoprice basically put themselves on the map by offering very high quality cables at dirt cheap prices so I had a feeling they might be willing to see if they can't make this right by you. Good luck!

One a side note, the HDMI cables I bought from Monoprice for a few dollars each exceed the quality and performance of many on the market selling for literally ten times the price! I first heard about Monoprice cables from a well known electronic review site that said that their engineers use Monoprice HDMI cables exclusively and that all the overpriced "name" brands are basically a rip-off.

Reactions: Mtz
Easily accessible Emergency / Lock / Accident Button
More pictures and "how to do" are HERE

SANY0010.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I think what you try to do, Niko, searching for a protruding thing to push in a hidden place while driving, very dangerous.:eek:

My current cam (no, don't get me started on it) is delivered with a remote control.
That's much better than your silicone blob.

The only thing I have to do is :
-open the storage compartment between front seats, where the remote is tucked under keys, ballpen, handkerchief, Fisherman's Friends etc
-feel and find the remote, usually someplace on the back side, have a short look at it (deep down and center of the car, far from the road) and locate the "up" side and the "top" side of the remote
-remove my driving glasses and put on my reading glasses so I can read what is written on the tiny remote's buttons
-locate the "lock file" button and press it, directing the remote close to the windscreen and up, so that the cam can "see" the remote
-have a quick glance at the road (there's a lot of things changed out there now)
-lower my torso and raise my head to check if the cam is now in "keep mode" (faster LED cycles)
-put the remote back around its place
-change glasses again.

You see, I don't even have to reach anywhere near the cam. Always think: Safety first;)

Last edited:
I think what you try to do, Niko, searching for a protruding thing to push in a hidden place while driving, very dangerous.:eek:

My current cam (no, don't get me started on it) is delivered with a remote control.
That's much better than you silicone blob.

The only thing I have to do is :
-open the storage compartment between front seats, where the remote is tucked under keys, ballpen, handkerchief, Fisherman's Friends etc
-feel and find the remote, usually someplace on the back side, have a short look at it (deep down and center of the car, far from the road) and locate the "up" side and the "top" side of the remote
-remove my driving glasses and put on my reading glasses so I can read what is written on the tiny remote's buttons
-locate the "lock file" button and press it, directing the remote close to the windscreen and up, so that the cam can "see" the remote
-have a quick glance at the road (there's a lot of things changed out there now)
-lower my torso and raise my head to check if the cam is now in "keep mode" (faster LED cycles)
-put he remote back around its place
-change glasses again.

You see, I don't even have to reach anywhere near the cam. Always think: Safety first;)

That is quite nice educational story ( step by step in details on "how to" ). :D

every time I view footage from this thing I cant believe how good it is, especially compared to the blackspew I had before. I can hold the sd card when I take it out of this one unlike the blackspew where I almost burn my fingers.

Also, how the hong kong show go with my comparison footage there? anyone ask much about it??

Also, how the hong kong show go with my comparison footage there? anyone ask much about it??

that was very helpful, even other camera suppliers couldn't believe how bad the Blackvue was, will be using this footage again I'm sure :)

coooooool. thinking, could have compared it with the DR400G-HD, then the second part after it pulled away most likely would have been all pink and not much image at all.

that was very helpful, even other camera suppliers couldn't believe how bad the Blackvue was, will be using this footage again I'm sure :)

Thats so obvious. Why they ( other developers / manufacturers) did not come up to this before, I don't understand ?!
To know and to convince a difference between 2 ( 3,4 ... ) products, - you have to show a proof !
Thats why long time ago I asked admin to add a Side by Side Comparison sub-forum, so ppl can see with their eyes a proof ! ;)
This is one of the oldest marketing techniques.

Last edited by a moderator:
I try and avoid saying someone else's product is rubbish, not the way I work, I prefer to just lay out the facts and let people work it out

I made an exception in using this footage as it was provided by a customer

I try and avoid saying someone else's product is rubbish, not the way I work, I prefer to just lay out the facts and let people work it out

I made an exception in using this footage as it was provided by a customer

As they say: " one picture is worth a thousand words " !

Back