I assume each camera works out its auto exposure independently though, so it should compensate for the tint a bit anyway? Until it's implemented.

Night video samples?.... Please. :D

@alexsoll I meant fresh ones with a sparkling clean windscreen + RAW files. :)

Edit:

Also why use .AVI.. is it to protect the video equivalent of EXIF data before official release?

So that's where the blue sky was hiding "today"

Do any of these have a remote button to command the 'save clip' function...or do you have to have physical access to recording unit.

Thats one thing that also have been keeping me off using the event button on cameras, the fact that you have to reach up there and find / press that button, and not least do so pretty quickly after a event where you might be shocked to some degree.

I am hoping new event routines we have debated will help alleviate this issue for me and others too i think, so instead of event files being what is in a small buffer event files will be whole current file and / of file before or after if event is close to start / end of current file.
Okay that way your event file might be 6 minutes worth of footage if you use 3 minute file length, but you will know the event is safe in there, and it will be much easy to find in the event folder.

This way instead of seconds to press the event button to actually capturing the event in the camera buffer, then you have a whole minute or more time to press that event button and still have the event encapsulated in the event recording saved in the event folder.

A remote event button could also help a lot with current ways of handling event files, if i had one i would put it on my console between the seats well within reach.

But as always if you are recording all the time anyway then your event will be saved in all but the most extreme of events, and so it is only a matter of locating it in between the other always record files.

I am looking forward to being better able to use event button, my approach of making mental notes of where things happen are flawed, at least with my selective memory.
And it get worse if i have been doing other things between one or more event times i want to remember, so it can be problematic for me even though the route i have driven are the same route i driven 100s of times within the past 5 years, and that suck cuz it is still a 30 - 40 minute drive that i cant be bothered to preview in 1:1 ratio when i get home.

Last edited:
I am hoping new event routines we have debated will help alleviate this issue for me and others too i think, so instead of event files being what is in a small buffer event files will be whole current file and / of file before or after if event is close to start / end of current file.
Okay that way your event file might be 6 minutes worth of footage if you use 3 minute file length, but you will know the event is safe in there, and it will be much easy to find in the event folder.

we are working on something very much like this right now actually

Argg, I could have used one of these yesterday. A truck forced a car into a bit of a squeeze when it merged lanes without looking then the car managed to get in front of the truck a bit further up the road and slammed his brakes on.

I was sitting in the traffic watching the truck and car drivers raging at each other in the middle of the road behind me. I caught the near miss/merge on my GC but missed all the action afterwards. I really need a rear cam (too bad my A118C wouldn't fit to the rear due to the wrong angle of the mount)

As for an event button, with about 18hrs of recording time on my current SG, I've never used it as I have plenty of time to copy any files I need to keep.

What kind of vehicle do you have that an a118 won't fit the rear glass?

chopped.jpg

Seriously though it's not always practical for rear window use, the DC rear cam is half the size of a GC cam but I'm sure there will be situations where it's still not the preferred choice, we have some other options we're working on for future release that will expand the possibilities

Looking for a sensor module (not related to dash cams) most modules utilizing IMX291 quote operating temperature up to 50C.
Is that also upper limit for this new SG?

Back