anyone that has registered for the warranty will get notified when available
Since i am waiting for the hardwire kit to come out to buy both the kit and camera in one go and get it professionally installed, I have obvisouly not registered yet for the warranty. How can I get notified about the hardwire kit? (apart from me coming to the forum time to time and checking all posts :) )

Since i am waiting for the hardwire kit to come out to buy both the kit and camera in one go and get it professionally installed, I have obvisouly not registered yet for the warranty. How can I get notified about the hardwire kit? (apart from me coming to the forum time to time and checking all posts :) )

they'll be listed on the site once available, we don't have a mailing list for this though

possibly, but not one we've checked, the Samsung cards are the only 256gb cards we have tested with at this time
No problems, I'll look in to the Samsung ones. Rather I go with something that's been tried at least.
Had a few Sandisk cards go corrupt on me in my previous dashcam but they were the cheaper ones.
Thanks!

1) Can someone confirm that the connector labelled "CAM" on the front camera unit is a mini USB?
From the attached photo (taken from page 40 in this thread) it looks as if the connector labelled "CAM" is a micro USB and the connector labelled USB (the power input) is a mini USB.

2) Is the connector on the rear camera a mini USB?

I have some existing usb-cable wiring in my car that I'd like re-use as it's very troublesome to redo the cable to the tailgate (liftgate) - it requires the headliner in the car to be removed.

I'd appreciate if someone would attach some photos of how the connectors look on the final production unit front and rear camera, thanks

Attachments

• shG5pte.jpg
    shG5pte.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
The cable(s) connecting the front/rear cameras on the DC are not USB - @jokiin has mentioned somewhere (probably in this thread) that it's a 10 wire cable.

Edit: Found the post - https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...dc-dc-dual-channel.28206/page-102#post-372909
ah thats disappointing. I had to use an extension for my thinkware rear camera to get to the back window of my truck topper. Wired it through a floor firewall under the passenger seat, used plastic tubing to protect it while its wired along the frame, then up at the tailgate. Since the thinkware cams use micro usb I was able to use a standard micro usb extension with no issues.

I know I am a unique case because I am willing to wire it all the way to the back of my trucks topper/cap, I know 3 m would be far too short for me.

Haha. That's confusing. To be fair the Panorama X2 should be wiped from the history books, so I shall mention it no more!
What's the SGGCX2 then?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
whatever happened to the panorama x2? did it just die off due to unreliability?

that's why we also include a 6M cable

Very appreciative of having the 6M cable included, it allowed me to run the cable along the A-pillar, along the door frame sills and back up the C-pillar.

Just a quick question, I pressed the button to take a still photo and noticed it was pixelated when I tried to view it full screen and zoom in on PC.
Is it just taking a still frame capture of the 1920x1080 video or is it possible to take a higher resolution photo?

it won't take a higher res photo as the native res is 1920x1080 anyway, how the photo turns out will depend on movement and lighting, you might find that a frame grab from the video is a better option, if you press the menu button while recording you get a photo, if you press the emergency button you get photo and video

that's why we also include a 6M cable

Can the 6m and 3m cable be joined together to get 9m total?

I'm debating which way is the best to go with my vehicle, dual channel or two separate cameras. I don't want to run a dual channel rear camera cable along the roof lining due to curtain airbags, so that means going along under the floor door trim and then up into the tailgate (so lots of disassembly and cable length required.) I've got front and rear fuse boxes and already have two separate cameras wired in, so it's easy to source power for two separate cameras. I do want to avoid RF interference with the Australian DAB radio frequencies, currently reception is suffering with the rear Mobius killing sensitivity, it's located near the rear glass embedded antenna. I was thinking a dual channel set up might reduce the noise levels- given the power feed and main electronics are in the front camera?

If the capacitor gets drained in the main camera does it source the time from the GPS signal to reset the time? I've found my capacitor equipped Mobius' randomly loose the time- which makes finding footage very hard and also results in recent footage being overwritten due to the date being duplicated.

Can the 6m and 3m cable be joined together to get 9m total?

no, cable lengths that long can work but you can't join the cables

what type of vehicle is it?
If the capacitor gets drained in the main camera does it source the time from the GPS signal to reset the time? I've found my capacitor equipped Mobius' randomly loose the time- which makes finding footage very hard and also results in recent footage being overwritten due to the date being duplicated.

GPS does sync the time but it has an RTC battery to keep the time, it doesn't rely on the capacitors for this

Back