interesting. So, the double sided tape had better contact to the housing that dual-lock. Hmm.
Yeah, the Dual-Lock is kind of rigid and wouldn't conform to the surface of the housing (it was kind of a pebble finish). I could see on the adhesive side that about 50% of the surface area was not in contact with the housing. The mounting tape is more pliable than the Dual-Lock and using a piece between the Dual-Lock and the housing resolved the issue. Whether is was the greater pliability, or different adhesive, or both I don't know.

For other things i some times use some dual sided tape that i think are meant for securing carpet to floors, the tape itself when removed from the paper protecting it are like rubber and quite flexible, and to be honest somewhat of a nightmare to cut off in smaller pieces as it are so damn sticky and flexible too.
It look and feel like a thin strip of silicone with glue on both sides.
But it conform well to surfaces and it is damn sticky though it never seem to harden up and its only a mm thick.

I have not tried it on a dashcamera, but it work fine sticking servos to surfaces in RC toys, and when you want the servo off you really have to get in under it with a screwdriver or something similar to pry it off.

Are you guys running any specials on the SG9663DC for black friday? :) Looking to buy my first dash camera!

We have limited stock remaining, no sale at this time since I’ll most likely be out of stock before more is available. (Selling faster than anticipated)

SGDCHW (specialized hard wire kit) ETA is Q1

Last edited:
Hehe at first its like ?????? WTF, and then it make sense :) SGDCHW

Maybe it was the ETA that slowed down my perception.

Dashcam or Subwoofer ?:unsure:

Will wait how the prices will be around christmas, then I will take a look at it again. (Poor student :ROFLMAO:) Lets hope they go down

Dashcam can "save" you, a subwoofer can only ruin your ears, and since i had many subwoofers in my car once i can tell you that the firetruck with everything going right beside you,,,, you will not hear it,,, at least not with 3 subs and 3 X 500 Watt.
But i think its the same with just one subwoofer, so if you go that route i recommend heightened alertness when you drive and play your music cuz you will not hear the police / ambulance or feuerwehr

I don't wanna go overkill
Sub would be around 250w RMS, I want nice sound not a rolling subwoofer. If I am in driving in the city I already turn the music down in case of emergency services so that wouldn't be a problem

Problem with dashcam in germany is that they aren't legal. They are in a grey zone. Sometimes they are "accepted" and sometimes you will shoot yourself in the foot with it.
A while ago a women got sued because she had parking mode on her dashcam active. A car hit her car and she went to the police with the footage, after the other driver just drove away. Police said right of privacy is over the accident....
I love the german laws:banghead:

Maybe she should just have gotten license plate of footage and then go to police and say i saw it with my own eyes and wrote down the plate number.
Then police can go and find dents in the other car and match paint if needed.

Some times things become too smart and people forget that much in society are still analog. :D

I always say a single camera are fine as it always docoment what the car where it is installed is doing, so no one can claim he/she turned nto my lane and stuff like that cuz camera will prove that did not happen.
But off course with German laws it seem like a dashcam are more of a novelty that will be hard to use in a case either in court or between insurance companies.

It depends much on the court
Some love dashcams and some hate them.

Back to the DC:
-15°c and 35°C wont be a problem for it right?

we only have lab equipment capable of soak testing from -20°c to +70°c so realistically can't confirm temps outside of that range but we do have customers that use our products that live in places where both of these extremes are exceeded

thats me wooohooo.

it's not about trying to sell stuff, we'll send notifications about firmware updates also, from our other models we can tell that the firmware updates only get downloaded by maybe 10 to 15% of the user base so there would be plenty of people that may not be aware that updates are even available

Back