cables are in production now
Sweet, can finally get the DC with hardwired cables! Anyone here have any advice in installing the DC in a Toyota Auris 2012 - particularly the back window camera? It's probably similar to other Toyota cars in that era like the Prius

Not familiar with that model but will check it out and see if it's like any other Toyota model here that we might know

cables are in production now

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but will the hardwire kit work with other dashcams? Suchs as Viofo? Or is it Street Guardian Specific?

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but will the hardwire kit work with other dashcams? Suchs as Viofo? Or is it Street Guardian Specific?

it is made for our camera, the camera changes functions based on the input from the cable

How long do you think before we can purchase the hardwire kit for those of us who have already purchased the DC? thx

Hi,

Will the parking mode only be available with the hardwiring kit? I'm currently using a USB battery pack for my current MiVue dashcam and am quite happy with this arrangement. I'm loving everything I've heard about the SG9663DC, but parking mode is essential and I would prefer not to hardwire.

Thank you. :)

Hey Bexx, could you elaborate on the usb batter pack? Looking for options for my SG9663DC. I appreciate any info you might have. Thank you

you can use a USB power bank fine i think, but then the camera will be always recording, the smarter parking guard features are only enabled with the new hard wire kit.

Its common to use a USB power bank ( 10.000 + MAH ) to power cameras, but then the camera will just be regular recording i think or at least you will have to put the camera into parking mode manually.

Ah okay thanks. So as of now, looking like my option is to wait for the kit to come along.

Hey Bexx, could you elaborate on the usb batter pack? Looking for options for my SG9663DC. I appreciate any info you might have. Thank you
I just use a regular USB powerbank which lasts a couple of days and then I take it in overnight to charge. I actually have two, so one can be in the car at all times.

This is the one I use (although it's the 20,000mAh version which Amazon doesn't seem to have at the moment). I find the live battery level much more useful than those powerbanks that just have 4 LEDS. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B01LXV7X1N
It has the bonus of giving me some extra juice for my phone if I run out of power. :D

Its common to use a USB power bank ( 10.000 + MAH ) to power cameras, but then the camera will just be regular recording i think or at least you will have to put the camera into parking mode manually.
Yes, I manually activate parking mode with my current dashcam, but if I forget, it kicks in after 5 mins anyway as it detects the car isn't moving.

I've ordered the DC anyway. I'm really keen to see the awesome image quality everyone eaves about. :D I'm also hoping I might be able to use the motion detection function as a workaround for parking mode until the hardwire cable is available.

Yeah. i would go for the real deal too, and it will be the first time i try parking guard in my car.
I haven't really felt a need for it as i have CCTV on my car where its parked at home, and the back yard are pitch black so parking guard in a dashcam wouldn't see much.
And it is very rare i park out on the town, and if i do its most likely in a parking garage that also have CCTV.

Plus i drive a mini car ( suzuki ) and so its battery are mini too, and the damn thing are 6 years old by now.

If you already have the DC you can just go with the PSU and a quick install tucking the wire out of the way and then swap for the hard wire kit when it arrive.

As i recall my install of the DC took 20 minutes in my little 5 door hatchback. installing the hard wire kit will be a drag as my fuse box are put in a really silly spot where you have to be a contortionist to work the fuses.

Power Supply Unit, most dashcams today run of 5 volts, so the PSU change the car 12 V to 5V

Yeah. i would go for the real deal too, and it will be the first time i try parking guard in my car.
I haven't really felt a need for it as i have CCTV on my car where its parked at home, and the back yard are pitch black so parking guard in a dashcam wouldn't see much.
And it is very rare i park out on the town, and if i do its most likely in a parking garage that also have CCTV.

Plus i drive a mini car ( suzuki ) and so its battery are mini too, and the damn thing are 6 years old by now.

If you already have the DC you can just go with the PSU and a quick install tucking the wire out of the way and then swap for the hard wire kit when it arrive.

As i recall my install of the DC took 20 minutes in my little 5 door hatchback. installing the hard wire kit will be a drag as my fuse box are put in a really silly spot where you have to be a contortionist to work the fuses.

My current dashcam is 2-channel, so I'm used to routing cables under the trim. :D One of the reasons I'm not keen on the hardwiring though is because the fusebox isn't well documented in my car (Fiat 500L) and because I have an electric sunroof, the few examples I've seen of others hardwiring cams in this car don't correlate to what I see in mine. I'll have a go though.

I like the parking mode because the school car park is pretty tight and I've witnessed many near misses. Only a matter of time before someone reverses into my parked car lol.

Bexx
I like the usb powerbank idea. I have a handheld solar charge bank that gets me two full smartphone charges, has usb outlet. So im presuming this will work until I get the hardwire kit

Back