Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

Indeed :eek:

Lets say it have 8 18650 batteries inside it, thats like 100 bucks at the most and 1/3 of the price, so do make me wonder.

I have just ordered 8 2600 MAH batteried for a hardwire / battery kit i recived in the mail today from MEG and Rayman, im wondering if its parking mode trigger signal on the +5V line will be working with the 9663DC

I got the 8 Sony VTC5A batteries from Holland for 40 EURO

Cellink uses LiFePO4 not Li-Ion.

O thats right, ( did read up on it a little while ago )

Unsure if that change battery price assumption be me, only familiar with the lipo batteries from RC and flashlights.

LiFePO4 batteries, powerful balanced charger, good thermal management (small box for use in a car), bluetooth connectivity and apps.
If you want slightly cheaper but similary performance, You can opt for the older Cellink B.

Also QA and these batteries are filling a niche within a niche, so not exactly a high demand.

I wouldn't want to cheap out on a lithium battery sitting in my car that is constantly in use.

I have a 26650 4200 MAH lipo battery sitting in my car, trickle charging some times when i drive ( flashlight )
The light is fitted to a DIY holder ( pice of plastic tube ) to the right side of my center console, its been there for 8 months now.
I actually think the black flashlight get direct sunlight this time of the year, but only the head can get hit as the rest are inside the tube, but i better feel it up on my drive a little later, cuz the car are again mighty hot as summer have returned to Denmark.

I have a 26650 4200 MAH lipo battery sitting in my car, trickle charging some times when i drive ( flashlight )
The light is fitted to a DIY holder ( pice of plastic tube ) to the right side of my center console, its been there for 8 months now.
I actually think the black flashlight get direct sunlight this time of the year, but only the head can get hit as the rest are inside the tube, but i better feel it up on my drive a little later, cuz the car are again mighty hot as summer have returned to Denmark.

LiPo or LiIon? If LiPo, you sir, like to live dangerously.

I assume its actually Ion as that is more common in flashlights.

I would trust lithium primaries sitting in my car 24/7 (Energizer lithium AA or any CR123) but not rechargeable personally. I have 18650 flashlights but I don't leave them in my car.

Now we are just getting way off topic. :eek:

Yeah you are right its not lipo but li-ion.
This is its brother.
IMG_20180629_170352.jpg

Actially all my 18650 and 26650 are LiMn2O4 or LiFePO4 , only my RC block batteries are lipo, and stored in my oven and charged in a stainless box in my window sill so i can discharge it out the window in a hurry as burning lipo dont smell good.

Last edited:
Street Guardian SG9663DC vs Blackvue DR750S-2CH (Night Vision - OFF)

thank you Niko for help in video processing - http://hiniko.com/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=15&product_id=402

Alex,
How do you splice the front and rear camera videos together? I am trying to start a bad driver series in my local city subreddit. Since I'm not experienced in editing video, I was wondering if you might have some resources/sites you could recommend? Thanks.

You do that in post production / editing of the footage using the PIP ( Picture In Picture ) function merging two or more videos, its not really that bad, actually a lot of video editing software have tutorials on YouTube for using the features.
Not bad at all something you pick up on after trying it a few times.
Here is a tutorial for the software i use.

With a camera like the DC it is nice the front and rear videos start and end at the same time, so timing with things match up nicely.

I must admit i dont use it often myself other than comparing 2 cameras, in that case i use a feature in the footage ( manhole cover or something ) to make sure the 2 different videos are in sync.

I made this not long ago, where the PIP feature was in use and changing back and forth between the 2 feeds to be main and small picture underlined the situation well

Alex,
How do you splice the front and rear camera videos together? I am trying to start a bad driver series in my local city subreddit. Since I'm not experienced in editing video, I was wondering if you might have some resources/sites you could recommend? Thanks.
my daughter does it, I do not know how

Outsourcing :giggle:

Funny with the young ones, my nicees ( teen and early 20ties ) do a lot of the stuff on the internet, but at least the oldest one i dont get, she have never shopped on Amazon or similar outside Denmark sources, only locak stores most often the internet part of a physical store.
I would have expected them to be all around experts in such things, but thats just not the case.

For UK / EU market SGDCHW Hardwiring Kit for PARKING MODE Recording will be ready to be shipped tomorrow.
You can place an order from my online store or from amazon.co.uk ( search SGDCHW ).
By the end of next week, SGDCHW should be available on Amazon UK, France, Italy, Spain Fulfilled by Amazon.

ALL questions regarding SGDCHW please write in THIS THREAD.

For UK / EU market SGDCHW Hardwiring Kit for PARKING MODE Recording will be ready to be shipped tomorrow.
You can place an order from my online store or from amazon.co.uk ( search SGDCHW ).
By the end of next week, SGDCHW should be available on Amazon UK, France, Italy, Spain Fulfilled by Amazon.

ALL questions regarding SGDCHW please write in THIS THREAD.
I thought we were going to get email notification when this was ready? Glad I stopped by here today.

I thought we were going to get email notification when this was ready? Glad I stopped by here today.

we haven't sent the email yet as the stock still hasn't arrived with some of the distributors, the US in particular has a lot of them on backorder so don't want those customers wondering why they still don't have them if we send a mailer saying they're available

Big thanks to jokiin for supplying in Oz , he gives forum members discounts if you ask nicely <G>

I haven’t read through all 131 pages, but I’m pondering an upgrade to the dual channel camera system coming off the 9665GCV3 because I really want to start capturing what’s going on behind me. I don’t dislike my V3 at all, but wasn’t sure what my options may be aside from buying a different rearward facing camera only. Thoughts from the professionals? Thanks in advance!

Back