Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

[QUOTE="SawMaster, post: 334449, member: 13898"but need to so as to keep your business and bank account happy :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
you forgot the most important one of all, make the dreaded wife happy.

A day with money flowing in the wrong direction :eek: The downside to self-employment is that no work equals no money and that to keep customers and your wallet happy you might find yourself working when you do not want to, but need to so as to keep your business and bank account happy :rolleyes:

Phil
That has been my experience :(

I never minded working in the holidays, volunteered for the x-mas night watch on the ferries for all the years i worked there.

And i never said no to working a little late, resulting in me some years working around 12 hour days, and often topping that up with a few hours on Saturday.
But that have been easy for me as i don't have a family to go home to, if that was the case i might think different as ones family should be top of the list.

NO are not really a word i like to use in relation to people clos e to me.

now we are off topic hey.
I used to get into trouble for working extra hours when I was younger. my boss didn't want to pay me over time any more so I had to cut down hours to 38 a week.

Well that x-mas night watch was a breeze, just sit on my ass watching TV and eating nice food prepared for me by the girls in the cafe.
And then collect a good pay for that and 2 days off ( paid ) to be held later in the year.

And the other guys all had wife's and kids, so really no need for it being any different.
And had i been at home i would have done the same and probably smoked some weed, and not earned a dime, so win - win.

[QUOTE="SawMaster, post: 334449, member: 13898"but need to so as to keep your business and bank account happy :rolleyes:
you forgot the most important one of all, make the dreaded wife happy.[/QUOTE]

Or as one ex-friend of mine did, working was an excuse to get away from her. Couldn't figure out why he didn't just divorce her- it would have been easier :p

Phil

happy wife, happy life ;)

happy-wife-happy-life-happy-husband-its-so-unimportant-nobody-12356287.png

no shame from hard work :)

I have this saying on a shirt (and I wore it to work on my first day working at delorean)

il_340x270.596121495_b38b.jpg

There are just two things I won't tolerate in a worker in my business: Laziness and stupidity :mad: There is no excuse for either and if you can't handle that then go to work for the Government where that is their 'normal' :eek:

Still looking like I'll be able to get this cam, hoping no disaster changes that :whistle: Knock wood, fingers and toes crossed and all that stuff :p HURRY UP Jokin! ;)

Phil

Still looking like I'll be able to get this cam, hoping no disaster changes that :whistle: Knock wood, fingers and toes crossed and all that stuff :p HURRY UP Jokin! ;)
not jokiin that has to hurry up its them damn manufacturing places for cords and crap.

Thats not a Pinto he is Cruisin in.

My 2p's worth... I only work around 5 months 3 days a year. I work continental shifts, 4 on 4 off so work 6 months off for 6 months, then I also get 28 days paid leave as well. I only have to take 4 days leave to get 12 days off. I love my job ;)

I had the chance at a great job in the 80's, about 3X normal wages tax free, 1.5X pay for overtime on a guaranteed 70 hour work-week, work 6 months get paid for 9 months, free food, lodging, and transport to and from my local airport both in and out. I would have been building oil wells and related stuff over in the 'sandbox'. The downside? No alcohol, no TV, most magazines prohibited, sharing a room with 3 other guys, and no leaving the man-camp or jobsite for any reason at any time, with a loss of benefits with wages cut in half and taxed if I quit or got fired before the 6 months was up. 5 years of that saving it all then investing well could have meant my comfortable retirement long before I was 40 :eek: :cool:

Young and dumb I was so I declined. No chances like that will happen ever again :(

Phil

Back