Street Guardian SG9663DC (DC = Dual Channel)

I'd prefer to have a discount available to buy without a card as 64GB won't be enough for me.

I'll be ready to make private custom no-card discounted deals as needed when I know someone will buy or has the right card already. I just don't want to make a no-card option available to order at the click of a button.

I have a range of U1 cards, and i will try those in the Dual channel cameras too, but just for functionality and not for longevity as that would be too hard and slow for me to do with 1 camera.

Each Street Guardian distributor decides which cards to bundle with the DC.

For the North America market, Street Guardian USA is thinking of using Samsung EVO Select 64GB cards for the base package
(100MB/s & 90MB/s read & write speeds respectively; Class 10 UHS 3)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XX29S9Q
Or would people prefer an official "High Endurance" card?
I'd love to use Transcend U3 / V30 m.SD cards which are confirmed MLC grade high endurance + extreme high speed. (but there is a shortage, with crazy high 2-3 times normal prices for now)

Sandisk (white "High Endurance") cards are preferred over Lexar (Lexar is using Cheaper materials lately to keep prices down during the global card shortage)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00V5Q1N1I
U3 vs High Endurance? Thoughts? It's unclear if Samsung Select is MLC or can be considered High Endurance or not as well. (or if it even matters)

I thought I'd ask for some opinions before I place a large order soon.
What is the maximum supported card size?

Will the maximum card size be offered as an option?

I am using a 128GB card in the testing of the 0906, and i think that's a camera on the same platform as this SG solution.
And so far i have seen no freakishness on the 0906 and the card are soon coming to where it will have to delete stuff to make room.

geez, I need to move to china and work over there.

Move to Denmark, i think at least in the EU area we are the least working people, and you get 6 weeks paid holiday every year, and should you get a child you can get maturity leave too as a man, and that will be fully paid too.

BUT ! there there are a range of other things you might like and enjoy that you will have to forgo.

http://fortune.com/2015/11/11/chart-work-week-oecd/

Yeah, but the teachers here still complain about being overworked and underpaid anyway :mad: They should do a year in my business and they'd never whine about anything work-related ever again :eek:

BTW, we generally get 3 days off (unpaid) each year: Christmas, 4th of July, and Thanksgiving and I've been compelled to work them other than Christmas more than a few times. I've been asked, but not required, to work Christmas too :( That's why I began to work for myself- nobody makes my decisions for me anymore :cool: but if I make a bad decision I'm the slob who pays for that :rolleyes:

@jokin - Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? :p

Phil

Yeah, but the teachers here still complain about being overworked and underpaid anyway :mad:
true in most cases but not mine, I was tech studies teacher, that was a breeze, no take home work, all done in school. no lesson prep as its mostly practical and done in school.

@jokin - Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? :p

actually ....... no, not here yet

then you can enjoy working on Christmas day, New Years day, Easter ......
i had to for probably a decade until my late 20s in the US. service industry never quits. my first job was at a movie theater in high school, every christmas day was the busiest day of the year and i had to hear 100 people tell me they were surprised it was so busy because they came thinking it wouldn't be busy, and that they were surprised I had to work today instead of being with my family.

thanksgiving, christmas eve, christmas day, new years eve, new years day, had to work pretty much all those days for years as a delivery driver. to be fair though i didnt really care, I am not religious so christmas isn't a big deal for me. and i can visit family on other weekends. ive also NEVER had a job that paid time and a half or any more for working holidays (although my engineering jobs of course i get holiday pay). always found it strange that friends of mine got so mad when they didn't get paid extra for working on holidays.

my first engineering job i got labor day off but then they made us come in on saturday so i still worked over 40 hours that week for no extra pay. ahh the joys of salary. luckily i love my new company ive been at for almost a year.

then you can enjoy working on Christmas day, New Years day, Easter ......

Oh dear, can I assume family birthdays........... How about a funeral o_O

Consumerism has a downside

What is a day off? :(

A day with money flowing in the wrong direction :eek: The downside to self-employment is that no work equals no money and that to keep customers and your wallet happy you might find yourself working when you do not want to, but need to so as to keep your business and bank account happy :rolleyes:

Phil

Back