I am hoping some one would make a true parking mode camera, not a dashcam but a parking cam, maybe build into one of those clocks you have to use some places with a time restriction on parking.
Such a parking cam could be paired with a cabin cam as at least a parking cam would benefit from being of the remote style with the bulk of the hardware off the hot windscreen.

I am hoping some one would make a true parking mode camera, not a dashcam but a parking cam.

I've said for a long time now that the ideal dashcam for use while driving and the ideal dashcam for use while parked are two different cameras, I don't think it's possible to be the best at both, something has to give

I've said for a long time now that the ideal dashcam for use while driving and the ideal dashcam for use while parked are two different cameras, I don't think it's possible to be the best at both, something has to give

I would compare this to many all-in-one goods, where most of them are not as effective as single purpose made application. The only all-in-one exception comes to my mind is LETTERMAN Charge TTi I bought about 10y ago as a treat for myself as all-around multi-tool in my daily work on the go and I must say it has been and still a brilliant piece of kit that can be compared to set of quality single purpose tools, but of course it comes at the price ( back then around 200€ ) vs similar looking multi-tools at price 10-20€.
What I want to say is that I think it is possible to make all-around dascham solution, but I doubt there will be enough customer who are ready to pay 5-10x price.

Hello,

Please forgive me if this has been already covered (I'm new at this dash cam stuff) but has there been a definitive answer if this will have some sort of parking mode?
I looked through all 40 pages and I saw that it was still being looked at but has not been decided yet.
I've been looking at the mini0906, K1S and now the SG9663DC. So far the DC has better image quality (at least from what I can tell).

Thanks

Parking mode is unlikely to be available at time of release, we need to do further testing before we can say for sure if we will offer this as an option or not

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply...do you think it will come in the form of a firmware update later on after release or will it just not be available in this model line?

Alright...thanks for the update

If you want a stable system don't bother with the K1S.

Yeah the more I read about it the more concerns I have although I like the direction they went with by doing a separate DVR box that can be hidden making the over camera small and stealthy.

Yeah the more I read about it the more concerns I have although I like the direction they went with by doing a separate DVR box that can be hidden making the over camera small and stealthy.

the idea was great, the implementation was plagued with problems though unfortunately, three years and they still haven't sorted them out

I am hoping some one would make a true parking mode camera, not a dashcam but a parking cam,
Such a parking cam could be paired with a cabin cam as at least a parking cam would benefit from being of the remote style with the bulk of the hardware off the hot windscreen.

Either a mini dome like CCTV attached to the centre of the roof inside with 360 deg vision (perhaps a slow rotating lens on a shaft that can be adjusted) .. or .. a rear Camera with both a forward and rear facing lens.

I believe that capturing what is happening inside the Cabin will become more important as time goes by.
If someone broke into my Car, especially seeing I'm now into Dash Cams .. I'd want to see what they were doing. Think .. your, or your Wife's Vintage Mink Coat .. and the Insurance Company. But then .. if it was obviously visable .. the thieves would probably break it, knowing it would identify them .. so it either needs to be hidden .. or the footage automatically gets locked away somewhere automatically.

I'm into Coffee Machines and Grinders .. and in Coffee circles .. it is well known that you don't go for the convenience of a Coffee machine with an inbuilt Grinder. The Quality of the Combo is always compromised even if the Company has respectable individual units. Usually, the Grinder is not up to the standard required to suit the Coffee machine.

Companies make them .. because they know there is a market for those who want convenience over the Quality in the Cup .. like capsule mMachines. Good is good enough .. 'I don't need 'very good' or 'excellent'

Last edited:
What's the option for attaching the rear camera? I'm worried about it messing up my back window tint if I ever need to take it off.

Either a mini dome like CCTV attached to the centre of the roof inside with 360 deg vision (perhaps a slow rotating lens on a shaft that can be adjusted) .. or .. a rear Camera with both a forward and rear facing lens.

I believe that capturing what is happening inside the Cabin will become more important as time goes by.
If someone broke into my Car, especially seeing I'm now into Dash Cams .. I'd want to see what they were doing. Think .. your, or your Wife's Vintage Mink Coat .. and the Insurance Company. But then .. if it was obviously visable .. the thieves would probably break it, knowing it would identify them .. so it either needs to be hidden .. or the footage automatically gets locked away somewhere automatically.

I'm into Coffee Machines and Grinders .. and in Coffee circles .. it is well known that you don't go for the convenience of a Coffee machine with an inbuilt Grinder. The Quality of the Combo is always compromised even if the Company has respectable individual units. Usually, the Grinder is not up to the standard required to suit the Coffee machine.

Companies make them .. because they know there is a market for those who want convenience over the Quality in the Cup .. like capsule mMachines. Good is good enough .. 'I don't need 'very good' or 'excellent'
It could be saved to your cloud storage via 4g but then if you don't have unlimited data it will be costly. Not many providers sell unlimited 4g in the UK which is a shame because in the US lots do.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And not all places you will have G4 to transmit on, even here in little old and flat Denmark you can find places where you will barely have 1-2 G

But i think this will change with the rollout of 5G, gooberment are aware that some places in the country people are forced to have a land line as there are no cellular coverage.
But personally i would never use anything cloud based, the entire concept give me the creeps.

But personally i would never use anything cloud based, the entire concept give me the creeps.

Same here. Bit too much like having a Group Shower .. umm ... pass.

What's the option for attaching the rear camera? I'm worried about it messing up my back window tint if I ever need to take it off.

I sold my last car with the dashcam included because I didn't want to risk pulling the rear tint off haha

If it has a tripod screw mount ...i would us my Joby tripod thingo wrapped around the rear headrest posts...as i do now with Mobius. Out of most direct sun & a good rearview position [Toyota YARIS ]

Do you get any shake in the video doing it that way? I'll probably investigate alternative ways to mount it too if possible.

Back