You'll need to DIY a bracket if you're unable to stick anything to the glass for whatever reason.

There is a thread on here somewhere where somebody 3-D printed a long clip shaped bracket that slides deep into the headliner of their hatchback. Camera then slips on to the 3-D printed T-Peg.

Edit here it is
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-a119s-hatch-mount.26330/
yeah i had to get a little creative putting a cam in the back of my pickup truck, since the center piece of glass slid side to side. some trucks you can either roll down the back glass just like one of the side doors (4-door toyota tundra), or completely remove it (chevy avalanche), so you'd need some way to mount it to the head liner or to the metal frame/body just inside the head liner. i modified a striker plate for a household doorknob so it would stick down from the window frame but still have an opening for the lens to see through. it kinda blends into the dash/stereo in the first pic, but once you know that, the pic makes a lot more sense: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ch-100b-video-review.15063/#post-237707

Just watched some vision of Jokiins new Dual Cam .. Day and Night - Front and Rear for the first time

Wow ... I'd certainly be pretty chuffed having one of those .. excellent work there, jokiin.

Congrats and credit where due .. that's some pretty impressive gear, right there .. very nice.

appreciate the feedback however we still have a long way to go with firmware fine tuning, we have barely started any of the image quality related adjustments as yet

We're a week from the last week of the month. How are things progressing?

we have everything on hand and ready for production bar one final piece which still needs to go through a QA process, need that sorted before we can get it finished

SG9663DC Dual Channel Full HD 1080p Drive Recorder

The SG9663DC is a Dual Channel (Front and rear) drive recorder. FULL HD 1080P DashCam Video Security Car DVR Appliance. Super-Capacitor + Metal Lens Holder-Base means Extreme Temperature Resistance!

Novatek 96663 Processor, Sony Exmor R CMOS Sensor (front) and Sony Exmor CMOS Sensor (Rear), 7 element (6 glass + IR cut filter), IR cut, Medium-Wide horizontal resulting in a Crystal Clear Perfectly Focused Sharp Image!
Full HD 1080P at 30fps (both front & rear) @ 15Mbit/sec, H.264 Encoding MP4 format, GPS enabled.
Large pixel native 1080P sensor + WDR means GOOD Night performance. Clip on CPL, microSD Card, USB/OTG Android Card Reader & GPS Logger SGGPSWM Included! Support for microSD cards up to 256GB!
2.0-inch HD TFT screen. Ultra-Compact Glass Hugging Stealthy Install. Near Vertical Windows? No Problem, just use the included secondary thicker base plate stick on mount.
1 Year No Hassle Warranty

Specifications:

Processor: Novatek NT96663
Lens: 7 Element, Metal chassis, Glass lens, IR cut, medium wide horizontal viewing angle
CMOS sensor: Sony Exmor R (Front) Sony Exmor (Rear)
Video resolution: Full HD 1080P at 30fps @ 15Mbit/sec – both front & rear camera.
Video format: H.264 compression, MP4 format
LCD display: 2.0-inch HD TFT screen
Microphone: Built-in, on/off menu selectable
Speaker: Built in
Storage media: MicroSD card, Minimum 32GB Class10 recommended, 256GB maximum*
Gapless recording: Supported with 1 second overlap
Recording cycle: Menu selectable – 1 min/2min/3 min/5 min
Date stamped video: Supported
User selectable speed display: Supported
Custom user text: Supported
Motion detection: Supported
Soft shutdown: Supported, last file save and soft shutdown
Screen saver: Supported, menu selectable – 5 min, 3 min, 1 min, 30sec, 15sec
Night mode: Wide dynamic range (WDR)
Built-in G-sensor: Yes, with adjustable sensitivity
Incident file protect: Automatic by G-Sensor/Manual emergency by one touch button
GPS: Included (external)
Exposure compensation: Menu selectable -2.0 to 2.0
White balance: Auto
Language: English/Spanish/Russian/Portuguese/German/Italian/Japanese/French/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
Power supply: Fail-safe Super Capacitor
RTC (Real Time Clock): Supported
Dimensions Front (LxWxH): 85 x 52 x 35mm (excluding the bracket)
Unit Net Weight Front: 75g
Dimensions Rear (LxWxH): 50 x 52 x 25mm (excluding the bracket)
Unit Net Weight Rear: 35g
*Memory cards must be formatted in camera

@Jokin- a semi-off topic question so that I may learn something :rolleyes: Is there a lot of difference between Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese, and do you see the Traditional Chinese language fading away in time? Just curious ;)

Still replenishing the piggy bank here but it's looking like I'll be having one of these before too long :cool:
Phil

Apparently quite a bit of difference between simplified and traditional Chinese, if given the choice of only one for things like settings menus then we usually just choose traditional as it seems to better suit what's needed, technically we don't need it since we're not trying to sell into those markets anyway but leaving it in is more about making things easier for our staff in China, not all of them have a good enough grasp of technical terms in English

Either a suction cup for the glass or maybe a magnet for the roof. I'm sure I can work something out eventually, it would just be nice to have alternative mounting options provided.

That will be a nice temporary mounting solution. There are times when something temporary is desirable.
The same mount will work for a few other models we have coming, even though it's less appropriate for a dual channel model it made sense to make our mount compatible across as many models as possible

The same mount will work for a few other models we have coming, even though it's less appropriate for a dual channel model it made sense to make our mount compatible across as many models as possible
That makes sense, and provides more options for installation. Mounts are very important to me and the versatility is certainly welcomed.

I can say i am a good painter in Mexican, but anywhere they know what that mean they cant afford to hire me, or they can get Miguel for much less and he might be just as good.

Yo soy un pintor excelente,,,, i think,,, been a few decades since i worked with Miguel and he had to deal with me leeching on his native language.

any eta on preorder? sometime this month? or would it be next month?

We should be able to open pre-orders pending a final action item that has a variable attached. We will let everyone know as soon as possible. Stand by to stand by.

Back