That's great. Waiting for preorder @niko

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

In terms of PQ, any big difference between the front camera of SG9663DC and SG9665GC V3?

In terms of PQ, any big difference between the front camera of SG9663DC and SG9665GC V3?

The updated new front DC sensor has the potential to be tuned for higher performance. The rear DC sensor should be the same performance as GC I think. PQ tuning is in progress now and will be ongoing even after product launch.

The updated new front DC sensor has the potential to be tuned for higher performance. The rear DC sensor should be the same performance as GC I think. PQ tuning is in progress now and will be ongoing even after product launch.

mmm....decision decision.

A good class 10 / U1 will be just fine.
As i understand it the DC cameras will mostly come as bundles with either Samsung or the Trancend 400 X cards current cameras come with.

BUT ! it should also be possible to get a dashcam with no memory card, but then SG seller will make sure you intend to use something sensible anyway.

The bundles with memory cards i believe are not something that should add a extra prize to the camera.

What is the minimum and recommended SD speeds?
will U1 work or must it be U3?

I can get http://www.samsung.com/uk/memory-storage/evo-plus-microsd-card-with-sd-adapter-100/MB-MC256GAEU/ 128GB for 53€
Will a similar or the same be available as a package for less?

@niko handles EU/EEA Street Guardian sales. I'm sure he will have various card bundle offerings.

90 MB/s Write speed is plenty. 90MB (MegaBytes) = 720Mb (megabits)

Card is expressed in MB, video bitrate is expressed in Mb

@niko handles EU/EEA Street Guardian sales. I'm sure he will have various card bundle offerings.

90 MB/s Write speed is plenty. 90MB (MegaBytes) = 720Mb (megabits)

Card is expressed in MB, video bitrate is expressed in Mb
So a 10MB class 10 U1 card would work just fine?

So a 10MB class 10 U1 card would work just fine?

Bitrate should be about 15Mb per channel. That's 30Mb total.
10MB card = 80Mb (50Mb to spare is plenty for the recycling over head)
So yes

Long term stability/redundancy U3 is better though. (or High Endurance cards)

10 MB/s write speed on the memory card is close to what the DC will need, i think you should be able to find something with 15 - 20 MB/s write speeds.

I myself have lately been getting 128 Gb U3 cards, but they are Toshiba 2016 models and the cheapest U3 cards here in Denmark ( write speed i think are 30-40 MB/s which are slow for U3 class cards but still within the U3 specs )

2571047_54e5b2b27280.jpg

The regular Samsung evo+ have a write speed of 20 MB/s and thats also fine, but here its more expensive than the Toshiba U3 card.
2489798_183442b179ce.jpg

Last edited:
This is very good info, thanks. Will have to see what Niko offers before I decide to go with it or one without a card and get it local.

I have gotten many of my SD cards from Amazon in EU, it have been good even when some of them have failed.

You caught me, I worked 13 years at Hewlett Packard before becoming a dashcam entrepreneur. :)
I feel your pain. I work IT for an international corporate law firm. Sometimes I catch myself switching between normal English and "hoity-toity" English depending on who I'm talking to at work.

Back