just like our GC the power converter is not inside the plug so the included lead can be modified quite easily to use for hardwiring
Do you mean the one with hyperrectangle shape going with the cord?

yes, that wouldn't work
Couldnt understand the question but was the question/answer: if you wire via the Power Plus the future parking mode feature won't work?

Is parking mode now a consideration?

Couldnt understand the question but was the question/answer: if you wire via the Power Plus the future parking mode feature won't work?

Is parking mode now a consideration?

parking mode is a consideration, an external device like the power plus has no ability to switch modes on the camera like we can with our own solution

parking mode is a consideration, an external device like the power plus has no ability to switch modes on the camera like we can with our own solution
What is the hardwired solution for the DC and parking mode then?

ours can have the camera switch modes between parked and running, that function is not available using a third party power control unit
Is this the hardwired kit you mentioned previously that will come out at a later date?

And just when the DC is out the door and I was ready to pull the trigger, I'm back on the waiting line for the hardwired kit and parking mode :D

ours can have the camera switch modes between parked and running, that function is not available using a third party power control unit
For a 12V camera is easy to implement the parking mode because of battery voltage which is different when engine is running or car is parked.
For a 5V camera I imagine that the same idea can be used, but with a much small interval for the voltage :
1. Engine running -> 14V -> 5.2V - > Normal recording mode.
2. Car parked -> 13V -> 4.8V - > Parking Mode.

Another solution can be by using ACC and BAT and also the USB connector to have two +5V inputs.

enjoy,
Mtz

For a 12V camera is easy to implement the parking mode because of battery voltage which is different when engine is running or car is parked.
For a 5V camera I imagine that the same idea can be used, but with a much small interval for the voltage :
only crappy voltage regultors will do that voltage, good voltage regulators will output 5V no matter what voltage is being input to it within reason.

You didn't understand my idea at all. My voltage regulator is a fantastic voltage regulator, very precise, needed to work in that way just to be used by the camera in that way, to enable or disable the parking mode based on that „crappy voltage”.

enjoy,
Mtz

only crappy voltage regultors will do that voltage, good voltage regulators will output 5V no matter what voltage is being input to it within reason.
Arent we just talking about step down transformers? Or are regulators actually being used in dashcam power cords now?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

These are "switching mode power supplies" with a regulated output which is supposed to stay in spec over a wide range of input voltages."Step-down" transformers now see consumer use only in some high-current applications where the electronic components we have now can't handle the load.

Phil

it's not that simple, the power supply will give the same output voltage from about 9v through to 32v input, even for a 12v input camera this is not a reliable method

Another solution can be by using ACC and BAT and also the USB connector to have two +5V inputs.

this is our method, three wire power supply, there's no mistaking if the power is from a permanent or accessory source using this method which is why we can use it to switch functions in the camera

One of the benefits of the Power Plus is that you can turn it off completely at a switch if your car is parked in a safer location like your garage. Will the street guardan hardwire kit have something similar? Its not always beneficial to have parking mode always on

One of the benefits of the Power Plus is that you can turn it off completely at a switch if your car is parked in a safer location like your garage. Will the street guardan hardwire kit have something similar? Its not always beneficial to have parking mode always on

the camera has a power button, easy to turn off if not needed

Back