Can you not just tell us the price now?

US knows their price, Aus knows their price, but not EU. What’s the big secret
What is the actual US price?

(Edited)
If everything goes as planned (customs,currency rate etc.) I hope price will be 299GBP (+/-) incl. 64GB memory card and shipping.

Sent from my LG-H962 using Tapatalk

Awesome thank you Niko... (cheaper than I thought it was going to be)

I guess the difference will be determined on the currency and where you are, some countries are not in the trade agreement, etc. you can expect higher price than North America

I guess the difference will be determined on the currency and where you are, some countries are not in the trade agreement, etc. you can expect higher price than North America

people often make the mistake of just doing a currency conversion and assuming the price should be pretty close to that, for the EU for example it costs more to freight there, so you get the cost of goods, plus freight, the value is converted (conversion rates between the valuation and the rate you actually get are never the same), after that there's then a 23% tax (VAT) applied on the import, at this stage the landed cost is close to 40% higher than what they cost in the USA, unfortunately these are just basic costs and are nothing to do with trade agreements, we get it a bit lighter in Australia with a 10% tax (GST), some countries are a lot worse off than the EU though, eg Brazil, 60% tax on imports

@jokiin Is it possible to hardwire t-tapping hot and cold wire with at least 5V, 1.5A to the dashcam power supply? Technically, I think it works the same way we plug it in the cigarette lighter socket.

"at least" usually means "this much or more"... but that would be bad. it needs to be exactly 5vdc, and at least 1.5A. higher voltage will fry it.

"at least" usually means "this much or more"... but that would be bad. it needs to be exactly 5vdc, and at least 1.5A. higher voltage will fry it.

I think the power supply that comes with the cam works as a voltage converter and it's designed to be universal for every car's lighter socket. My car right now has 12V - 10A, so technically has 2.4 times voltage and ~7 times ampere. There's no warning from manufacturer about this and it has not fried my cam yet.

Just my opinion.

@jokiin Is it possible to hardwire t-tapping hot and cold wire with at least 5V, 1.5A to the dashcam power supply? Technically, I think it works the same way we plug it in the cigarette lighter socket.

just like our GC the power converter is not inside the plug so the included lead can be modified quite easily to use for hardwiring

I think the power supply that comes with the cam works as a voltage converter and it's designed to be universal for every car's lighter socket. My car right now has 12V - 10A, so technically has 2.4 times voltage and ~7 times ampere. There's no warning from manufacturer about this and it has not fried my cam yet.

Just my opinion.
Like jokin said below your comment the converter is inline so you can cut the end plug off and tap into 12v. Its actually 14.5volts when the car is on and 12.5 or so when its off. The converter has to compensate for that somehow.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Jokkin, Will I be losing some DC parking mode feature I am going to use Vicovation Power Plus to hardwire the SG9663DC? Would like to use the parking mode feature earlier, if possible. Thank you!

Back