Street Guardian SG9665GC version to compare to the Rexing V1

@Sunny, if I may ask, what vehicle do u drive? I have since wiped my lens (and cleaned the area around where the Rexing's lens focus from) & my daytime video looks much better. I do notice a lot of dash reflection going on and I believe that is the fault of the material of my car's dash. I wish Rexing offered a CPL lens for their dashcam but they said they don't have any.

Also, I drive an SUV and believe that might be plain a part at the how the light hits my dash and thus causing much glare. Also, pls can you post a nighttime shot or video if possible because my night time video is very grainy (a lot of noise is the video).

I still have the battery issue and will be taking that up w/ Rexing.

These are both top reviews (and so I didn't have to search hard to find them).

Thirdly, the Mobius form factor has nth on the wedge mounting mechanism of the Rexing or Street Guardian @jokiin offers. They both mount on the windshield directly and can easily be hidden from view.

If I had a motorcycle or wanted sth I could easily move from car to car (rentals), the Mobius would be a worthy contender.
Talking about mobius: I was trying to find a unsatisfied mobius owner, but I can't. I will try to find a issue with mobius, too. Seem too hard to do that. Then I buy and use it. I become a fan of this tiny cam.
PS: At this forums, there are a lot of fan of mobius. You can say anything about any dashcam, but say about mobius... well, it's clear you don't have one. :D

mobius.jpg

Mobius gets some criticism on the RC groups forum, I think their expectations for RC use is different though

I cant read all mobius thread at this forums. There are thousand pages at this thread. :eek::oops:

Last edited:
Talking about mobius: I was trying to find a unsatisfied mobius owner, but I can't. I will try to find a issue with mobius, too. Seem too hard to do that. Then I buy and use it. I become a fan of this tiny cam.
PS: At this forums, there are a lot of fan of mobius. You can say anything about any dashcam, but say about mobius... well, it's clear you don't have one. :D

As I told @russ331 , I didn't say the Mobius is a bad dash cam or sucks did I? If u read my comment -- which u quoted -- I stated that the Mobius' mounting in a vehicle isn't as stealthy as say the Rexing or Street Guardian SG9665GC wedge design. But I clearly stated the Mobius' smaller size allows for better portability and usage in in cases such as the helmet of a motorcyclist.

I haven't even watched a Mobius dashcam video yet so it would be ignorant for me to bad mouth it???

Case in point, check out this photo of the Rexing in my last vehicle.... Notice how it mounts directly on the dotted section and only the lens protrudes out.

Last edited:
... the Mobius' mounting in a vehicle isn't as stealthy as say the Rexing or Street Guardian SG9665GC wedge design.

The stealthiness of the Mobius installation depends on owner choice. Attach it to windscreen via suction cup & the discreetness is lost. Attach it to the headlining with 3M tape & it's invisible from outside ...

image.jpeg

Or integrate it within a sensor housing ...

image.jpeg

Or within the rear view mirror ...

image.jpeg

Mobius mounting options are limitless, for inspiration see ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

Last edited:
The mobius can at least be made as small as its lens, thats hard to say about just about any other camera.

BUT ! if you like me have your camera right up against the glass ( rear window ) then even a small Mobius or X camera is "large" when viewed from the lens end.
But this i am willing to argue is just as small if not smaller than the parts of my SG9665GC that can be seen under the dots on my windscreen.

The stealthiness of the Mobius installation depends on owner choice. Attach it to windscreen via suction cup & the discreetness is lost. Attach it to the headlining with 3M tape & it's invisible from outside ...
Mobius mounting options are limitless, for inspiration see ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

Those are definitely some stealthy installs. But ofcourse, this requires an "added" modification by the consumer. The Mobius by itself is still a tiny portable creation that serves its purpose.

But as @kamkar1 put it, when we are talking about strictly mounting flat against the angled windshield, even a small Mobius or X camera is "large" when viewed from the lens end.

The mobius can at least be made as small as its lens, thats hard to say about just about any other camera.

BUT ! if you like me have your camera right up against the glass ( rear window ) then even a small Mobius or X camera is "large" when viewed from the lens end.
But this i am willing to argue is just as small if not smaller than the parts of my SG9665GC that can be seen under the dots on my windscreen.

Rexing reached back to me after I contacted them about my battery issues and stated it wasn't the norm. They have shipped a new V1 dash cam -- free of charge -- and are paying for me to return my old one back for testing.

Can't complain about their customer service for a $100 dash cam now can I?:)

Last edited:
Rexing reached back to me after I contacted them about my battery issues and stated it wasn't the norm. They have shipped an me -- free of charge -- as new V1 dash cam and are paying for me to return my old one back for testing.

Can't complain about their customer service for a $100 dash cam cam now can I?:)
if you bought a mobius, you wont have a chance to return a faulty one and can't have chance for complain about customer service. Only one risk when you decide buy mobius, you can buy a fake one. :) Just buy in right place will be ok. :D

I have yet to see anyone seeing my camera back there, ppl just keep on ther phone and i have seen no one "finger" my camera.

But then again Danes is a blissfully ignorant people, we are pretty spammed in cameras allready here, so one more dont seem to be noticed.

if you bought a mobius, you wont have a chance to return a faulty one and can't have chance for complain about customer service. Only one risk when you decide buy mobius, you can buy a fake one. :) Just buy in right place will be ok. :D

Nice try...

But if revered pricey devices -- such as iPhones & Macbook Pros -- can be found faulty and thus need to be exchanged under warranty, then I shouldn't expect much less from a $100 dash cam...

Any electronic device can have issues during production. The key is how often such situations arise and ofcourse a company needs to minimize such occurrences (quality control).

Nice try...

But if revered pricey devices -- such as iPhones & Macbook Pros -- can be found faulty and thus need to be exchanged under warranty, then I shouldn't expect much less from a $100 dash cam...

Any electronic device can have issues during production. The key is how often such situations arise and ofcourse a company needs to minimize such occurrences (quality control).

it's impossible to catch every faulty unit regardless of how many checks and balances you put in place, Apple is the richest tech company in the world and they can't do it, the difference I see is when you do have problems how does it get handled, some are good, like Apple, and some are not so good

Back