Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

That is very interesting and useful but be aware that this DIY will make you loose the warranty. :D

That is very interesting and useful but be aware that this DIY will make you loose the warranty. :D
If u do open a main unit to re-solder and "extend" an existing led or do modifications to external parts, then it will void warranty.

Fibre optics can be attached to main unit led with some "clip-on" way, but its up to each person fantasy how to do this. I have some ideas but will see how they will work in real life.
Its same as u using a cover or clip on macro- or wide lenses for your mobile phone. If u do not open or damage / modify unit or its other accessories, then it will not void a warranty.

However every non-conventional "add-on" which are not provided by manufacturer should be taken as "act on your own risk".

I wish you good luck with the "clip-on" way since, as I wrote before, it is useful to know that the camera is recording without checking the hidden main unit of the camera.

Hello. On post #7 it is written that the main body has a micro-usb port to connect the remote lens. Is this meaning that a shorter (than the 6 meters one delivered with the camera) generic micro-usb to micro-usb cable can be used?.

Hello. On post #7 it is written that the main body has a micro-usb port to connect the remote lens. Is this meaning that a shorter (than the 6 meters one delivered with the camera) generic micro-usb to micro-usb cable can be used?.

The same rules as the X2 microUSB cable should apply for extensions.:

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...4-7-parking-mode-rec.6774/page-43#post-101731

"Make sure it's the standard one if anyone is ordering, and not the OTG cable which the seller also sells. They also sell a 6 inch one and should function as well but I haven't tested that cable. So as long as this is working, I won't need to redo my cables. http://www.amazon.com/gp/B00B5HSCW0 "

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and thanks for reply. I do not wish the extend the cable but to replace it with a shorter one. I think a 6 meters cable to connect the remote lens mounted on the from windshield to camera's main body placed, let's say in the glove box, is way to long.

Hello and thanks for reply. I do not wish the extend the cable but to replace it with a shorter one. I think a 6 meters cable to connect the remote lens mounted on the from windshield to camera's main body placed, let's say in the glove box, is way to long.

Ah yes, that's even easier. A standard non-OTB male/male microUSB cable should be just fine. We'll figure out what the best one is and add it to our sites as an accessory.

Hello again. Thanks, it is good to know that a standard cable can be used. And do not forget to consider as well a 90 degree angle adapter.

Standart cables is good, that alone give a little 1 up to any product :)

Hello, me again, with another question: since the X1 will be sold under Street Guardian brand (correct me if I'm wrong), will the package include an micro-sd card as other SG products do? Thanks!

I did fix a length of Fibre Optic cable over an LED light source and held it in place with a 'dob' of Blutac - only temporary mind you but it did the trick and lasted some weeks whilst the 'experiment' ran its course. might work in this situation...IF it can be securely attached of course.

Last edited:
Hello, me again, with another question: since the X1 will be sold under Street Guardian brand (correct me if I'm wrong), will the package include an micro-sd card as other SG products do? Thanks!

I have a stock built up of Street Guardian USB microSD card reader key chains, stickers, and microfiber bags so I'll be including them with all pre-orders. The nice printed retail cardboard sleeves won't be ready though for the first wave of orders.

Last edited:
Sounds great for US buyers! I hope that Niko has also a stock built up of the goodies.

Been waiting for something with a separate screen that you can hide somewhere. However, is the software different from X2, in terms of number of different settings (motion sensitivity, city, etc)? And will it support Russian language?

Was thinking of X2, but just noticed X1 today and looks exactly what I was looking for since X2 front camera is kinda big, will have to remove it at night to prevent break ins.

Been waiting for something with a separate screen that you can hide somewhere. However, is the software different from X2, in terms of number of different settings (motion sensitivity, city, etc)? And will it support Russian language?

Was thinking of X2, but just noticed X1 today and looks exactly what I was looking for since X2 front camera is kinda big, will have to remove it at night to prevent break ins.
GUI, menu interface and settings options are different from X2. You may see them on the first page of this thread.

The nice printed retail cardboard sleeves won't be ready though for the first wave of orders.
nooooooooooo, is there a cheaper rate because of this? that is the thing I look at the most when opening the package for 5 seconds then throw in the bin.

A few of my pre-orders people have bought two X1's to make their own Dual Channel solution. :)
If you want the BDP (Battery Discharge Prevention) that's built into the X2, you'll need to buy the MotoPark PANOBDP hard wire kit to achieve the same parking mode motion detection results.

Hello. Dashcam Proline PR-CR600G associated with the discussed in topic the prototype ? Videos and photos from this topic posted on the website proline-auto.ru. Proline argues that it is one and the same.
Proline has a relationship with the seller or the manufacturer Prototype?
Sorry, but I'm writing through an interpreter Google.
:)

Last edited:
Not sure there is always local market versions and other clones out there, never ending.

Good news my X1 shipment is finally showing movement, things were a bit clogged up over there for last minute pre-CNY holiday shipments. I should have a better estimated arrival time over the next day. Best case is Friday worst case is Monday/Tuesday.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a suggestion to make. Basically, the X1 uses the rear lens from X2 thus inherits the 6 m long cable. The main body camera of X1 is charged by using about 3 m long cable. Using the X1 mounted on the front windshield will lead to the problem of finding a place to hide the extra length of the two cables. A regular windshield mounted camera needs 3-4 m long cable to get powered.
Taking these in account, I think would be useful to have different lenghts of cables to choose from.

Back