Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

I was just wondering the version with radar detector, will that have some form of docking bracket for quick and easy removal / install ?
Allso the detector will it allso support laser detectors ??
I would not like to leave the box in plain view on top of the dashbord or on the windscreen ( where it need to be with a radar detector build in )

Dammit :rolleyes: i need to get a little lotto lucky tonight, Brians law is in full swing here ( witch state, the less mony you have the more stuff you like to buy )

I was just wondering the version with radar detector, will that have some form of docking bracket for quick and easy removal / install ?
I would not like to leave the box in plain view on top of the dashbord or on the windscreen ( where it need to be with a radar detector build in )

Dammit :rolleyes: i need to get a little lotto lucky tonight, Brians law is in full swing here ( witch state, the less mony you have the more stuff you like to buy )
Design will remain the same.

Radar detector supposed to be out at the beginning of next year in some stage. It is laser and radar detector, but not yet known exact technical specs and will it include EU Ku band and what level of "stealth", VG2 or higher, dont know yet ?. We will see.

don't forget the cost of a new car, you'll need to be able to break the speed limit to make use of the radar detector :p

LAMO :D

Ill have you know, with fresh rubber bands installed i can break the speed limit,,,,,,, on the bicycle path.

What make me nervous is its simmilarety to a GPS nav unit, and you can exchange one of those for a cuple of grams of weed on the black marked.

I dont know where in your country disk-holder is required to be, but here you may have it in any visible place. For sort of hide-away place I can swap it from left to right side and keep X1 behind it within my reach.
Its fairly stealthy from outside.
With small DIY by removing a "rounded" top shell, I can move X1 even closer into the "wedge" of windscreen-dash corner for maximum possible stealth on dash.

IMG_20141128_093150.jpg

What make me nervous is its simmilarety to a GPS nav unit, and you can exchange one of those for a cuple of grams of weed on the black marked.
I'll PM you my address :p

We dont have those, there is a fjew things thats allowed on the windscreen.
A parking clock set low in one corner to use on time limited p spots.
The payment RFID thingies for use on toll bridges.
There is allso the handicap signs, but they are just a sign to place on the dashbord indicating you are handicapped and okay for parking where you do.

The GPS nav units and phone holders witch most have stuck to the windscreen with a suction cup is all illigal, as is stuff hanging from the rearview mirror, even if its just a string or a thin wire.
Its just not a law the police or ppl in general bother to uphold.

The view out of the window must not be blocked, thats why most things on the window are placed at the very edge in a corner.

But as i said the X1 would fit fine in the small compartment on the center of my dashbord, i allso have my 7" tablet there when i use it as a nav unit, it wedge in between the lid and the dashbord and allmost look as if its a build in nav-unit.
nav.jpg

Only "drawbacks" i can se is the look like NAV unit, and the build in GPS antenna witch might not be able to "see" sattelites when installed under dash and maybe allso up high above the sun shade.
And the look like nav unit is only a drawback for some one like me who dont want to take the unit with me every time i park the car.

Otherwise this is gonna be cool :)

Last edited:
That's a great view - was that with the head mounted C3?

Yep C3 on Left side of my head.
It feature in my latest YT upload, just FF to 0:50

Got proof i am all english, allso when i am alone in my car ;) oonly when i have exaustad swearing in all other languages will i use Danish.

There would be some rude language if we did a road trip!

man this cam is cool, cant wait for a 2 channel one.

For a dual setup i would still prefer a "large" hide avay box with no screen and a remote GPS antenna, and maybe a remote LCD screen for the usioal setup and so on + button for event recordings.
If it where to be a slim case where the LCD is housed i think it could go many places in a car, personally i would most likely put the screen on my sun visor.

SSD for storage - a regular USB plug thats configured so that when you insert a thumb drive the dashcam dump the last 24 houres of footage onto the thumb drive, maybe the USB plug could be in same housing as LCD to facilitate easy access, and maybe the ammount of footage thats dumped to thumbdrive could be changed in settings.

For a dual setup i would still prefer a "large" hide avay box with no screen and a remote GPS antenna, and maybe a remote LCD screen for the usioal setup and so on + button for event recordings.
If it where to be a slim case where the LCD is housed i think it could go many places in a car, personally i would most likely put the screen on my sun visor.

SSD for storage - a regular USB plug thats configured so that when you insert a thumb drive the dashcam dump the last 24 houres of footage onto the thumb drive, maybe the USB plug could be in same housing as LCD to facilitate easy access, and maybe the ammount of footage thats dumped to thumbdrive could be changed in settings.

Add to this list wireless data transmission from camera(s) to central box so that only power cables would be required for each unit.

As someone that knows radar and radar detectors quite well, I would recommend keeping them separate. Otherwise you will get mediocre performance from a combined unit instead of top of the line performance from each component separately.
Radar is a black magic and very few manufacturers do it properly or well.

As someone that knows radar and radar detectors quite well, I would recommend keeping them separate. Otherwise you will get mediocre performance from a combined unit instead of top of the line performance from each component separately.
+1
Valentine One with Directional Indicator.

can someone upload some pictures of this X1 next to a credit card so we can see the size of it, both camera and box unit.
also, would be good to have a right angled connector at the camera instead of straight end.

The cameras are tiny, the box is an odd shape and probably smaller than it looks, screen is same size as Panorama models

this deserves another bump on the list here.

to much electronics inside a tiny box+heat+a slow cpu that cant keep up with processing tasks=a lot of false positives, errors, etc.

niche gimmick and i understand manufacturers need to crank out products to keep themselves relevant and make money, however this is something i would pass on. my opinion of course...:)

Back