Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

I'm pretty sure our first stock will only have GPS, no Radar. It will be a potential option, but need more testing/information first.
need to keep detector separate as a lot of countries ban radar detectors.

yeah they are banned here too, but the incompetent customs will proberly let 90 % if not all thru, especially if its shipped in a discreete parcel.
what interest customs here is the prize on the thing and shipping as thats what you get taxed by.
I am pretty sure if you parcel a real glock pistol in the packing for a glock soft air gun and put the invoice on the outside it would go strait thru customs, only problem would be antiterror mesures like explosive sniffing dogs / machines.

But maybe ebay will halt the buy, like they did when i first ordered my LK-7500, the deal got halted by ebay as its ( to them ) is iligal to import dashcams to Denmark.

Wrote ebay a letter saying Denmark is for sure a feked up country, but we are not yet N Korea feked up, and a dashcam or any other form of video recorder is okay to import to Denmark.

On the other hand we dont even need radar detectors here.
1. the police allways have speed mesurments in the same spots, so a nav unit that support speed cameras is all you need.
2. the police dont do like in american movies where 1 guy sit in his patrol car with a radar gun behind a roadside sign, here there is normally 1 guy manning the laser gun - 1 guy beside him calling in offenders on the radio, and then 2 or more ( usioally MC cops ) further down the road stopping the offenders and handing out tickets.

And then we have the photo VAN speedtraps, but as i said in #1 they are allways mesuring the same places ( 95% of times ) they only start to mesure new places if there have been complaints.
If your speedcam NAV unit dont warn you or you dont have one, oncomming traffic will most likely flash ther lights to warn you.

You can see such a van here, and notise the law dont apply to the police as the car is partly parked on a bicycle path.

On yet another hand i feel like radar detectors and dashcams dont go hand in hand ( unless you are in Russia it seem )
In my world ppl who have radar detectors have them to warn about speed traps as they break the law and drive too fast.
And a dashcam is there to proof you drive within the law, and capture the ppl who do not.

There are better DIY solutions on this forum than that ridiculous oversized solution...

( lens extension out of small camera body )

What on earth were they thinking in making something so bulky and then dreaming up impractical places to mount it ?

And then to suggest 4 of them dotted around the car --- LOL !!!

Rubbish !!!

For a dual setup i would still prefer a "large" hide avay box with no screen and a remote GPS antenna, and maybe a remote LCD screen for the usioal setup and so on + button for event recordings.
If it where to be a slim case where the LCD is housed i think it could go many places in a car, personally i would most likely put the screen on my sun visor.

SSD for storage - a regular USB plug thats configured so that when you insert a thumb drive the dashcam dump the last 24 houres of footage onto the thumb drive, maybe the USB plug could be in same housing as LCD to facilitate easy access, and maybe the ammount of footage thats dumped to thumbdrive could be changed in settings.

Yeah, there are many things that we are dreaming of how it should be done the right way. My dreams are HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
can someone upload some pictures of this X1 next to a credit card so we can see the size of it, both camera and box unit.
also, would be good to have a right angled connector at the camera instead of straight end.

You may find info about size HERE

You may find info about size HERE
yep got it, missed that one, didn't see the measurements there when I flicked through first time.

There are better DIY solutions on this forum than that ridiculous oversized solution...

yes, there are few of them, but NON of them allows pre-buffer recording while car is parked and motion detection sensitivity recording is way much better on X1" than on "others" ;)

What on earth were they thinking in making something so bulky

This is not to blame manufacturer, but to blame local "vendor or trading company" who ordered this unusual shape solution. Manufacturer produces what customer pays for. If you going to have 200K+ to invest into product development, you can dictate your design and specs. Other than that we have to just relay on what is out there.

And then to suggest 4 of them dotted around the car --- LOL !!!

This is up to individual person how many he buys and where he installs them. It was just my suggestion to show possible "hide-away" solutions, rest is up to individual choice.
There are no yet out there remote lens multichannel systems based on supercaps and with 27/7 parking pre-buffer recording. X1 is THE ONLY ONE at the moment which allows for geek person to build multi-channel remote-lens solution.
Yeah, its not the perfect shape ( I am also not impressed about it ), probably for some people not practical solution, but if there are no better out there, then there is a choice: "take it or leave it" ;)

Rubbish !!!

From built quality point of view, it's for sure NOT RUBBISH. Components, soldering, materials, - all are up to high standards, like most Korean and Taiwanese dashcams.
But yeah, from someone perception point of view it might be rubbish, if it doesn't "tick his boxes". Here I agree with you. As they say: "Some loves blonds, some brunettes" ;)

need to keep detector separate as a lot of countries ban radar detectors.

yeah, here in EU, most countries ban radar detectors, thats why there are few versions of X1, so each one can chose what he need.

Here is compilation of night video to show numberplates reading.
Within city I usually drive with DRL and some time fog lights ON. From 44sec to 1 min 30 sec I "start playing" with headlights ( ON / OFF ) to show how numberplates reading is affected by Xenon light reflection.

Nice.
Thank you Niko! [emoji106]

First time poster. I just registered because I just found out about the Panorama X1 and 2. I have been looking to buy a dashcam for a long, long time. A few days ago, I bought the Blackvue DR3500. Learning about the Panorama cameras though, I regret my purchase.

I'm so interested in the X1 and X2. More so in the X1 but two in one car. It's probably better than the X2. And you can use the rear X1 camera as a backing up (parking) camera. :p

A few question though.

The Panorama X series is from PowerUCC? I don't see these two cameras on their website.

Is there a European distributor/reseller?

Who are you @niko and what is your connection to the Panorama X1, X2 dashcams? :D

First time poster. I just registered because I just found out about the Panorama X1 and 2. I have been looking to buy a dashcam for a long, long time. A few days ago, I bought the Blackvue DR3500. Learning about the Panorama cameras though, I regret my purchase.

I'm so interested in the X1 and X2. More so in the X1 but two in one car. It's probably better than the X2. And you can use the rear X1 camera as a backing up (parking) camera. :p

A few question though.

The Panorama X series is from PowerUCC? I don't see these two cameras on their website.

Is there a European distributor/reseller?

Who are you @niko and what is your connection to the Panorama X1, X2 dashcams? :D
Maybe some answers to you questions ( @niko ) you will find from my "signature" ? ;)

You're a DIY'er, yes?. I thought a reseller/distributor.

Niko is nursing a severe dashcam addition for years, and as such he is highly regarded for his know how.

"From A to Z, ≈90-100 different dashcams, Low, Mid, High-End" to compete with that it will take a stack of mony and a lot of time :D

But you are right they are not good at keeping ther website updated, maybe ther twitter and facebook is better, i cant tell as i dont visit places like that.

Back