Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

I can live with it, not like your going to be watching the screen all the time while your driving any way.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, for those of you who already have an X1, how many of you masked the front LED on the camera unit? If you did, any suggestion on what is the best way to do this a side from using electrical tape? Would a sharpie be sufficient or should go get some paint?

the front LED is pretty dim unless you're somewhere in the country with no light pollution. however, I still painted a layer of black liquid electrical tape on it. very easy to peel off if needed.

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, for those of you who already have an X1, how many of you masked the front LED on the camera unit? If you did, any suggestion on what is the best way to do this a side from using electrical tape? Would a sharpie be sufficient or should go get some paint?

Anything permanent would void the warranty. The LED is pretty dim. It's on the future firmware enable/disable wishlist but no ETA.

the front LED is pretty dim unless you're somewhere in the country with no light pollution. however, I still painted a layer of black liquid electrical tape on it. very easy to peel off if needed.
I use a small strip of black electrical tape.

Ok thanks for the heads up. Will stick to tape and wait for the option to turn it off.

For over 1 moth I was testing in my car on daily-base driving a different adapters / extensions cables for Panorama X1 and X2 ( for main unit and camera unit ).
It was a little bit messy all this time driving around with bunch of hanging-wires, but for now job is done and I have finally cleaned up my car.

L-shape InCar Test (1).jpg

L-shape InCar Test (2).jpg L-shape InCar Test (4).jpg

L-shape InCar Test (5).jpg

L-shape InCar Test (6).jpg

L-shape InCar Test (7).jpg

lol true sign of a tester, the factory screen protector on the SG9665GC hasn't even been removed.

lol true sign of a tester, the factory screen protector on the SG9665GC hasn't even been removed.

Thats my permanent SG9665GC for everyday drivings. I don't even know why I did not remove protective film. It's only for transportation purpose not to get scratched a display during shipping, but I will keep it as long as it comes off by itself ;)

This is how adapter / extension video cables looks like on Panorama X1 / Street Guardian SGZC12RC.
Comparison of standard video cables vs adapters.

Using an adapters on camera unit, the overall "footprint view" to outside is minimal, which makes set-up more stealthy.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

b3.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c3.jpg

Thanks @niko: there are surely reducing the overall "footprint" view of the camera and the width of the space required to put in the main unit. I wish the producer will use right-angle connectors for the cables that come with the basic package.

Thanks @niko: there are surely reducing the overall "footprint" view of the camera and the width of the space required to put in the main unit. I wish the producer will use right-angle connectors for the cables that come with the basic package.
Its no problem to produce "any angle cables", - its all about min. quantity that cable manufacturers require. Usually quantities are 1-3K pcs to produce a special "angle cables".
I dont see a problem here, because all those aftermarket angle-cables I have in stock I specially tested over 1 month driving in my car to make sure they work flawlessly. No signal loss, no interference in my car, all are shielded ( will post more pictures soon about shielding inside those adapters ).

Hi Niko, you know that I highly appreciate your work and your commitment to provide high customers services.
I was only stating my wish that the manufacturer could do it better from the beginning and not waiting for a retailer to find and provide a solution for improving the product he is selling.

Hi Niko, you know that I highly appreciate your work and your commitment to provide high customers services.
I was only stating my wish that the manufacturer could do it better from the beginning and not waiting for a retailer to find and provide a solution for improving the product he is selling.
I know what you meant ;)
My "explanatory replay" was more to those people who might dont kbow how productional process works.

If to follow any popular product discussed on this forum, initially all of them have some minor flaws ( design, performance, accessories etc ), but thanks to forum members we always try to find a solutions to overcome those "flaws" and in most cases manufacturers has to rely on consumers opinions in order to improve their products.

Hey Niko, thanks for your work testing and pictures.

After about an hour of starring at web pictures I ordered the left angle extension for my unit when it arrives. (currently stuck at customs)

But your pictures of the right angle extension, is that really right angle? I saw a similar connector during my searches and I concluded that it was different (neither 90 left or right) as the cable runs perpendicular to the connector. A true right angle cable should but similar to the left angle one but just with the cable running in the opposite direction. (in this case down instead of up)

I dunno if my explanation makes sense or not.

All that said, would you agree that the left angle connector would result in the smallest installed cable footprint out of all options?

Its no problem to produce "any angle cables", - its all about min. quantity that cable manufacturers require. Usually quantities are 1-3K pcs to produce a special "angle cables".
I dont see a problem here, because all those aftermarket angle-cables I have in stock I specially tested over 1 month driving in my car to make sure they work flawlessly. No signal loss, no interference in my car, all are shielded ( will post more pictures soon about shielding inside those adapters ).

As promised, below are pictures of "stripped" cables I have "sacrificed" to see they all have a shielding.

Shielded (1).jpg

Shielded (2).jpg

Shielded (3).jpg

Shielded (4).jpg

Shielded (5).jpg

Shielded (6).jpg

Hey Niko, thanks for your work testing and pictures.

After about an hour of starring at web pictures I ordered the left angle extension for my unit when it arrives. (currently stuck at customs)

But your pictures of the right angle extension, is that really right angle? I saw a similar connector during my searches and I concluded that it was different (neither 90 left or right) as the cable runs perpendicular to the connector. A true right angle cable should but similar to the left angle one but just with the cable running in the opposite direction. (in this case down instead of up)

I dunno if my explanation makes sense or not.

All that said, would you agree that the left angle connector would result in the smallest installed cable footprint out of all options?

The name of the direction of the microusb plug is determined following way:
If you take microusb plug and insert into device the way "locking teeth" are faced up, then from there you will be able to determine which way plug is facing. If to the left, then its left angle, if to the right, then its right angle, if down, then its down angle.
Hope you understand what I mean ?

Lowest "footprint" to outside leaves "down angle" connector type, because it's cable facing 180 degree opposite direction from the camera when plugged in. Left angle connector "running up" and has more footprint. But we talk here about truly marginal "footprints" if judging by looking from outside ( lets say 5-6 metre away from the car ), - you will not see a big difference.
I started offering different angle adapters, because not in all cars you can use only left angle, some set-up requires down angle connector and left angle would not fit. Its all depend on individual set-up approach.

that's interesting, I see your point now about the down direction and from outside view.

I guess the left or right is a more best of both worlds option if possible to install, as it a lower footprint than the straight connector from the outside, but still lays flat with the windshield. For absolute smallest outside footprint the down connector is best.

Now I wonder...is anyone going to try a direct wire DIY? :D

The name of the direction of the microusb plug is determined following way:
If you take microusb plug and insert into device the way "locking teeth" are faced up, then from there you will be able to determine which way plug is facing. If to the left, then its left angle, if to the right, then its right angle, if down, then its down angle.
Hope you understand what I mean ?

Lowest "footprint" to outside leaves "down angle" connector type, because it's cable facing 180 degree opposite direction from the camera when plugged in. Left angle connector "running up" and has more footprint. But we talk here about truly marginal "footprints" if judging by looking from outside ( lets say 5-6 metre away from the car ), - you will not see a big difference.
I started offering different angle adapters, because not in all cars you can use only left angle, some set-up requires down angle connector and left angle would not fit. Its all depend on individual set-up approach.

that's interesting, I see your point now about the down direction and from outside view.

I guess the left or right is a more best of both worlds option if possible to install, as it a lower footprint than the straight connector from the outside, but still lays flat with the windshield. For absolute smallest outside footprint the down connector is best.

Now I wonder...is anyone going to try a direct wire DIY? :D

Right angle will take cable coming in down direction out from camera and I am not sure if someone want that solution.
Best is down direction or left angle, depending on how and where do you mount it. For some cars both ( left angle and down direction ) are OK, for some cars only down direction would suit.

Back