Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

Got the cam installed today on the windshield (very stealthy!) and uploading a standard youtube resolution vid, but the attached screenshot shows the clarity of the cam on a somewhat cloudy day. More install shots later. Note: Dublin's finest in the background.

panoramx1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some interior install shots. I mounted it so the cam would be just the shade and during the day you have to look real hard to see it. I would have taken an exterior shot but with the cloudy day, it was all reflections. Next time.

I used a plastic OEM Subaru telescopic mirror cable cover and modified it a bit to hide the L-shaped micro USB cable. Looks like it came from the factory :).

The remote unit is in a cubby below my stereo, hardwired to my fuse box with the power cut-off switch. Like I said before, if the screen could be rotated upside down, I would have mounted it to the underside of the cubby. I'm not 100% satisfied with this, so might try to think of something better.

When I bought this camera, this is the stealth level I was looking for my install, so very pleased. Thanks to Pier28 and Niko for their assistance. So, when's the first firmware update? Heh heh

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Here's some interior install shots. I mounted it so the cam would be just the shade and during the day you have to look real hard to see it. I would have taken an exterior shot but with the cloudy day, it was all reflections. Next time.

I used a plastic OEM Subaru telescopic mirror cable cover and modified it a bit to hide the L-shaped micro USB cable. Looks like it came from the factory :).

The remote unit is in a cubby below my stereo, hardwired to my fuse box with the power cut-off switch. Like I said before, if the screen could be rotated upside down, I would have mounted it to the underside of the cubby. I'm not 100% satisfied with this, so might try to think of something better.

When I bought this camera, this is the stealth level I was looking for my install, so very pleased. Thanks to Pier28 and Niko for their assistance. So, when's the first firmware update? Heh heh

View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633 View attachment 12634

Mirror cable cover makes it even more neat install. Good job !

View attachment 12632 View attachment 12633 View attachment 12634
Looking very nice, you definitely took your time.

fantastic install. im getting the cable you linked, tomorrow. thanks again!

A very neat installation and I do like the use of the 'shade band' to disguise the camera, an excellent job:cool:

It would IMO be a useful 'add on' if posts on the installation of the chosen device included the make/model of their motor, useful to those who just might be contemplating a DIY job on the same marque.

Luck had nothing to do with it. Just did my research!

We have a saying: who searches always finds ( кто ищет, тот всегда найдет )

So what is the best streaming site to upload a vid without losing resolution? Does it exist?

all streaming sites will offer a re-encoded version for streaming, just upload files to a file share and have people download is better if you want to share original footage and maintain quality

Google drive or MEGA is popular.
what ever cloud storage microsoft have will proberly allso work, just make sure the file you upload can be shared with all that have the link for it.
Google default to private settings, but you can change that so all with the link can DL the file.

I really like mega.co.nz . Very good traffic and free 50Gb space.

If you have your own domain name with unlimited emails then potentially you could sign up for multiple accounts with all of them.

Not like I do that....... ;)

Back