Street Guardian SGZC12RC Remote Lens, Sony Exmor IMX322, WDR

we each have different ideas about what makes a good product, some people like Apple, some people like Android, some couldn't care less and don't know what all the fuss is about, it's why we have choices and choice is always a good thing
Except in a restaurant. I can't deal with too much choice there [emoji13]

Hello team,

Now, that lens issues has been addressed, my outstanding concern is a firmware bug that keeps triggering on me.
I use SD extender cable for easy access to the memory card, however, when the main unit is powered up while SD card is not in the extender - the main unit cannot recognize the card and warns to format the card. That is expected. What is NOT expected - is that unit stops responding on any controls and the only way to get it back to normal is to unplug the power cable.
Appreciate if firmware experts could have this bug on the list for the next release. Where is our bug list, BTW?
Thank you

not sure if I'd call that a bug. it's not made to function without a working SD card. I've had that occur only when I was attempting to use a card that I later found was faulty. while I find it annoying to open up my fuse box door, at least I know how to fix it should it occur again.

not sure if I'd call that a bug. it's not made to function without a working SD card. I've had that occur only when I was attempting to use a card that I later found was faulty. while I find it annoying to open up my fuse box door, at least I know how to fix it should it occur again.

yeah I'm not so sure it's a bug either but rather a consequence of using it in ways not intended or accommodated for, you could pull power from the main unit rather than trying to get to the other end

Hello Jokiin,

No, when there is nothing in the actual SD slot - it works fine.
The bug with no controls occurs in these scenarios (on my experience):
1) When SD card actually got corrupted (happened twice on different units before I started using extenders)
2) When using SD extender without SD card in it

More about the bug itself:
The video from the lens is shown on the screen just fine. Touch screen lights up when touched.
But power button or any menu on the touch screen are not responding.

yeah I'm not sure we can do anything about it not responding when you have the extender in but no card, easiest just to power off and put the card in I guess

now that I think about it, when my SD card corrupted the other day the unit seemed to lock up, wouldn't respond to anything, just sat there with card full on the scree and I was holding the power button down and unit wouldn't turn off. ended up having to pull power plug.

now that I think about it, when my SD card corrupted the other day the unit seemed to lock up, wouldn't respond to anything, just sat there with card full on the scree and I was holding the power button down and unit wouldn't turn off. ended up having to pull power plug.

I think in the case of a hard lockup that's going to be the expected result

Just as what wozzzzza said is what is happening to me.
It may sound like unplug power cable is easy to do, but when your units are mounted underneath side by side to each other - disconnecting the power is not a trivial task.

I don't know what you mean that that is expected result. The unit still shows live video! so it is not in the hard lockup you are advertising.
I don't recall any other dashcam has been behaving this way when SD card is corrupted / not formatted/ etc. I used to see units are responsive and even proposing to format the card.
Our firmware has a bug.

if the recording locks up it may still show video but it has crashed the O/S, in the case @wozzzzza mentions the lockup is a bug, we are looking at firmware right now

in your case where you're using an adapter and find it locks up with no card in the adapter I can't promise we can address that

Hello Jokiin,

Thank you for looking into the firmware for this bug. I hope both scenarios of lockup triggered by same bug, so if you address the one that wozzzzza mentioned (same as my scenario 1) - then it should contribute to the scenario with adapter. Hopefully. I know adapter is not a mainstream, so I don't have an expectation you focus purely for it, so no promises needed.

Hello Jokiin,

Thank you for looking into the firmware for this bug. I hope both scenarios of lockup triggered by same bug, so if you address the one that wozzzzza mentioned (same as my scenario 1) - then it should contribute to the scenario with adapter. Hopefully. I know adapter is not a mainstream, so I don't have an expectation you focus purely for it, so no promises needed.

if it is then it will address both, not sure yet but we are looking at it

would be a hard one to find as it appears to rarely happens.

Is there a repository for the firmware builds for the SGZC12RC? I couldn't find one though references throughout this thread (yes I read all 38 pages) suggest there have been a few versions since the prototype?

Also since Coach 12P is EOL, what is SG's software roadmap for firmware updates since the SOC is not current?

Currently assessing this product for car on order.

Last edited:
Is there a repository for the firmware builds for the SGZC12RC? I couldn't find one though references throughout this thread (yes I read all 38 pages) suggest there have been a few versions since the prototype.

There is only the original release firmware that shipped with your RC at this time. There is nothing to update to yet. When/Where did you buy your unit? Which feature are you looking for that's not available today?

There is only the original release firmware that shipped with your RC at this time. There is nothing to update to yet. When/Where did you buy your unit? Which feature are you looking for that's not available today?

I have not purchased yet, still researching. Just curious as to the s/w roadmap to assess what level of resources/effort are going into the builds. What features/bug fixes are coming and when?

I'm assessing a 4 channel system using 4 x SGZC12RC backed by multiple Cellink B 2.0. (I ruled out Lukas so far based on poor video bit rates/quality.)

Does anybody know the runtime of a SGZC12RC with a Cellink B? Want to determine how many Cellink B+expansion packs I should need. I asked in the other thread what the power consumption is to try and get an idea but no answer yet.

Is 128GB a hard limit for the unit, or is that just the QA tested maximum but can go higher?

Thanks for any assistance.

never tried a Cellink B so no idea how it would work, given how expensive they are (and if your vehicle allows) adding a deep cycle battery and dual battery isolator might be more cost effective and a better solution, that doesn't work for everyone though

128gb is as high as we've tested, only recently has anything larger come on the market, it may work but not something we've tried, in general though 64gb or less means you can get MLC memory which is better suited to this task

we're doing some revisions to the product right now so by the time you purchase it will be an updated version

Back