Street Guardian SGZC12SG built-in-GPS & NEW Capacitive Smart-Touch Screen

Hi,

Really basic question. I am probably going to order this camera when you get it back in stock. As I review all the sample videos (other cameras too) they all appear with "fish eye" recording. Can this be "user" settable to not record in fish eye?

Thanks! Marcus

Hi,

Really basic question. I am probably going to order this camera when you get it back in stock. As I review all the sample videos (other cameras too) they all appear with "fish eye" recording. Can this be "user" settable to not record in fish eye?

Thanks! Marcus

Nope, the lens is what gives it the wide field of view.

can be corrected in post processing if it's an issue, reality is though it's a dashcam, you're not going to get an academy award for cinematography, that's not the product's intended purpose

i work with GOPROs all the time (the Emmys, The Grammys, and other award shows use these on the red carpet--ask me how i know ;) ) and use this program:

http://www.prodad.com/home/products/video_optimization/300546449,l-us.html

works very well but it does chop off some of the footage. I agree with @jokiin , the dashcam serves a purpose and not to lens the next big budget feature....

Good to know thanks, I thought Cyberlink Power Director (my editor of choice) might have Fisheye Correction but apparently not. All my research points to Prodrenalin (the link you provided)

GoPro has a fisheye adjustment feature in their software also http://shop.gopro.com/APAC/softwareandapp/gopro-studio-edit-software/GoPro-Studio.html#/start=1

Their software works with other cameras also so worth a look, maybe not as good as the professional program above but the price is right (free) :)

There you go even better :)

there's actually some simple but effective editing tools available in the GoPro software that gives you some nice options for working with the videos, pretty easy to use also

here's a before and after through one of their filters, difference is obvious

Cineform.jpg

Cineform_Protune.jpg

there's actually some simple but effective editing tools available in the GoPro software that gives you some nice options for working with the videos, pretty easy to use also

here's a before and after through one of their filters, difference is obvious

Cineform.jpg

Cineform_Protune.jpg

This very helpful FishEye Removal tip deserves it's own thread for sure in the https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/forums/managing-videos.22/
(if it's not already there)

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
The only real differences are that the G has the GPS unit built in, has a better type of touchscreen, uses a different mount type and uses a different firmware.

@Pier28 would be able to let you know anything else :)

What memory card did you get for yours? I was looking at PNY 128gb sdxc class10, but there are many other brands. I only recognize pny because of their pc ram.

What memory card did you get for yours? I was looking at PNY 128gb sdxc class10, but there are many other brands. I only recognize pny because of their pc ram.

PNY seems to be the current low price leader, and I've had several positive reports from valued forum members chime in that PNY is ok. (so we are looking to stock PNY soon)
Our current favorite is Transcend.
Just make sure you get a FULL size SD card and not a microSD + SD adapter.

Last edited:
what am i not a valued forum member? :rolleyes: does my experience not count?

@Trypt i exclusively use Sandisk. I have three cams (from a cheap 30 dollar one to this 200 dollar G) in the ride and they all use sandisk. they run 24/7. to date, ive no issues with them. lots of folks on here want to bash sandisk on a few members' experience, however i have had nothing but 100% consistency in them. I use the 128gb card in the G.

i value long term reliability and customer service, and Sandisk is the leader in both.

what am i not a valued forum member? :rolleyes: does my experience not count?

@Trypt i exclusively use Sandisk. I have three cams (from a cheap 30 dollar one to this 200 dollar G) in the ride and they all use sandisk. they run 24/7. to date, ive no issues with them. lots of folks on here want to bash sandisk on a few members' experience, however i have had nothing but 100% consistency in them. I use the 128gb card in the G.

i value long term reliability and customer service, and Sandisk is the leader in both.

not to take away from your experience but Sungmoon Jang the developer of the Panorama product has advised against using Sandisk cards in his cameras as the controller chipset they use is problematic for the camera, likewise I've also used Sandisk cards in the Panorama cameras and they haven't failed on me but if the dev says to avoid them I'd tend to follow that advice and just use something else

Back