T130 often not turns on, making coil whine noises

Sci666

Reaction score
Country
Germany
My brand new T130 does sometimes not power on if i start the car.
Wired with normal cigarette lighter cable.

if i turn ignition on, camera stays dead but it starts to whine - no LED - no Starting Sound, nothing, just kind of Coil whine noises - clearly audible ! - no reaction if i push buttons.

last time i have to replug the power adapter 5 times and then the camera starts with the starting sound, LEDs comes up and everything works normal.

i think theres a hardware defect, maybe a capacitor issue ? does anybody had the same issues ?

i use this SD Card: https://www.amazon.de/gp/B09D3P5LYNSamsung EVO 256GB

Very best

if i turn ignition on, camera stays dead but it starts to whine - no LED - no Starting Sound, nothing, just kind of Coil whine noises - clearly audible ! - no reaction if i push buttons.

last time i have to replug the power adapter 5 times and then the camera starts with the starting sound, LEDs comes up and everything works normal.

i think theres a hardware defect, maybe a capacitor issue ? does anybody had the same issues ?

Very best
Could you describe what you mean when you say "wired with normal cigarette lighter cable"?

Do you mean you are using the supplied Viofo cigarette power adapter?

It may need the power adaptor that came with it, not any old Viofo power adaptor from a previous camera, being 3 channel it requires a fair amount of power.

You could try it with the rear camera disconnected, if it then works OK, it is likely to be a power supply issue rather than a camera issue.

Very best
Ensure you use the original 12V cigarette light adapter that came with the T130 and if that still doesn't work then it might be an issue with your actual cars cigarette light adapter.

If you have another device that uses the cigarette light adapter also check that works properly, that way can isolate whether it's an issue with your car or the dash cam itself

Very best
Try plugging the power adapter into the cigarette lighter while the engine is running.
The problem may be due to low voltage in the vehicle network after idle time.
The memory card I used with my T130 is this:
There were no problems. True, the T130 was connected via HK3-C.

thanks for the replies.
of course it is the original power adapter of the cam :D why i should use any other ?? ;)
every other devices work as they should with the lighter plug. Mobile Charger or any other things.
its no problem with low voltage while engine is not running. problem is the same with engine running or not.

Rear camera is not installed. only the front one with the integrated interieur cam.
memory card i can try . but i see no relation between incompatible sd card and not booting of the cam ... i would understand if the dashcam starts but refuses to record any video ....

i dont want to deal with the chinese support ... i bought it on amazon so i would just send it back and order another one ....

i am not sure if i got a retoure dashcam from amazon, because there was some marks in the packaging but all accessories was untouched maybe somebody swapped out just the cam because it was faulty ?!

i dont want to deal with the chinese support ... i bought it on amazon so i would just send it back and order another one ....
In vain. The manufacturer always does everything possible to solve the problem.

In vain. The manufacturer always does everything possible to solve the problem.
yes - maybe, but it will take much longer as the retouring process by amazon.

i hoped that anybody knows this issue with the whining noises --- but seems not. i will let you know what happened when i install the new one.

i hoped that anybody knows this issue with the whining noises --- but seems not. i will let you know what happened when i install the new one.
Definitely sounds like the camera is ****ed. Viofo is usually very very good with their warranty and product support so give them a go if Amazon doesn't come through with the goods

The noise is probably the voltage regulator, having difficulty with the supplied power.
Can you try powering it from a phone charger or USB powerbank, if it still doesn't work then it needs to go back, but you may find that it works OK, in which case it is the adaptor or power cable that is the problem.

:D why i should use any other ?? ;)

It is part of getting information to help.
Sometimes the usb port that is fitted to the car is used but is not powerful enough.

I have no modern nonsense like usb plugs in my car looool.

So good news. New camera works as it should. So there was definitiv some internal powering defect within the dashcam

I have no modern nonsense like usb plugs in my car looool.

So good news. New camera works as it should. So there was definitiv some internal powering defect within the dashcam
Glad to hear it's all working now

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G T130 0
C T130 1
Karagandinez T130 29
DJFroggy T130 10
C T130 3
Back