T130 received

Yeah, i wanted to take a screen dump on my phone while in the viofo APP, but that is not possible so i will have to write down firmware versions.

EDIT: maybe use the screen recorder ( video )

Here's some from my morning drive. No CPL's, default settings except bitrate set to maximum and file length to 1 minute.
T130 on top, start at 0:00, A139 in middle, start at 0:10, Garmin Mini2 third, start at 0:03

RAW FILE
RAW FILE
RAW FILE

Phil

Last edited:
Reactions: EGS
Here's some from my morning drive. No CPL's, default settings except bitrate set to maximum and file length to 1 minute.
T130 on top, start at 0:00, A139 in middle, start at 0:10, Garmin Mini2 third, start at 0:03

RAW FILE
RAW FILE
RAW FILE

Phil
Which one do you favor as for picture quality?

Which one do you favor as for picture quality?
Actually I think the A139 is better. But it bears remembering that we've just started on testing and tweaking the T130 while the A139 has been almost fully developed already, so that situation may change. Either looks better than the 1080p Mini2 as you'd expect, but I wanted that in here so the general public could see for themselves what the difference is. I'll compare the Viofo's with their 57 @1440p in future vids.

Phil

A139 seems to be superior...I can see individual blades of grass on the A139 video vs just a blurred green patch of grass on the T130.
The grass on the T130 seems more "green" and has excessive saturation (similar to what I see on Samsung Galaxy phones default color gamut to make their phones pop-out more with excessive bluish tint, more vivid, and attraction).

Head 2 Head T130 Vs A139 - 50 / 50 split footage.

Same as above here too.
On the T130, Red looks unusually more red, and green looks unusually more green. Less details on the trees, shrubs, and brushes. That red building was ridiculously red.
On the A139, I can again see more details such as individual leaves on brushes, shrubs, and trees. More natural colors.

@kamkar Do you see any significant difference in details between front T130 at max 1440p/30fps (28.5Mbps) and A139 (23.5Mbps)?
T130 has a higher maximum bitrate than A139 at the same resolution settings, using the same sensor, and still looks worse.
Yeah, I know it's still early beta so there's definitely an opportunity to improve quality before public release to bring the front cam up to A139 quality since it's the same front cam sensor.

The rear camera in the same place but just the latter part of the string of oncoming cars, as it can be seen the lower resolution and lower bitrate, so make the camera struggle when adding a little foliage along the road, not so much motion blur in this video.

Would like to see a comparison of the rear cam side by side of both if you can test since this is the hardware that is different (IMX291 vs IMX307).

I will be making that too, just not today, have to go be there for my friend the next 2 days casting some concrete.
Worst part is 0 sleep tonight with the alarm set to 10:00 and at 09:00 when i was just about fallen asleep my old mom called cuz once again she have forgotten i visit her tomorrow as always.

And make the firmware open source so we can make our own cloud-based solution and cool features

Do you know if it is possible to turn this camera off manually once it goes in to parking mode? Or is it meant to behave this way to prevent anyone from powering off while the vehicle is occupied from someone else other than the ignition key holder (owner)?

I don't need parking mode when my car is sitting in my garage and want to avoid unnecessary battery consumption as well as memory space usage while the vehicle is sitting here. I have tried pushing the power button after the camera has entered parking mode but it won't power off.

Obviously I could do it by pressing and holding the button just befo it goes in to parking mode but that is kind of pain in the but hole having to remember to do it every time I park at home.

Geofencing solution would be nice to have.

I have not tested that as i dont have it hard wired yet, but i could test that if it is urgent info you need, just have to yank the power plug from the A139 and move it to the T130.

IMG_20210902_152323.jpg

I have not tested that as i dont have it hard wired yet, but i could test that if it is urgent info you need, just have to yank the power plug from the A139 and move it to the T130.

View attachment 58032
That's not urgent at all. I was just curious to know if you have attempted to turn it off in the same manner before.

I have a sneaky feeling it might be programmed like the A139, so if you have powered off the car and the camera changed to parking guard your only option is to pull the plug,,,,,, which also work just fine for me, but pretty much every time i forget to put the damn plug back , and so miss some driving on that camera.

Reactions: EGS
I did pull the plug a couple of times but don't want to continue doing that as it will be easy to forget to plug it back in when the next road run comes.

Maybe @viofo could possibly add a geofenncing feature for those that don't see it necessary having the camera recording while the vehicle is mostly protected at home. If the hardware supports it.

yeah i just use 1 hour parking guard, as at home i have a CCTV camera zoomed in on my car.
And also i dont really feel for doing any longer duration's elsewhere as i dont go very many places where i would feel that would be needed.
But i have a 12-2 V cut off set and it is fast to increase the parking guard duration with a few clicks.

Do you know if it is possible to turn this camera off manually once it goes in to parking mode?
I'm on the FW mine came with, and in parking mode no buttons respond to presses short or long. My guess is that this FW is an extension/revision of something from the A139 which did this by intent. Another guess is that this will change with the T130 eventually as such 'security' isn't needed with this cam ;)

Phil

Also no FW changes here, still forgetting to jog down what is on it as i can not take a screen grab in APP
Yes this seem 100% consumer camera, so no need to have any buttons locked down.
I will see if i can remember to get the FW version tomorrow.

I'm on the FW mine came with, and in parking mode no buttons respond to presses short or long. My guess is that this FW is an extension/revision of something from the A139 which did this by intent. Another guess is that this will change with the T130 eventually as such 'security' isn't needed with this cam ;)

Phil
I’ve found the same thing and thought it was an error but reading the T139 thread I see it might have been on purpose.
How do you enable wi-fi if it has gone into parking mode? Unplug the power?

I thought mine was doing something similar, but I had a cellink battery b running off a 12v splitter hub, since I plugged the battery straight to the main 12v socket it has been running fine.

But my battery charging cable has been getting super hot and can't figure out why, even in my truck.

Does the auto event parking mode use buffered recording? I am happy to see there is a parking timer at launch.

I thought mine was doing something similar, but I had a cellink battery b running off a 12v splitter hub, since I plugged the battery straight to the main 12v socket it has been running fine.

But my battery charging cable has been getting super hot and can't figure out why, even in my truck.
Wiring only gets hot when it is carrying more current than it's capable of safely doing. I hope you've got that fused appropriately for the gauge of the charging wire- if not you'd better do that or at least rectify the over-current condition. Car fires ain't any fun at all :cry:
Does the auto event parking mode use buffered recording? I am happy to see there is a parking timer at launch.
Haven't checked that but almost certainly will, being that this happens with the 'parent' A139 which the T130 seems to be closely following.

Phil

Back