T130 received

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Okay i got the camera installed today, or that is the front main body and the 2 cameras in it.
And i have run into problems already. :(

Last night running static testing on the table, the camera stopped recording, then do 4-5 beeps, and then give the startup announcement and keep recording.
The camera did the same today on my drive home, so the A139 is at hand as reference / evidence camera.

As this is happening you can also see some " digital noise / blocking going on in the bottom part of the front camera feed, this is not present in the cabin camera, even if i am using the middle 50 % of the 2 cameras here you can see the issue in the T130 feed right at the start in the video.
I have so far only looked thru a few of the other filed from before the camera reboot, but i have not seen any of that digital noise in any of those files, so it is probably pertaining to the reboot, it is before the event and the T130 reboot, after the reboot the T130 footage are fine again.

There is no card error MSG or anything the T130 just seem to reboot beep 4 -5 times as you can hear / see in the screen shot from my edit software, and then start to record and of course announce 2 channels are recording.
When it happned last night it was after several hours of recording ( 3 at least ) when it happned today i had only been driving for 40 - 45 min and with 3-4 hours pause at our dinner.

The memory card used on this drive and static testing last night was a Sandisk high endurance 128 GB.

I haven't yet conducted a decent road drive testing due to some lack of time. When I do, will see if mine does the same. However, I would like to test the entire system at once but unfortunately the rear camera I received is not working for some reason causing the main unit to reboot over and over until I unplug the rear channel and then it goes back to normal recording on two channels.

That might be a cable issue, try and jiggle it a bit to see if that make any change.

I also have a wifi issue, assuming the app is the same as i usewith the A139, i am thrown off after a short while and then reconnecting again is not possible.
There is a on screen MSG saying something like not able to connect to ( ip address if camera i assume )

I will try and get some footage of that tomorrow and some phone screen dumps for spice.
I have been able to connect to the camera last night, so unsure why it act up today, maybe due to today i tried to let the wifi be on, i actually wanted to have it on for my +30 minute to my sisters place, but i did not get that far.

I will also try another memory card for my drive tomorrow, my genuine 128 GB Viofo memory card.
Will also get the rear camera connected tomorrow.

i actually wanted to have it on for my +30 minute to my sisters place, but i did not get that far.
On early versions of firmware, I had some issues with recording stopping when or after using the Wi-fi, but it has been working fine with Wi-fi left off from boot. Maybe needs more testing, but mine is a bit different for the Wi-fi so I didn’t bother looking very hard.

That might be a cable issue, try and jiggle it a bit to see if that make any change
I have tried that as well as reversing the ends.

Last night running static testing on the table, the camera stopped recording, then do 4-5 beeps, and then give the startup announcement and keep recording.
The camera did the same today on my drive home, so the A139 is at hand as reference / evidence camera.
All the same, this is very similar to problems with a memory card.

Not much use on this card, but yes still a possibility, that is also why i change card for my testing tomorrow, and then i will run the Sandisk card over with some test software.
The events i have had so far are random, which i also think correlate fine with a memory card issue.

I am still wondering why the camera dident warn about a card issue, sadly i have forgotten to keep a dead memory card for testing if there is a functioning card error warning in a system ( micro SD cards are good airgun targets at 50 - 100 meters )

Using a digital Multimeter.

English is not my language. I use Google Translate.;)
I do have a multimeter but testing leads aren't small enough to test pin by pin inside the USB-C opening if that's what you are referring to...

do have a multimeter but testing leads aren't small enough to test pin by pin inside the USB-C opening if that's what you are referring to...
Yes, I meant it.
To exclude the rear camera or cable as a malfunction.

The memory card used on this drive and static testing last night was a Sandisk high endurance 128 GB.
When you have two sound tracks, you can put them on two channels, in "stereo", then we can compare them, and switch between them by adjusting the balance control.

Thats too much work.
Actually using power director to make a 50 / 50 video like this, so much harder VS pinnacle studio, also evident by the black bar in the middle.

Been a while since i use pinnacle, but i seem to recall that you could just grab 50% ( height ) or just delete top and bottom 25% or top 20 % and bottom 30 % if cameras was not adjusted the same in accordance to horizon.
In power director i cant seem to find a place like that, so i just have to move bars up / down and not really knowing when i have 50 %.

Perhaps i will give pinnacle studio 25 ultimate a spin, my poweerdirector 17 is pretty "old" by now, i think its up to version 19 now

It is pretty pricey with 999 Dkkr, maybe i will sample a crack first to see if i like the flavor, or maybe there is a demo to play with, will have to give that a look one of these days.

I do have a multimeter but testing leads aren't small enough to test pin by pin inside the USB-C opening if that's what you are referring to...

One time, I used small alligator clips with straight pins inserted in them, attached to my standard multi-meter leads and it worked pretty well to test the pins in a USB plug. Was a little tricky, but it got the job done. USB-C might be more of a challenge.

hehe been there done that,,,,,, though i used needles.
But also not on a modern USB C plug.

Yes, I meant it.
To exclude the rear camera or cable as a malfunction.
Believe me, if I could get to the pins with my meter I would have already done it but my meter test leads are just way too fat for such miniature pins.

Back