The G90 mount is rubbish - what alternatives have we got?

The 680 is better :)

He... he... I came to the same conclusion last night and ordered one for a measly £25 with a free tripod and free delivery from JooVuu:D
Cheers Reverend :)

Arrrgh removing the spring in my mount was only a temporary fix, it seems like the shape of the suction cup was dependent on the spring so eventually the rubber returns to its flatter shape. So I'll try the hairdryer suggestion DeLorean made, to create a more concave cone shape.

Arrrgh removing the spring in my mount was only a temporary fix, it seems like the shape of the suction cup was dependent on the spring so eventually the rubber returns to its flatter shape. So I'll try the hairdryer suggestion DeLorean made, to create a more concave cone shape.

You want a more CONVEX shape not a concave shape :D
The concave misshaping of the sucker is the problem :p
Ideally you want the sucker to return to it's original flat shape... or a little beyond so it's slightly domed.
I have 4 mounts on my front windscreen and 5 smaller suckers to hold cables in position.
I always use my vinegar and warming/shaping trick and I've never had one mount fall off in the hottest of summers or the coldest of Eastern European winters :D

DSCN2805.jpg

DSCN2808.jpg

cant believe you hav nt fitted an x box a long with the rest of the accessories !!!!!!!!!!!!

How steady is the mount? There are a lot of bumpy gravel roads here in Finland and it wouldn't be nice if video material was shaky. My current dash cam produces very stable video.

I want to buy Dome G90-7S GS90C from Gearbest. Did the manufacturer changed the suction mount or it's the same with issues?

It's still the same mount and I doubt it will ever change for the life of the product.

Can we buy another mount from another camera that fits with this one?

Unfortunately the mount is unique to the dome G series of cameras.
Some have modified a GS6000 mount to fit this unit, and others have used generic phone/device holders etc... but apart from that it's a glue a screw job to cobble something together.
Personally I find the G90 mount is fine and rock solid of you mount it correctly :D

Can you tell us your tricks? :D

I know this is not the right place to ask , but I need to know if somebody has information about this product Can't find a topic or reviews about it. I think it's a new product

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not actually sure if Samoon is a brand or manufacturer - @jokiin do you know which way around it is please? Is Sunty Sandy a brand or manufacturer?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DeLorean G90 10
Sunny G90 4
C G90 5
Back