The list of shame fake 4K dash cameras Ultra HD

yeah he was probably automated with 100 on the spot.

Of course it can be a thread about real 4K cameras, anybody can create it, but is more help for users to be warned because very few people can distinguish a fake camera from a real camera. If a buyer bought a real 4K camera which is in that thread or which is not, it is OK. But is not OK if he bought a camera which he believed it is a real 4K even he tried to buy a correct one. If you will look in their fake 4K cameras descriptions you will see how ”crisp” is their 4K UltraHD image. People will believe their words and buy their camera. An image can be crisp also at Full HD, 2K, not only 4K.

If somebody will read the thread about real 4K camera and he will decide to buy a camera which is not presented in that thread, if he is not informed how to stay away from fakes, he can buy a fake camera thinking that all 4K cameras are real. He can think the camera he found is like the ones discussed in that thread.

In this thread is not only about a list of fake dashcams to be avoided but also how to obtain the informations.
Also the fake dashcams manufacturers should know that on the biggest dashcam forum in the world their product is on a shame list. If some manufacturers will read this they will know if they will put the 4K logo in their fake 4K dashcam will end in this list.
If the fakers will not be advertised as fakers, more and more manufacturers will create fake 4K dashcams like happened to 4K action cameras which now costs under $40. Just imagine the fake 4K action cameras started to sell at over $100 and think how many people was cheated.

We should put a link to this thread to any fake 4K dashcam presentation from Amazon, ebay, YouTube, etc. and in this way people will see that we are not against just one brand, we are not haters, but we believe in truth, correctness and honesty.

enjoy,
Mtz
Is there a dashcam out there with these spec.

8MP CMOS specifications: must to contain at least 3840x2160 resolution

I didn't mean to have a discussion about it's flaws. It's not that the 612GW is 4K after all, it's that for most practical purposes it is not a camera at all and as one of the only 4K camera's out there it is a shame to see so many people fooled by it. That moment you need it you will prbably find out it's just a brick hanging off your window and not a camera at all.
That is what happen to me had a car run red light and hit me and DAM 622gw was locked up

Thnk you very much for this thread. Most of the people who try to get a budget cam can't really look into these things and they buy assuming it will be a good purchase. I saw few people raised their concern in the comments about the fake resolution of the Rove R2-4k cam on Amazon. I used the Rexing V1p Max before my Viofo A129 Plus Duo and when I posted the question requesting about the sensor they used in that cam, Rexing just replied that it records in 4k resolution. Later I found that it is from Omnivision and fortunately it's an 8MP sensor. But, still because of the not so good video clarity I returned it and got the Viofo A129 Plus Duo. I went for Viofo because it is the only company providing the sensor details in the product descriptions on Amazon. I like their genuinity on the details and so opted out for Viofo without a second thought. I too don't understand why lot of dashcam companies hide the sensor details. Same happened for me with MyGeekoGear Orbit 950 dashcam. I saw the review on DashCamTalk and found out that it is so inferior compared to my Viofo A129 Plus Duo and immediately returned it. They too don't have any information on their product listings on BestBuy about the sensors and chipsets they used in their cams.

The "HGDO Official Store" at Aliexpress is selling several mirror dashcam cameras, claiming 4K resolution with Sony IMX415 sensor. This is of course a fake, because they use Omnivision OS04B10-A51A sensor
in 4M_2560x1440_10bit_linear mode.

I'm wanting to do a video on the topic since it's a great and important one, and I just came across something interesting.

The Rexing V5 looks to be a 4K dashcam that records at 3840x2160 @ 30 fps, but it uses a 5 MP Sony IMX335.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B088B6372Z
Most other fake 4K dashcams max out at 2880x2160 @ 24 fps, but this one lists the resolution and frame rate we'd expect from a dashcam using an 8MP sensor.

So it looks like relying on the listed max resolution and frame rate is no longer a 100% reliable method of ensuring you've got a true 4K dashcam.

The Rexing V5 looks to be a 4K dashcam that records at 3840x2160 @ 30 fps, but it uses a 5 MP Sony IMX335.
Arguably, that is a better dashcam sensor than the real 4K Sony IMX415 used in many current 4K dashcams, so it may produce some very good results. It is also possible that the results are better than recording at 2K resolution on the same camera, due to the codec storing more resolution related data instead of the colour or temporal data that is less important for dashcam video. I imagine most people will be very happy with their Rexing V5 video, and will not be able to tell that it is not real 4K, so there may be many genuine good reviews and not many complaints! But of course it is definitely not real 4K, compare it with a high bitrate A129 Pro and the differences will be obvious.

Interpolated from 24 fps to 30 fps?
That would look very stuttery, not good!
They declared it use the IMX335, but they call it is real 4K.

Vantrue N4 is another fake 4K dashcam using IMX335.

Reactions: Mtz
Well they do output 4K alright, but that is not what they are recording,,,,,,,they record something lesser and then upscale it.

As i recall the most popular true 4K sensor in dashcams is the SONY IMX 415

Another fake 4K, sold as Neotek and a few others, 2k sensor up scaled. Sold by many car dealerships as 4K, no name on the box. They are now removing the sensor information on their specifications. It is the same as the azdome.

Typical "Bad money drives out good"?

There are too many that nobody cares anymore?

:D

There are too many that nobody cares anymore?
They simply continue to lie, even for the pretty expensive models like

WOLFBOX G900 4K Front And 2.5K Rear​

I have downloaded their firmware update and it is in fact 2.5K front and 2.5K rear.
Waiting for the excuses like it is true, but with the AI digital lense we are writing 8K videos to your SD card to waste even more space!

On Amazon I've reported dashcams with fake 4K specs, but like almost all fraudulent activities on its site, Amazon is incapable and or unwilling to deal with the problem.

Another fake 4K camera: Rydeen digital mirrors (all three). Rydeen claims they're 4K and has an icon for each model that says "Sony STARVIS 4K HD CMOS Sensor" (but doesn't list the specific sensor model). But the specs for all three cameras is 1920*1920/ H360°/27.5 fps.

Back