the RC (radio control) and electric rideables thread

My 250 came with a radiolink at9 transmitter, and 6ch receiver. I have nothing to compare it to, but some reviews I've seen on YouTube compare the transmitter favorably to the devo. I almost bought the 9ch receiver because it can send telemetry back to the controller to be shown on screen or even trigger alarms/vibration, but it required too many other addons which would take up valuable space in the quad, so I spent my money in other ways instead, such as more batteries, an FPV camera and screen, and white LEDs to replace the blue ones it came with.

Yes , the 250 is free space challenged ...
I just need those engines , and the Ebay seller is stalling on a refund .. ( I dont think they were shipped )
When they dont show up after a month and a half , its a very good bet they never will , + the tracking number is bogus ( another bad sign )

I may need to buy engines from BG , rather than wait for the Ebay toad !

Yes , the 250 is free space challenged ...
I just need those engines , and the Ebay seller is stalling on a refund .. ( I dont think they were shipped )
When they dont show up after a month and a half , its a very good bet they never will , + the tracking number is bogus ( another bad sign )

I may need to buy engines from BG , rather than wait for the Ebay toad !
Yes, BG or hobby king. Eventually I may build my own but for now I just have this rtf kit I bought and have started modifying. I bought an assembled one so I could learn to fly, and then learn to repair when stuff inevitably breaks, and eventually build my own. Which as it happens, is exactly what I did with cars. Bought one already assembled, leaned to drive, learned to fix, and eventually got to the point where I could build one. But I didn't get to keep it - it was a customer's car. Believe it or not, this car was almost finished. We delivered it a week later.

Its been a long time since ive thrown $$$ into the RC money pit.

I only kept one for display. Had an idea to attach a GoPro on it.

IMG_57222.jpg

@Gibson99 did you also install a flux capacitor on it ? ;)
You laugh but they actually make a kit to turn a stock dmc12 into a movie car replica... For something like $8000. I've never installed one though.

And the other thing the movie fudged... It takes a LOOOOOOONG time to get up to 88mph with that weak old v6. It's even worse with the 3 speed automatic.

Video was taken a few years ago ...

Yeah , when I started , I hit just about everything in the back yard ... :)

Actually , surprisingly cheap when compared to a regular prop ( rotor blades )

Actually I was thinking props like APC / Taipan ...
I think a few years ago I was buying rotor blades @ $3.50 AUST ( Pair )
And 4 Pairs for around $10

Now the price is about double that .. But then I havent damaged a rotor blade in a long time either ...
+ I have a few sets as spare
Actually , I have enough spare parts to build a complete 450 air frame . And to date I have built 3 air frames from my parts bin .. ( Spare air frames now rather than parts )

So it seems this coming Saturday is International Drone Day: http://www.internationaldroneday.com/ and there are events all over the place (except antarctica, greenland, and apparently, denmark - sorry @kamkar1 )

i might try to make it to a local event to find out what the folks are like and how they do events. and maybe have someone give me pointers on my flying and/or modifications. :)

Thats okay i dont have a quadcopter myself, and i an sure there still will be a lot of ppl flying ther quadcopter anyway and proberly in a illigal way.

Just found this one, and it even have some cool music to it.

RC as in Really god damm Cool

I posted this in another part of the forum unaware of the RC thread in OT so I'll link that thread here...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/recent-trip-to-southern-utah.18990/

Basically a few videos I shot from a quadcopter (Inspire 1 Pro) a couple weeks ago while on an 8 day trip through southern Utah and northern Arizona. For me the intent was an aesthetic/artistic one, but upon review of the video it occurs to me that the perspective a drone can provide opens up new way to look at geology.

Here's another video with narration that talks a bit about the geology thing...

Brian

Not my video, but it was shot today about 2 miles from my house.

You Texans have been getting hammered with heavy rain for about a year now. The last time I checked though many parts of the state were still in drought conditions in spite of the rain and flooding. Kind of the worst of both situations...

Brian

You Texans have been getting hammered with heavy rain for about a year now. The last time I checked though many parts of the state were still in drought conditions in spite of the rain and flooding. Kind of the worst of both situations...

Brian
Yeah when it rains that much that fast, it doesn't get a chance to soak in, and then on top of that, it washes away the top layer of soil, killing a lot of plants.

However, this latest storm stuck around long enough that my yard is trying to look like an Amazon rainforest! I mow every week but it's just growing so fast, I worry the hoa is going to send me a letter. But then the folks who mow every other week... It's practically halfway up their fence!

So now to get back on topic (in the OT section lol) I got myself some FPV "glasses" this weekend. So far only tested them at my desk but it looks promising. Best part is that since they don't completely block my vision, I can tilt my head up and see under them to be able to land or see whatever I need to see near me.

http://www.cnet.com/products/myvu-personal-media-viewer/

Back