Thinkware F750 Card Error

Fascinating. Care to elucidate with particular regard to which cards are more suited?

Care to elucidate with particular regard to which cards are more suited?

it's not an easy question to answer unfortunately, even if a particular brand of card works for your camera now you could buy another and find you have problems, even the cards themselves have firmware and things can change from time to time, updated controller chipset, different brand or type of memory wafer used, more so in second tier brands that don't manufacture their own cards, name brand cards are always preferred in my opinion, even with name brands there's some that have issues (Sandisk Extreme are not a good choice for a lot of camera), big brands are the ones most often faked as well which is yet another thing to look out for, memory is a bit of a minefield, generally I'd say if your camera manufacturer recommends particular brands of memory it's generally for good reason, we use Transcend as we buy direct from the factory in Taiwan, the cards are always of the same type, same firmware version and our engineers use the same cards for testing so that we can work with known values when doing product development

it's not an easy question to answer unfortunately, even if a particular brand of card works for your camera now you could buy another and find you have problems, even the cards themselves have firmware and things can change from time to time, updated controller chipset, different brand or type of memory wafer used, more so in second tier brands that don't manufacture their own cards, name brand cards are always preferred in my opinion, even with name brands there's some that have issues (Sandisk Extreme are not a good choice for a lot of camera), big brands are the ones most often faked as well which is yet another thing to look out for, memory is a bit of a minefield, generally I'd say if your camera manufacturer recommends particular brands of memory it's generally for good reason, we use Transcend as we buy direct from the factory in Taiwan, the cards are always of the same type, same firmware version and our engineers use the same cards for testing so that we can work with known values when doing product development

Wow, now you have my absolute and utterly undivided attention. You probably know better than all of us combined as to what is going on and why. Do you make dashcams too? If yes, which brand? As you know Thinkware do not recommend any particular card (like you say you do) nor do they give any pointers as to what to look for as essential performance or manufacturing parameters for SD cards to ensure they will work in their F750 in particular. Do you know why they would be so reticent about sharing this information? Surely they must know exactly which cards to purchase as they buy in cards which they then stick the Thinkware label to which they then guarantee will work. I cannot see that they would test each and every card beforehand so they must know what they are getting in advance. If they can know surely we could too?

I am happy to buy Thinkware if that is what I have to do but I hate the trivial (and seemingly) arbitrary limit of a mere 64Gb which is simply not enough. I hate not being told straight by Thinkware too. Why don't they just tell us straight out that only their cards will actually work in the real world scenario (and why don't they state this clearly before sales are made). They hold, after all, and I agree, that the SD cards must be regarded as consumables. If so surely it is unfsir (illegal?) to try to monopolise the market for these consumable items?This being the case I want to EASILY REPLACE THEM AS AND WHEN NECESSARY at a competitive market price and eithout all this hoo-ha. Is that really so unreasonable an expectation?

Yet why must it be so difficult to obtain these consumables? The Thinkware UK site currently has a problem with their checkout procedure and their so called official UK partner IC360 (Chameleon Group) is out of stock and cannot state any ETA whatsoever for stock replenishment. Of the 4 retailers named by Thinkware as retailers of SD cards in the UK (that will work with the F750), I have purchased from the other 3 as well and none of these cards worked either (they were all high spec. Kingston UHS-1 64Gb cards with read/write speeds of 90/45Mbs respectively and which they all individually stated on their websites as being compatible with the Thinkware F750. Huh. Not so, as I found out to my cost and annoyance!

Given the above, perhaps you will now have a better understanding of why I am quite so frustrated? It is not in their interests to make our lives difficult so I do not understand why they are not both more helpful and more forthcoming.

Is this type of SD card problem inherent woth all 2 channel dash cam systems do you know? Do you have the same or similar type of problems with your products? At least you state which cards are best purchased for use in your product(s).

If you were Thinkware what would persuade you to enter into this type of forum or what would you think the reason is for their silence in this matter? As I have said to you before I have pointed them (UK & US Customer Support - at a fairly senior technical level) to this forum and this thread in particular so it would be difficult for them to say they are not aware of its existence. Both gave me the BS line that I was the first to raise this issue with them. Can you belive that?

I just knew there was more to you than meets the eye. I suspected you of being Thinkware. Wasn't too far out was I? I hope I did not offend you too much with some of my remarks. It is not characteristic of me to be so blunt or confrontational but as mentioned before in this thread I find this whole conundrum to be not only very challenging but extremely frustrating. Any more light you can throw onto this subject the better? ...for if not you, then who else will or can?

I am happy to give you my email address if you would like to correspond more privately - hopefully I am not breaking any forum rules for suggesting this. Having said that I am quite sure you currently have the total concentration of many more than myself and that consequently we perhaps should continue our dialogue publically so to speak?

Thinkware do very large volume, possibly the largest of the Korean brands so are big enough to have their own brand on a card, the two channel platform they use is fussy at the best of times so card choice is really important, it's not to say other cards can't work but most likely they recommend their own cards as it's a known quantity for them, a lot of support related problems come from poor card choice, given the volume of business they do it could be too difficult to try and support multiple types of cards should they supply the product without the cards and leave people to their own devices, oddly enough when people buy $500 cameras they look for $10 memory cards on eBay then blame the camera when things don't work as expected (yeah this really does happen) thinking that all memory cards are created equally

The cards they do use will come from one of the major suppliers but there's no surety that the retail versions of the same brand will be as equally compatible with their product so they may shy away from naming names for that reason, eg, even if they buy from Samsung or similar there may be a custom firmware on their version of card tailored to their particular devices that differs from the retail version Samsung product (no idea if they use Samsung, just making an example of the reasons they may have for not sharing the detail)

You may not get anyone from Thinkware to come here, the volume they do is so large that it probably doesn't seem significant to them, the challenge with these large companies is that even if you could get someone here it would likely be some social media manager or similar who doesn't really know the product and has no ability to influence anyone with the feedback you give them so it can fall on deaf ears, disappointing I guess but that's the reality with a lot of large companies, a complaint is someone telling you they want you to improve, ignoring that is a missed opportunity

Most importantly to me you remain silent on the point I raised in my second paragraph? If Thinkware are buying in cards (which since they are not card manufacturers, they must be doing) how is it they can buy cards that they can guarantee will work AND why are the parameters they apply to the purchasing such cards not made freely available to we their customers so that we can buy third party cards with the same degree of confidence that Thinkware seems to (don't tell me they test each one)? Truly there must be something more than just manufacturing tolerances going on here and I'd like to know what it is. I am beginning to think something more sinister is going on here given that Thinkware offer absolutely no help with this matter whatsoever!

I don't know but I'd expect the factory to have a set of test-beds which are possibly actual F750 PCBs but maybe they have built a dedicated test system, and an quality engineer will test a batch of SD cards. Those that pass are supplied with dashcams that are shipped.

Thinkware do very large volume, possibly the largest of the Korean brands so are big enough to have their own brand on a card, the two channel platform they use is fussy at the best of times so card choice is really important, it's not to say other cards can't work but most likely they recommend their own cards as it's a known quantity for them, a lot of support related problems come from poor card choice, given the volume of business they do it could be too difficult to try and support multiple types of cards should they supply the product without the cards and leave people to their own devices, oddly enough when people buy $500 cameras they look for $10 memory cards on eBay then blame the camera when things don't work as expected (yeah this really does happen) thinking that all memory cards are created equally

The cards they do use will come from one of the major suppliers but there's no surety that the retail versions of the same brand will be as equally compatible with their product so they may shy away from naming names for that reason, eg, even if they buy from Samsung or similar there may be a custom firmware on their version of card tailored to their particular devices that differs from the retail version Samsung product (no idea if they use Samsung, just making an example of the reasons they may have for not sharing the detail)

You may not get anyone from Thinkware to come here, the volume they do is so large that it probably doesn't seem significant to them, the challenge with these large companies is that even if you could get someone here it would likely be some social media manager or similar who doesn't really know the product and has no ability to influence anyone with the feedback you give them so it can fall on deaf ears, disappointing I guess but that's the reality with a lot of large companies, a complaint is someone telling you they want you to improve, ignoring that is a missed opportunity

Suddenly I am mega depressed. This is all very crushing and soooooo disappointing! I cannot thank you enough for your time. How come you can spend time on this thread whenThinkware can't!

Suddenly I am mega depressed. This is all very crushing and soooooo disappointing! I cannot thank you enough for your time. How come you can spend time on this thread whenThinkware can't!
Sorry but I can't help feeling that you are over-reacting. The F750 is a great choice for a dual camera HD set-up. There are other choices of dual camera systems and many more single camera dashcams. Thinkware is not the only one to reject certain SD cards. I know you don't like that fact but you're going to have to accept it. Most people on this forum who have bought an SD card which is rejected just take it on the chin and buy a different one. If a different make is also rejected then this starts to point to the F750 being faulty, but if the supplied Thinkware branded SD card works then that might be hard to prove.

There are many people including me who are very happy with the F750. I have used UK customer support and got great service. But clearly you are not enjoying your Thinkware experience. I advise you to return your unit for a refund and buy a different brand.

Fascinating. Why do you think jokiin helps like this whilstThinkware don't?
Jokiin is by far the most prolific poster at this site ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/

Most of his 25,000 posts have helped people who own dashcams made by other manufacturers. There's no tangible benefit to him in doing this, but it generates goodwill, which possibly makes people consider buying a Street Guardian.

I had a difficult choice between the Thinkware F750 single channel & the Street Guardian SGZC12RC. I bought the SGZC12RC, partly because it's smaller & more discreet than the F750, & partly because Street Guardian have an unrivalled reputation for 24/7/365 support & a no-hassle 2 year replacement warranty for EU customers.

Sorry but I can't help feeling that you are over-reacting. The F750 is a great choice for a dual camera HD set-up. There are other choices of dual camera systems and many more single camera dashcams. Thinkware is not the only one to reject certain SD cards. I know you don't like that fact but you're going to have to accept it. Most people on this forum who have bought an SD card which is rejected just take it on the chin and buy a different one. If a different make is also rejected then this starts to point to the F750 being faulty, but if the supplied Thinkware branded SD card works then that might be hard to prove.

There are many people including me who are very happy with the F750. I have used UK customer support and got great service. But clearly you are not enjoying your Thinkware experience. I advise you to return your unit for a refund and buy a different brand.

Hmmmm. Do you work for Thinkware then? How else could you advise any return would be successful even IF that was my desire?

If you read what jokiin wrote in full in his last post you must be some sort of nut if you think my being depressed by what he, a dashcam manufacturer, has to say is over reacting in any way. I am sure most people reading this type of inner truth would at the very least be both concerned and disappointed. As was I.

My only regret with the Thinkware F750 (apart from limited user option choices with the software - hopefully to be amended in their next update) is this non-sense about which card will and won't work brought upon by Thinkware themselves. Had they offered much larger sized SD cards I would have been happy to not go elsewhere.

You seem to be suddenly well versed as to what I am thinking. My God, as apart from everything else you are a mind reader to boot huh? I am sorry to disappoint you but this time, once again, you have proved yourself to be quite dim. I am afraid I will have to expose you as not in fact being a mind reader. Maybe you don't mind being mugged off by these large companies but I do and when I complain about it, it is in the hope that these complaints bring about much needed improvements and problem resolutions. Indeed many large companies glean ideas for product improvements from their complaints dept. What irritates me most by short sighted, aquiescent people like you (as to me that seems to be what you are implying you are) is that it is the efforts of people like me that ultimately bring about improvements we can all benefit from. It is such a pity to me that people like you (who accuse anyone seeking to answer a problem or improve a product of being so-called over reactionaries) then go on to benefit by the efforts of those they are all too ready to ready to patronise, intimidate and bully. Those that don't want to be mugged off, "take it on the chin" or generally just seek to improve upon something.

In any case I would far rather over react than spar for the argument you are so obviously looking for despite what you falsely claim. Let me assure you "I" do not seek an argument but if you choose to pick on me you had better be well prepared as I take no prisoners and do not suffer fools glady.

There may be many people who are happy with their F750? Yes but then again there are also many people who smoke cancer inducing cigarettes and or take drugs. There are many idiots out there too. BUT as evidenced by this and other forums there are many who have problems or constructive criticisms to make. Bear in mind too that forums are always a tiny tip of a much greater iceberg. If you are so happy with your F750 what on earth are you doing here?

I have "taken it on the chin"₩+ with no less than 3 rejected high spec. Kingston cards (oops sorry I forget you don't read posts fully and therefore go off half-****ed and looking foolish because of this) so I have to repeat myself at the risk of boring other readers of our posts. Soon I hope to notch up one success at least with a high spec. £90.00 Samsung but know full well it is all pot luck. If you find all this to be acceptable then you only confirm to me that you are wanting in the brain cell dept. If you eprk in the Semi Confuctor Industry and you are happy to accept thia nonsense as necessary, it teally doesn't say much foĺr thus industry at all. Where is your fire man?

I guarantee you this matter will eventually be resolved (despite rather than because of the likes of yourself) and that SD cards will become as reliable as the fact that one idiot is born every minute of the day. As and when that happens it will be because people like me refuse to accept the unacceptable and are prepared to push boundaries, limits and understanding. Compare me as one of these I have just described to people like you that meekly accept and consequently get mugged off while achieving absolutely nothing.

Just because somebody thinks they can improve upon a product, its underlying technology or disaproves of the way they are being treated by a multi- national company doesn't necessarily signify they are unhappy with the product. Having said that, had I known of this SD card issue beforehand it would most certainly have had some sort of impact on my decision as which brand/model of dascam to buy. Why at least jokiin's company is able to recommend a 3rd party brand of card and has a 24/7 helpline AND participates to a huge degree in this type of forum.

So you work, as you so oft repeat to us (yawn), in the semi conductor industry. Big deal. For all I know you sweep tbe floor of a semi conductor factory. Oh sorry an I suposed to be intimidated in someway by your sanctimonious and patronising BS? Hey, guess what, I'm not nor could I ever be! As an expert you even admit that you do not know enough about the subject to be of much use (never a truer word said it would seem).

I would take this opportunity to remind you that this particular thread is all about problems with SD cards with the F750. I cannot see what your objection with my post is given this. If you want to hear pretty things about Thinkware then why don't you just go to an appropriate thread and leave us alone in here huh?

Can I suggest that you keep your advice to yourself concerning me until and unless I ask you for it? Thank you. Oh, don't for goodness sake hold your breath by the way! ...and since nothing patronising people like you with unbacked-up arrogance to boot could ever have anything to say of any interest to me (I hate bullies like you, you see) kindly refrain from replying to this or any other of my posts again.

Jokiin is by far the most prolific poster at this site ...

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/members/

Most of his 25,000 posts have helped people who own dashcams made by other manufacturers. There's no tangible benefit to him in doing this, but it generates goodwill, which possibly makes people consider buying a Street Guardian.

I had a difficult choice between the Thinkware F750 single channel & the Street Guardian SGZC12RC. I bought the SGZC12RC, partly because it's smaller & more discreet than the F750, & partly because Street Guardian have an unrivalled reputation for 24/7/365 support & a no-hassle 2 year replacement warranty for EU customers.

Thank that. I think jokiin deserves, at the very least, three cheers all round as well as my heartfelt gratitude. I will now look into your model of dashcam with a serious possibility of dumping Thinkware into the bin that they deserve to be in solely because of this SD card issue and their silence on the issue both pre and post sales!!!

Fascinating. Why do you think jokiin helps like this whilstThinkware don't?

I originally came to this site as another forum I'm a member of had an active thread on dashcams and people kept quoting stuff they were reading here which was incorrect and I would give them the correct information and this kept happening and I was getting tired of correcting things so came here to check it out, a lot of the early stuff was really just people trying to work things out the best they could from the info they could find online, there was no malice in the information presented, it was just a best effort from people to try and make sense of a very confusing product category to try and work out what was what

I spent a bit of time here initially trying to make sure the info was accurate, there was less that 500 members when I joined and a lot less posts so it wasn't too hard, when I first joined it took me about two weeks to go back and read every post on the site, after a while it became obvious that of the few sites that were dashcam related this one was growing more than the others and would become more of a place to find things out, the category was very starved of information so considering I manufacture cameras it was a better place for me to spend time than the other forum for anything dashcam related

As to why I help people with other products, there's a few reasons, it's a good learning tool for me to know what problems people have with their products so I can look at how we can do things better, it's a very valuable source of feedback to know what other manufacturers are doing, what customers like, what they don't like, what works and what doesn't as those are things we take into consideration in the development of our own products, a lot of the stuff we do is the way it is based on information gleaned from these pages, above all for the dashcam category I think it helps to have somewhere people can go and find information, that requires participation, I think participating encourages others, there are lots of helpful members here and it's an overwhelmingly positive place compared to a lot of forums, I'm here anyway, if I know the answer to something why not answer it, sometimes my answers are a bit brief, usually a good sign that I've posted while on Tapatalk and it's just between doing other stuff, sometimes this place is a mental break for me, when I'm in China it's a place where I can communicate in plain English so I spend a lot of time on here while I'm traveling just for the mental stimulus

Anyway, enough of the boring history lesson dragging things off topic :)

I originally came to this site as another forum I'm a member of had an active thread on dashcams and people kept quoting stuff they were reading here which was incorrect and I would give them the correct information and this kept happening and I was getting tired of correcting things so came here to check it out, a lot of the early stuff was really just people trying to work things out the best they could from the info they could find online, there was no malice in the information presented, it was just a best effort from people to try and make sense of a very confusing product category to try and work out what was what

I spent a bit of time here initially trying to make sure the info was accurate, there was less that 500 members when I joined and a lot less posts so it wasn't too hard, when I first joined it took me about two weeks to go back and read every post on the site, after a while it became obvious that of the few sites that were dashcam related this one was growing more than the others and would become more of a place to find things out, the category was very starved of information so considering I manufacture cameras it was a better place for me to spend time than the other forum for anything dashcam related

As to why I help people with other products, there's a few reasons, it's a good learning tool for me to know what problems people have with their products so I can look at how we can do things better, it's a very valuable source of feedback to know what other manufacturers are doing, what customers like, what they don't like, what works and what doesn't as those are things we take into consideration in the development of our own products, a lot of the stuff we do is the way it is based on information gleaned from these pages, above all for the dashcam category I think it helps to have somewhere people can go and find information, that requires participation, I think participating encourages others, there are lots of helpful members here and it's an overwhelmingly positive place compared to a lot of forums, I'm here anyway, if I know the answer to something why not answer it, sometimes my answers are a bit brief, usually a good sign that I've posted while on Tapatalk and it's just between doing other stuff, sometimes this place is a mental break for me, when I'm in China it's a place where I can communicate in plain English so I spend a lot of time on here while I'm traveling just for the mental stimulus

Anyway, enough of the boring history lesson dragging things off topic :)

Well I think you are bloody marvellous in the way and to the extent you are prepared to assist us all. It is nice to know there are some switched-on manufacturers that recognise forums like this can not only teach them a thing or two but also help to mould future products based on what you glean from both our likes and dislikes. I admire you and I feel certain if I was involved to a high level in manufacturing, then I would do exactly as you do! What a pity others cannot seem to see this!

kindly refrain from replying to this or any other of my posts again.
Well I would do but you have decided to be personally offensive in your post so I have to do one more reply. Just read my other posts in other threads and you'll see that all of them are genuinely trying to help people. I have tried to help you but you don't want it. I am sorry that you have taken offence by my posts. I will make no more in direct response to yours.

Dude, you come across as being pretty damn rude. Ive just read through these posts and frankly I'm surprised anyone bothered to reply at all.

Ive been involved with a number of projects to do with SD cards, 2 cards, same brand, same model, one may work another may not. theres a whole bunch of reasons this might be the case, virtually all of which you have no control over, with the other projects it was related to random IOPS, a fast card such as class 10 cards might have blisteringly fast sequential reads but its random IOs stink or introduce errors, in the tests we ran we actually found older class 2 devices were more stable for random operations. If a device is just dumping data to a card such as the phone brands you mention then you can expect there to be little going wrong but in some cases when an SD card is used as more like a page file, there becomes a greater deal of stress applied to the card. If the device doesn't get the desired response from card then it throws up errors.

Now I cant say what is exactly going on with the F750, but I can say that I have had similar situations, just because you haven't heard of anything outside of your little bubble doesn't mean it doest exist.

On this forum people want to help one another but in return people must also listen.

you want a card that is guaranteed to work? buy a thinkware card.
you want to roll the dice and take a chance, buy something else.

interestingly, I have developed a problem with my F750 lately, it random stops recording, the device stays on. After a big long chat with thinkware UK they have said that not only can a incompatible card not work but they also said that it can potentially damage the device as well. Now if I'm honest I struggle to understand how that could be the case but it does further show that the SDcard in the camera is not just a simple storage device, theres a lot more going on that we know about

Well it all goes to show that you can't please all of the people all of the time can you? But then, since I am not trying to, why on earth do you think I would give a damn?

It seems funny how those who like to think they know what they are talking about and are well impressed with themselves, seem unable to fully read and ingest what has been written in totality. Now I have Dippy writing absolutely uncalled for remarks and getting a well deserved response from me for doing so (I note you have not quoted any part of what I said as being untrue or unwarranted), then here you come (I assume to somehow pathetically support his incorrect and rule-breaking post) but in truth for God only knows what reason. Can't he defend himself or are you some sort of baby sitter for him or perhaps you like to think of yourself as some sort of self-appointed invigilator of this thread? If you want this role have a go at people who make remarks not about the thread but about something else (like Dippy's remark about my being depressed by what a dashcam manufacturer revealed). I suppose to ensure you understsnd I had better explain. The reveal and my reaction are both bone fide posts directly relating to our thread. Dippy's criticism of my reaction is not and thus breaks the rules. So how about slagging him rather than me, Dee82? Do you see? You probably don't (won't) because to do so you would have to admit that your last post has nothing whatever to do with the thread topic either and as a consequence is thus equally wrong.

Reading back on all my comments on the whole I have only been positive or encouraged or thanked people who have made inputs to solving the problem and have only got defensive when unnecessary or unhelpful remarks have been made that have nothing whatever to do with this thread and are thus out of place. Much like your latest post in fact which seems to be not only unnecessarily aggressive and self-opinionated but was utterly unneeded, uncalled for, unsought, unjustified and unjustifiable.

Unlike you (and another) I have thanked and called for the praise of others who have contributed massively to our thread. Strangely the most/best you seem to offer is basically your silence especially to calls for praise for those who have actually contributed something. Like another you seem more to focus on what you perceive cannot be done rather than focus on that which can be done if we all pull together in a common resolve.

Just as noticibly others, like a manufacturer of dashcams (jokiin) seem more to like what I have to say and support me. Ah well c,est la vie I suppose. I would far rather his support than yours because like me he lends himself solely to the thread title. However I tepeat I sm not here to be supported but to resolve our common problem! I admit I am not as placid as he (jokiin) since I will defend myself if I am unfairly attacked for no reason or point.

I do not know exactly who you think you are but you seem more interested, like another, in being aggresive and unnecessarily argumentative. As with another I do not care a single solitary jot about your opinion of me so keep it to yourself unless and until asked for. I am not here to be voted the most popular contributor or to be the receipient of some sort of popularity vote: perhaps you are? No, I am here to mutually solve a shared problem. None of my posts do anything other than further this aim until I am unfairly or unnecessarily attacked for no reason and with no possible gain to that which could further what we are here to do.

Look, I know it is hard for people of limited mental ability, but try to keep in mind the point of this thread. To mutually solve a known problem. If we stick to this common resolve all this infantile bickering might be avoided don't you think?

I am about to publish a list of at least half a dozen third party cards that work out-of-the-box in the Thinkware F750. If I can come up with this list in a couple of days, why hasn't the likes of yourself OR MORE PERTINENTLY THINKWARE done the same? Given this I should have thought support for what I was doing would have been a more appropriate response than your infantile, bullying diatribe of a puzzingly weird tactic.

If this list proves to be a reality it seems to me I will have done more than anyone else, other than those morons who not only choose to denigrate and discourage but who, I am quite sure, will be just as eager as anyone else to benefit from the almost unique contribution it seems to me I will have made in just a few days. I'd like to know just what it is you think you have achieved in: how long have you been on this thread/site for now?

And don't you think if I could buy a Thinkware card I would? But to prove you don't read what I have to say (or as pointed out later, others too), I would remind you that both Thinkware AND their sole UK representative, The Chameleon Group, are not only out of stock but both are unable to come up with any sort of ETA for stock replenishment. In other words we have been "thrown to the wolves" so to speak! Now then Dee82 whoever you are, you might be okay with being mugged off in this way but I can assure you I am not, nor will I ever be and nor will I ever be apologetic to others for refusing to accept the unacceptable. And certainly not to the likes of you.

It is precisely because I have been deserted by Thinkware to fend for myself that I arrived here. Don't you get it? I note too that since Thinkware are about to launch the F770 (which is almost identical in every way to the F750) except that they are introducing with the F770 an entirely different way of writing files in an attempt to get around the horrendous limitations caused by the manufacturing deviations of SD cards, it would seem they are swerviing the whole problem from which we suffer by dumping us and moving on with a product which for all intents and purposes is the same as the F750 but does not have the inherent problems of it. Presumably they do not feel that a firmware upgrade can make the necessary adjustments required and prefer instead to dump our F750s into yesterday and what? Then expect us to rebuy the F770 from them in turn. Huh, I think not!

Now how do you feel Dee82? And don't you think your anger is best aimed where is it deserved. Not at people who are trying their best to solve a problem unfairly thrust upon them but yiwards perhapsTHINKWARE the people who are causing it?

It is delightful poetic justice that the problem you have noticed with your current card might simply be nothing more than the end of its life occuring. To quote Thinkware "these SD cards must be regarded as consumables" (but yet again I have no doubt you didn't read that bit). If this is the case you will need another card to replace it, Dee82. Mmmm, no doubt, since Thinkware aren't minded to even order more stock let alone keep any, you will need to fall back of my type of list or similar. I suggest you start reading what is written rather than reacting to what you think has been written and stop throwing your toys out of your pram AND GROW UP.

While you desperately try to locate a new card for your F750 (probably from my list) ask yourself who will be most thanked. He who comes up with a working solution to the problem or he who seems to want to do nothing but bitch, whinge and complain?

Unless and until you have something positive to contribute, you, like Dippy (in so many ways than one), need to confine yourself to concentrating on the raison d'etre of this thread but if you feel unable to do so, then probably best to button it entirely.

Dude, you come across as being pretty damn rude. Ive just read through these posts and frankly I'm surprised anyone bothered to reply at all.

Ive been involved with a number of projects to do with SD cards, 2 cards, same brand, same model, one may work another may not. theres a whole bunch of reasons this might be the case, virtually all of which you have no control over, with the other projects it was related to random IOPS, a fast card such as class 10 cards might have blisteringly fast sequential reads but its random IOs stink or introduce errors, in the tests we ran we actually found older class 2 devices were more stable for random operations. If a device is just dumping data to a card such as the phone brands you mention then you can expect there to be little going wrong but in some cases when an SD card is used as more like a page file, there becomes a greater deal of stress applied to the card. If the device doesn't get the desired response from card then it throws up errors.

Now I cant say what is exactly going on with the F750, but I can say that I have had similar situations, just because you haven't heard of anything outside of your little bubble doesn't mean it doest exist.

On this forum people want to help one another but in return people must also listen.

you want a card that is guaranteed to work? buy a thinkware card.
you want to roll the dice and take a chance, buy something else.

interestingly, I have developed a problem with my F750 lately, it random stops recording, the device stays on. After a big long chat with thinkware UK they have said that not only can a incompatible card not work but they also said that it can potentially damage the device as well. Now if I'm honest I struggle to understand how that could be the case but it does further show that the SDcard in the camera is not just a simple storage device, theres a lot more going on that we know about

Oh, if, as you say, we none of us have any control over which cards will or won't work (even from the same brand and class) what you fail to explain is how Thinkware seem to be able to do just what you claim can't be done (by guaranteeing their cards work where others might fail). Sort of puts an end to your "insider" it-can't-be-done nonsense in my book and thus makes whatever negativity you spout to be inconsequential as far as I am concerned. In fact I am beginning to wonder if both you and another may well be our much lacking Thinkware presence in this thread. If it were so, much more if your nonsense would then make much more sense!

he posted results already, read from this post on https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f750-card-error.13136/page-4#post-245591

fail with 512gb, ok with 128gb, fail with 200GB exFAT but ok when FAT32, results may be firmware dependent so if you have a later version it's possible the results may differ
Sorry but am I getting confused. If a 200Gb card is formatted with FAT32 then it in effect becomes a 32Gb card because FAT32 cannot see any larger than 32Gb (the clue is in the name FAT32?). For over 32Gb exFAT is needed? Am losing it?

Sorry but am I getting confused. If a 200Gb card is formatted with FAT32 then it in effect becomes a 32Gb card because FAT32 cannot see any larger than 32Gb (the clue is in the name FAT32?). For over 32Gb exFAT is needed? Am losing it?
FAT32 is just a file system, it can be used on partitions up to 2TB and you can access all the space, Windows will only offer FAT32 as a formatting option for drives up to 32GB but can read and write to larger drives formatted FAT32 without a problem

Back