THINKWARE F800 PRO

Unfortunately, I am not able to sign up with the new app.
Well. I signed up, but an activation e-mail has not been sent.
My details have been registered because I tried signing up again with the same e-mail address.
I have also asked to resend the verification e-mail again, but still nothing. Also nothing in the spam folder.

I have just realised that I may have signed up with an invalid e-mail address. How embarrassing. It's been a long day.

After testing this again.. Still no luck.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I am not able to sign up with the new app.
Well. I signed up, but an activation e-mail has not been sent.
My details have been registered because I tried signing up again with the same e-mail address.
I have also asked to resend the verification e-mail again, but still nothing. Also nothing in the spam folder.

I have just realised that I may have signed up with an invalid e-mail address. How embarrassing. It's been a long day.

After testing this again.. Still no luck.

Heh. This explains why I wasn't getting an E-mail. I was hoping the cloud was working.

I did get a network error earlier on, but it wasn't from my end because I tested it. Maybe they are still working on the cloud. (I can't see at the moment because it's dark here. HaHaHa)

I got the confirmation e-mail this morning when I registered it. I haven't updated the firmware of the camera yet. May be I will do that later.

When I looked on the Thinkware site earlier I couldn't find a firmware update for the F800 Pro. I only found an update for the PC viewer.

I just read in the app that the cloud feature is not available via Wi-Fi. I am using an Android phone. Maybe this is why I can't login. Hmm.

Limited is also spelt incorrectly if any of the developers are here.

Just tried it. I could not get the Air function to work on the F800. May be it is only available on the Pro version.

As far as I am aware, it is only the pro version that can be upgraded to use Air.

For my case, the activation email went into my spam folder. I have activated my account but yet to return to my car to get the serial required to register the dashcam. The firmware shown available from the app and website is still v1.00.02 though so I'm not sure if it's fully implemented yet in this current version of firmware.

For my case, the activation email went into my spam folder. I have activated my account but yet to return to my car to get the serial required to register the dashcam. The firmware shown available from the app and website is still v1.00.02 though so I'm not sure if it's fully implemented yet in this current version of firmware.

After activating, did it give you an option to register your dash cam? If so, is it the pro? Where are you located? I activated mine but i could not find a way to register my dash cam, I have pro and live in CA, USA

I still get a dash cam not requesters under Geofence tab on the app

Thanks for the headups. Yet to register my dash cam to try. Guess as expected it requires updated firmware support then.

Thanks for the headups. Yet to register my dash cam to try. Guess as expected it requires updated firmware support then.
Yeah, that’s my guess also. I’m already signed in and still says this 598B30DF-2C1A-4503-B33F-C250325A4AD8.png

I'm about to register my F800 Pro only to realise there is only F800 for selection.

Should we hold off registration until everything is in place just in case it gets identified wrongly and thus the error encountered by Edwin8484?

I think we should hold off until thinkware releases the firmware update for the Pro verison. It seems that we are taken a ride in the park to get this thing to work.

I think we should hold off until thinkware releases the firmware update for the Pro verison. It seems that we are taken a ride in the park to get this thing to work.
I believe Cloud is not read yet. The registration from the link above seems it is only to register the product for warranty purposes. There still needs to be a site where we can register our product for Cloud purpose. And yes an update is need d for the pro

4F3F4299-07CF-456E-A7C4-8CB314603F1E.png 27B2FAFF-0614-4018-954A-D71D5FE79177.png 1B0FCB3B-D54C-4BBE-89E1-D84EF76A8E9C.png 6BB66D62-EB60-4E00-8B95-44E4EC7D5AAA.png They just pushed update. Seems to be working fine now with my iPhone app. Still not able to have the pro connect to my car’s hotspot or to be able to connect when in parking mode.. sad!

Testing new firmware as I'm typing too. It gets registered automatically and yes the earlier web link is for warranty registration. Drove out of the multi storey car park very reluctantly to get a gps lock to set up geofencing. Hope it works.

After getting a gps lock, I was able to set up geo-fence and test by specifying 100m radius so that I don't have to travel far to test. I get notified when entering and leaving the zone. Forgotten to set driving impact sensitivity to highest so that I can test impact notification when going over hump. However all this is moot and useless for now until new firmware keeps the gps switched on when in parking mode rather than off, just as Edwin8484 commented.

Edit:
That include WiFi too. It is switched off in parking mode.

Last edited:
Back