Vegas shooting - Taxi Cab View

flank

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119S

Last edited:
So sad :cry: even for a person like me advocating a thinning of the heard.

I couldn't watch it all :(

Really sad, I was just at Mandalay Hotel two weekends ago too so know the Vegas area there well. The amount of crazyness continues to ramp up each year lately it seems.

And then you have a rabid and growing number of nutjobs who claim this was all FAKE NEWS. That the whole thing was fake with fake crisis actors and multiple shooters and fake rituals and on and on and on ...

Sickos all of them. The fact that they have thousands of likes and followers is what boggles my mind the most.

So sad :cry: even for a person like me advocating a thinning of the heard.
I don't think "sad" is the right word.

The people of the USA have chosen to live with easy and cheap access to weapons designed specifically for the mass killing of humans and unlimited access to ammunition, the result is inevitable and expected. It was their choice, why feel sad about the result?

Yeah we non armed people could argue that the Americans have chosen to live on a edge, that's why i think its sad when some guy cant handle that level of trust armed people after all must have in each other. ( MAD )
Off course one could argue we non armed people then drive in what could be used as a weapon, and it is equally sad when a person cant handle that trust, but i dont feel that scenario are equally sad.
It do bother me with all the concrete bollards popping up due to the possibility of some one using a car or truck as a weapon, not least since the term vehicular manslaughter dont exist here in Denmark.

Also make me wonder other things, we dont have death penalty,,,, or rather we do if we are in war, and then it confuse me people here can travel to Syria and fight with ISIS against us their home land and then return "home"
And other can finance ISIS and similar organizations with sales tax fraud in the xxx billions on EU basis, and these animals pretty much go free.
I feel ( we Danes at least ) should grow a pair and at least start to use the laws we have.
Personally i feel if some one commit a act of terror here, that's a act of war, and so that person should be given the penalty that is in effect in times of war.
After all the same persons that will commit "war" here also say what we do in their countries are a act of war, and they have no problem killing us trial or not.

Yeah we non armed people could argue that the Americans have chosen to live on a edge, that's why i think its sad when some guy cant handle that level of trust armed people after all must have in each other. ( MAD )
Off course one could argue we non armed people then drive in what could be used as a weapon, and it is equally sad when a person cant handle that trust, but i dont feel that scenario are equally sad.
I don't really see the difference, you and us have chosen to live with those vehicles on our roads, it is inevitable that some people will die as a result. The only difference to the USA's guns is that our vehicles are useful devices while the usefulness of the USA's machine guns is questionable!

It do bother me with all the concrete bollards popping up due to the possibility of some one using a car or truck as a weapon, not least since the term vehicular manslaughter dont exist here in Denmark.

Also make me wonder other things, we dont have death penalty,,,, or rather we do if we are in war, and then it confuse me people here can travel to Syria and fight with ISIS against us their home land and then return "home"
And other can finance ISIS and similar organizations with sales tax fraud in the xxx billions on EU basis, and these animals pretty much go free.
I feel ( we Danes at least ) should grow a pair and at least start to use the laws we have.
Personally i feel if some one commit a act of terror here, that's a act of war, and so that person should be given the penalty that is in effect in times of war.
After all the same persons that will commit "war" here also say what we do in their countries are a act of war, and they have no problem killing us trial or not.
We don't have the death penalty either, however after every recent terrorist attack the terrorists that attacked have all ended up dead!

Yeah the gun have lost its validity in some degree in the American society ( i think as a outsider )
But now so many years later it will be hard to change that, sure you can change the constitution and the law and make guns illegal, and then have amnesties for handing over weapons.
But i doubt that will ever work for the Americans, or if it did work it will take decades to make the change and get the majority of weapons off the market.
As i recall the Aussies did it to some degree, but then again they have places out there that if a police car are stopped for 5 minutes with no response from the cops in it, the station will trigger the cop down button and swamp that area with cops.
And they have other areas they cant enter with one cop car but always go in at least 2 cars.

I dunno, at least in the US good people have guns, here its just bad people that have guns, and when the law dont do something about that, then i dont feel safe knowing the facts.

its a predicament, one i would like to debate face to face with people involved, maybe over a cold one while taking turns shooting cans with a 38

I am pretty sure if you asked all Danes to hand over their car keys and use public transport the outroar will be just as big as if you ask Americans to turn in their weapons, at least the weapon using / owning people, there are off course many people in the US that do not have a gun, just like many Danes dont have a car.

I don't think "sad" is the right word.

The people of the USA have chosen to live with easy and cheap access to weapons designed specifically for the mass killing of humans and unlimited access to ammunition, the result is inevitable and expected. It was their choice, why feel sad about the result?

The "sad" truth of the matter is that the "people of the USA" are not the ones to have chosen widespread availability of assault weapons. The National Rifle Association (NRA) and the major gun manufacturers who supply these mass killing machines have our politicians in their back pockets after spending enormous sums of money in campaign contributions and employing highly aggressive lobbyists to promote their interests. They are one of the most powerful and rabid lobbying organizations on the planet. Sadly, our government is now almost entirely controlled by special interests to the detriment of our nation, and it's not just guns. And we have a president in office who has no concern for the welfare of his people and who would rather enable the gun lobby's crazier factions. In March, Trump quietly signed a resolution blocking an Obama-era rule that would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from buying guns. The rule was part of former President Barack Obama's push to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 Newtown, Connecticut shooting. And now, there is a movement to pass a new law allowing the widespread public availability of suppressors (silencers), a pet project of his son Donald Trump Jr. who characterizes the use of silencers as a "health issue" because loud gunfire can cause hearing loss. This is insane!... and we can only expect this horrific situation we are saddled with to get even worse, if that is even imaginable.

As for the "people of the USA", there are a great many like me, a life long gun owner, sportsman and outdoorsman. As a young boy I was an award winning small bore rifle marksman and I was taught in the strictest terms about the responsibilities of gun ownership. I am a hunter, I shoot trap, skeet, sporting clays and have been involved in competitive target shooting. And I would defend my life and limb along with my loved ones from any serious threat to our physical safety with the last round but I have never had the slightest interest in owning military assault rifles which are nothing more than machines for mass killing. That's why they are called "assault rifles".

Guns have been around for a long time in this country but something has changed. Time was, - this one's good for ducks and this one's good for target and this one's good for deer and this one's good for police work. Now it's all about killing and aggression and "rights", along with some imaginary, politically expedient notion of our second amendment seized upon by opportunists, big business and a certain class of fanatics. Our founding fathers wrote our Constitution at a time when the highest technology in firearms was the flintlock rifle. They could not possibly conceive of a rifle that could discharge 500-650 high powered rounds per minute.

Last edited:
Lobbying i for one blame for a lot of grief, and i cant really think of a example where it was all joy that came out of it.

There is a long way between a Brown Bess / minie ball and Colts latest offerings.

The "sad" truth of the matter is that the "people of the USA" are not the ones to have chosen widespread availability of assault weapons. The National Rifle Association (NRA) and the major gun manufacturers who supply these mass killing machines have our politicians in their back pockets after spending enormous sums of money in campaign contributions and employing highly aggressive lobbyists to promoted their interests. They are one of the most powerful and rabid lobbying organizations on the planet. Sadly, our government is now almost entirely controlled by special interests to the detriment of our nation, and it's not just guns. And we have a president in office who has no concern for the welfare of his people and who would rather enable the gun lobby's crazier factions. In March, Trump quietly signed a resolution blocking an Obama-era rule that would have prevented an estimated 75,000 people with mental disorders from buying guns. The rule was part of former President Barack Obama's push to strengthen the federal background check system in the wake of the 2012 Newtown, Connecticut shooting. And now, there is a movement to pass a new law allowing the widespread public availability of suppressors (silencers), a pet project of his son Donald Trump Jr. who characterizes this use of silencers as a "health issue" because loud gunfire can cause hearing loss. This is insane!... and we can only expect this horrific situation we are saddled with to get even worse, if that is even imaginable.

As for the "people of the USA", there are a great many like me, a life long gun owner, sportsman and outdoorsman. As a young boy I was an award winning small bore rifle marksman and I was taught in the strictest terms about the responsibilities of gun ownership. I am a hunter, I shoot trap, skeet, sporting clays and have been involved in competitive target shooting. And I would defend my life and limb along with my loved ones from any serious threat to our physical safety with the last round but I have never had the slightest interest in owning military assault rifles which are nothing more than machines for mass killing. That's why they are called "assault rifles".

Guns have been around for a long time in this country but something has changed. Time was, - this one's good for ducks and this one's good for target and this one's good for deer and this one's good for police work. Now it all about killing and aggression somehow, along with some imaginary, politically expedient notion of our second amendment seized upon by opportunists, big business and a certain class of fanatics. Our founding fathers wrote our Constitution at a time when the highest technology in firearms was the flintlock rifle. They could not possibly conceive of a rifle that could discharge 500-650 high powered rounds a minute.
Your country claims to be a democracy, so if the people actually want to end the mass killings then they could do so.
Between 2001 and 2013, 406,496 people died as a result of gun violence in America according to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
After the last mass killing in the UK the people spoke and we banned all automatic weapons. That ban had almost no impact on use of guns for sports, just means that after firing you need to reload manually, and if you decide to use the weapon against people then you are unlikely to manage to kill more than one, the rest will either escape or attack you while you are reloading. That was last century, we don't have mass shootings any more.

I actually saw a very interesting TV program a few weeks ago about the Wesson brothers and Colt in the good old days, sadly info from that program was not something my selective brain seem to store.
Not even being the gun freak that i am.

You o
Your country claims to be a democracy, so if the people actually want to end the mass killings then they could do so.

After the last mass killing in the UK the people spoke and we banned all automatic weapons. That ban had almost no impact on use of guns for sports, just means that after firing you need to reload manually, and if you decide to use the weapon against people then you are unlikely to manage to kill more than one, the rest will either escape or attack you while you are reloading. That was last century, we don't have mass shootings any more.

You obviously missed my point (and it would hardly be the first time) which is that our government seems to be in the hands of special interests these days and this sad fact is undermining our democracy. Also, FWIW, many here don't wish to end up like the UK which in numerous aspects is now a de facto police and surveillance state.

Also, FWIW, many here don't wish to end up like the UK which in numerous aspects is now a de facto police and surveillance state.
How do you work that out, you have nearly twice the police numbers that we do relative to population!

USA cops per million citizens: 3449
UK police per million citizens: 2028
UK armed police per million citizens: 86

headlinejpg.jpg

Perfect example of using statistics out of context to prove 'something'. Without knowing the specifics this is absolutely meaningless on it's own. It's even more suspect given the author of this tidbit is a special interest activist using this type of 'statistical analysis' to promote his biased viewpoint.

That's all a bit out of date!

Only 1 surveillance camera per 11 people, must be a lot more than that now :)
And all with public support ;)

Every police traffic car has a surveillance camera, with automatic number plate recognition, very useful in catching all the uninsured and banned drivers still on the roads. Police officers now have body cameras, very useful in making sure that we can surveil them :D

I think we are all throwing mud while living in a custard house, no need to dwell too much on these things on a internet forum.

I dont mind saying what i think about American or UK or anybody matters, but i always make sure to let it be known that's what i think as a outsider, and i dont say stuff to insult anyone or start a argument.
And i know some times i open my mouth where i should have kept it shut, but i am also sure if people on the other side are able to put them self in my place they will be able to at least see why i find so and so strange or at times almost alien.

And that's the base for any sound debate, the ability to see matters from the other parts perspective, at least that's what i think

Back