Viofo A119 Car DVR factory sample tests

jokiin is right, is better no gaps no overlaps.
As I wrote it have maybe the first firmware and I consider some features will be improved and for sure other will be added so is difficult for me to give a correct answer like locking files which can work in other way when camera will be as retail version.
But I will test what people is asking.

enjoy,
Mtz

Does the Viofo A119 come with battery or capacitor?

With capacitor. There will be no C version like on A118 and A118C.

enjoy,
Mtz

I like the idea of the A119 GPS mount with no cable. Hope they price it right and I will upgrade my A118 to A119. The A118 will be used as back dash cam.

I was always a fan of quick release mounts like Mini 0806 and I had this idea before Mini implemented it.
The non-GPS mount have not this option, the camera is connected directly from the right side to an angled USB cable. Being thicker, the non-GPS mount is keeping the camera closer to the windshield which means the most hidden possible position of a camera. The closer is the lens the upper can be mounted the camera just below black dots area. And under the lens is not a big part of the camera, just a tiny part, maybe 4-5 mm.
Another advantage of non-GPS mount is that the camera can enter between rearview mirror and windshield, in a place where the A118 could not fit.

enjoy,
Mtz

I look forward to seeing more about this camera, looks like it might be quite a step up from the A118C.

Will there be pre orders? Need to upgrade from a DR32 and have been looking at the a118c for a long time but lot's of people are having issues so I've been holding off on it. This looks nice, and much better. Glad there isn't an annoying buzzing noise constantly throughout the audio. Is there an estimated price in USD?

Will there be pre orders? Need to upgrade from a DR32 and have been looking at the a118c for a long time but lot's of people are having issues so I've been holding off on it. This looks nice, and much better. Glad there isn't an annoying buzzing noise constantly throughout the audio. Is there an estimated price in USD?
Keep in mind that with any device, you won't hear much from satisfied users. People only come here when they're either first learning about dashcam out of they have trouble. For all we know, there's 500 happy users with no trouble for every one on here having trouble with their camera. Unfortunately there's no way to know the numbers. Especially with generic cameras like this where the manufacturers don't share any real numbers with us.

I see on your YouTube page that you have video samples for the A119 going all the way back to 2014. I hope this is for real, a true successor to the A118 and I hope its coming some time in march like you said on page one. Plus, I too would like to know the price for it as well.

I see on your YouTube page that you have video samples for the A119 going all the way back to 2014. I hope this is for real, a true successor to the A118 and I hope its coming some time in march like you said on page one. Plus, I too would like to know the price for it as well.

The description for those says "A119: Novatek NT96550 + AR0330 (with capacitor)" so it was probably a very very early prototype.

I need 2015.03.18 viocam firmware, please some one share me thanks.

the A119 its bigger than the A118 ?

The mount it will be the same ?

How it will work the seamless recording its also 1-3-5 minutes recording.

or it will save the last 3 minutes of the recording when you press the save button

So although it has a quick release mount, am I right that it seems like you will have to change settings while it is still mounted due to it only getting power through the base?

Or are those contacts only for powering the GPS and the power for the unit is on the side you didn't show?

So although it has a quick release mount, am I right that it seems like you will have to change settings while it is still mounted due to it only getting power through the base?

Or are those contacts only for powering the GPS and the power for the unit is on the side you didn't show?
For GPS version, there are two USB ports can power on the camera, one is on the GPS base mount, another is on the camera side.

I hope come with power on delay setup.

We expect before running on diesel cars.

Coming cut running power and the camera turns off.

My english is not good sorry but check video and I hope u understand :)

Last edited:
Back