=>[NT96660]
=>[NT96663]
=>[NT96665]
=>[NT96668]
=>[NT96665YI]
=>[NT96668YI]
=>[NT96660YI]
=>[NT96022YI]

The header suggested 96660 but take your pick from those :)

Hi,
First post on here. I'd narrowed down my search to the A118 but then spotted this thread which I've been following.
Is it likely the A119 will be available in the UK shortly after launch? And will that launch be 1st March or a later date?
Many thanks for any help.
David

I added a day video test between XiaoYi Yi and Viofo A119, cloudy and dusk time. Some screnshots from comparison:

View attachment 21104 View attachment 21105

enjoy,
Mtz
I personally like the Yi's video quality, both day and night time. Also, looks like Yi has a wider angle lens. Another nice feature of Yi is its WiFi and app function. Nevertheless, I still will go with a A119 because of its form factor.

I need this camera like yesterday. When is it going to be for sale here in the states?

Will this come with a 21:9 aspect ratio? Would love if it did. :D Hopefully 2560x1080@60fps. I may be asking too much.

That's one for @Mtz or @jokiin may know if the 96660 is capable of that.

If it's the OV4689 in the A119 then the OV4689 I think can do 4Mpixel at 90fps but I don't know if the 96660 could do that - I think it maxes out at 1080p 60fps

That's one for @Mtz or @jokiin may know if the 96660 is capable of that.

If it's the OV4689 in the A119 then the OV4689 I think can do 4Mpixel at 90fps but I don't know if the 96660 could do that - I think it maxes out at 1080p 60fps

not sure, not a combo I've worked with

i thought i'd read that the a119 has a sony image sensor. @viofo can you confirm?
Currently we will focus on OV4689 version first, we will share more info in near future.

For OV4689 version, the version without GPS is almost ready, but we are still working on the GPS version.
We will offer some samples for DCT user for the OV4689 version without GPS soon.

That's the one I'm after, the non-GPS model, so I guess I should hold out for this new A119 rather than the old A118.

I appreciate I'm new here so others would have priority for samples, but I'd be pleased to be offered one for trial.

Do you have a ball-park estimate for when the GPS version will go on sale ( I'm resident in the UK ) ? Taking delivery of a new car at the beginning of April and would really like to install one of these instead of re-installing my existing mini0806s.
I would be more than happy to beta test one of these for you, I've been using dash cams for a few years now so should be able to give you good feedback...

Currently we will focus on OV4689 version first, we will share more info in near future.

For OV4689 version, the version without GPS is almost ready, but we are still working on the GPS version.
We will offer some samples for DCT user for the OV4689 version without GPS soon.

I am in the US and have been using car cam for a few years with different models. I am also happy to beta test.

Currently we will focus on OV4689 version first,

OV4689 first IMX206 second maybe? Interesting. Isn't the Git2 a IMX206 + NT96660?

Last edited:
IMX206 isn't good for dashcam usage because is not good in low light. And I expect Viofo don't want to tell future versions because of competition.

You saw I have a working sample and compared to other manufacturers which are announcing some model on our forum so many time before any product release, they were silent until first sample was working.

enjoy,
Mtz

IMX206 isn't good for dashcam usage because is not good in low light. And I expect Viofo don't want to tell future versions because of competition.

You saw I have a working sample and compared to other manufacturers which are announcing some model on our forum so many time before any product release, they were silent until first sample was working.

enjoy,
Mtz
Yes, I was speculating. I didn't expect an official answer regarding future versions before the first is released.

I was wondering if a higher pixel 16m sensor would be better for a frame capture and crop to see license plate numbers better in finer detail.

Yes, I was speculating. I didn't expect an official answer regarding future versions before the first is released.

I was wondering if a higher pixel 16m sensor would be better for a frame capture and crop to see license plate numbers better in finer detail.
maybe during the day, but at night a higher resolution sensor will perform WORSE than a lower resolution sensor if both sensors are the same physical size. this is because the pixels on the lower rez sensor are larger, and thus able to collect more light when there isn't much light to begin with. we can see this in the git1 and git2 action cameras - git1 is only a 2mp sensor, and git2 is 16mp. git1 does better at night, but git2 has higher resolutions, higher frame rates, and gyro stabilization, none of which the git1 has.

maybe during the day, but at night a higher resolution sensor will perform WORSE than a lower resolution sensor if both sensors are the same physical size. this is because the pixels on the lower rez sensor are larger, and thus able to collect more light when there isn't much light to begin with. we can see this in the git1 and git2 action cameras - git1 is only a 2mp sensor, and git2 is 16mp. git1 does better at night, but git2 has higher resolutions, higher frame rates, and gyro stabilization, none of which the git1 has.

Thanks, that makes sense that the Git2 would go with more pixels for predomantly daytime use. In side-by-side video comparisons I am not seeing much difference between the 4mp and Sony 16mp. Both are similarly sharp at full resolutions to me. I've seen a few hit-and-runs that getting a good plate image in day and night is a primary function of an cam I buy.

That digital gyro stabilzation on the Git2 is producing some very smooth video. Almost like a budget steadycam.

Back