VIOFO A119 PRO Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Mine now flashed to MOD 7 etc.

Will be trying it this week in hopefully daylight and night.

BTW, do you have a mod for the WR1?

Mine now flashed to MOD 7 etc.

Will be trying it this week in hopefully daylight and night.

BTW, do you have a mod for the WR1?
MOD-07 for 1440P resolution = 27.1Mbps // 1080P = 20Mbps
MOD-07c for 1440P resolution = 27.1Mbps // 1080P = 24Mbps (Beta testing limit, probably crash)

Took quick look at WR1 firmware, official version haven't been changed for over 9 months. Data structure is similar so MODs should be possible.
Maximum Bit Rate is 12Mbps, can boost to 15,18,20 but testing needed for stability.

Wait a minute. Will the official firmware do some of your tweaks to get a better video image? @BCHobbyist

BC, think I've found a bug in Mod 7 (Stable).

If you select the resolution as 1440P30, then edit the menu, you get 1440P30.

If you select the resolution as 1440P30, then go through all the other menu items setting them to want you want, then exit at the end of the menu, the camera reverts to 1080P30 on screen, and when you re-enter the menu, the resolution menu confirms the camera is at 1080P30, even though you previously set 1440P30.

If you select the resolution as 1440P30, then go through all the other menu items setting them to want you want, then exit at the end of the menu, the camera reverts to 1080P30 on screen, and when you re-enter the menu, the resolution menu confirms the camera is at 1080P30, even though you previously set 1440P30.

probably a good idea to install the original firmware and try the same and see if it exists as a bug there also

I'll let someone else do that as only just put Mod 7 (stable) on!

I've seen it at least 4 times with MOD-07 on A119 pro, reported to @Hobbyist once but had to re-do the video.

good catch, Always report BUGs to me,
believe that is old bug from original firmware affecting all 4 dashcam models, my MODs haven't touched MENUs (yet) other than the Firmware Version display string.

Wait a minute. Will the official firmware do some of your tweaks to get a better video image? @BCHobbyist
Guaranteed VIOFO will copy then slightly modify many if not all of my adjustments and MODs into next Firmware Release, they'd be crazy not to, we've done 1 years worth of IQ testing in 22 days.
The #1 reason I started modifying A119S firmware wasn't to REDUCE sharpness it was the 5 character string DEMO1, so hacked it for use as embedded ID tag to verify our MOD versions that took me 1 day, VIOFO 2 years and still no change.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119s-firmware-bug-report.27701/post-320068

No manufacturer enjoys seeing their Firmware modified but with video improvement evidence you must admit someone higher up is missing the ball. Next MOD = Hot Pixel Fix.

This is MOD7 on mine today...

(FWA119P_MOD-07_v1.31+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE.bin (file is edited for convenience of viewing))

Wow something odd going on there.

What I'm seeing appears at 1st to be too short a shutter duration, characterised by moving objects jumping down the road, but could more likely be frame drops in this instance, especially as the objects in question, the cars next to yours aren't moving quickly. Secondly, there then appears to be some kind of time slip issue. Although I understand video quite well, I'm not familiar enough with key frame information to understand the cause here. However, there's obviously some kind of frame / time issue and I'm inclined to think, given the starting scenario, that frames are being dropped so the duration is becoming compressed as a result. Question here whether maybe the data rate is overflowing the buffer? Maybe some kind of bug that's allowing higher than 27mps video? Other alternative that springs to mind is if the bottleneck is at the SD card, maybe it's on it's way out or of insufficient speed to allow a 27mbs write.

Wow something odd going on there.

What I'm seeing appears at 1st to be too short a shutter duration, characterised by moving objects jumping down the road, but could more likely be frame drops in this instance, especially as the objects in question, the cars next to yours aren't moving quickly. Secondly, there then appears to be some kind of time slip issue. Although I understand video quite well, I'm not familiar enough with key frame information to understand the cause here. However, there's obviously some kind of frame / time issue and I'm inclined to think, given the starting scenario, that frames are being dropped so the duration is becoming compressed as a result. Question here whether maybe the data rate is overflowing the buffer? Maybe some kind of bug that's allowing higher than 27mps video? Other alternative that springs to mind is if the bottleneck is at the SD card, maybe it's on it's way out or of insufficient speed to allow a 27mbs write.
I believe you call that video editing time shift effect to speed up the traffic light or Artistic License or Tardis MOD-7eeeeeeee

I will edit the files to be just as they were without the speedup bits and post that tonight.

Moderator will shortly move all related A119PRO Modified Firmware posts and shared footage to this new thread location.

The popularity of the Modified Firmware topic has filled the last 4 pages of main Firmware A119PRO thread and looks to cause further chaos.
This last post on the subject will remain with link to new MOD home:
A119 PRO Modified Firmware MODs Archive = https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a119-pro-modified-firmware-mods-archive.35825/

Big thank you to everyone that supports this work to improve our Dashcams and generate some excitement along the way, see you on the other side.
Kudos to Moderator for moving 4 more pages of posts. (will do the same for remaining A129 soon)

I believe you call that video editing time shift effect to speed up the traffic light or Artistic License or Tardis MOD-7eeeeeeee

I wasn't aware Paul had edited it this way. Usually files are rendered and put up "as is" for the quality assessment. Sorry BC. In that case, yes frames are dropped / time stretched in the editor!

This is the unedited version (apart joining two files together, as it ran into the end of one and the start of another:

I just flashed my A119 Pro with the FWA119P_MOD-7c_v1.31+27Mbps+Sharp34+Edge178+DICE, setting all the fundamental menu settings,
when i double click the "menu bottom" it hangs..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dwfsiyh52ajsxas/V_20180824_205133.mp4?dl=0

re-flashed to MOD-7 and back to normal again !
Excellent BUG report, complete with pictures and sound! exactly what we need for Beta testing.
Now confirmed: A119PRO 1080P 60fps & 30fps do NOT support 24Mbps <--- MOD-7e removed (should have been in Beta folder but I wanted faster testing DOH! NOT!)

Back