7Lc now loaded and looking ok on the screen.

I have set it to TS mode - must say I don't know if it will look better than mp4?

7Lc now loaded and looking ok on the screen.

I have set it to TS mode - must say I don't know if it will look better than mp4?
7Lc will produce highest detail, I have no idea if we can notice improvement in quality comparing MP4 vs TS. Main reason to use TS format is for greater viewing compatibility on various devices.

"The video quality of MP4 and TS files are the same." (c)

correct, the files are still H.264, only the container differs, it's not about compatibility either, MP4 is compatible with more devices, TS (transport stream, It is used in broadcast systems such as DVB, ATSC and IPTV ) is a bit by bit approach and you can pull power at anytime and the file will still be playable whereas with other containers like MOV or MP4 if the file is not closed you lose the whole segment, using TS you don't need any backup battery or capacitors and can still have perfectly playable files, the only minor downside is less editing and playback options

7Lc will produce highest detail, I have no idea if we can notice improvement in quality comparing MP4 vs TS. Main reason to use TS format is for greater viewing compatibility on various devices.
As jokiin said, TS is good only if your supercaps are broken and video files can not be saved properly as MP4 requires.

enjoy,
Mtz

As jokiin said, TS is good only if your supercaps are broken and video files can not be saved properly as MP4 requires.

enjoy,
Mtz

there may come some point in time when you're well out of warranty and your supercaps fail, the ability to select TS as an option means the camera can keep on working

have 4 videos A119_7F + A119P_7Lc 1440P & 1080P@60, WDR Off, +CPL, EV 0, rainy.
Very odd, its heavy rain here also and bad for business! I appreciate your organized online MP4 archive system of sharing.
Thanks for the RAW footage, reviewed many times and seems 7Lc is brighter and slightly clearer but could be thinner clouds at the time. Looks almost like you took CPL off for the 7Lc test, do you confirm its the winner in the rain?

Very odd, its heavy rain here also and bad for business! I appreciate your organized online MP4 archive system of sharing.
Thanks for the RAW footage, reviewed many times and seems 7Lc is brighter and slightly clearer but could be thinner clouds at the time. Looks almost like you took CPL off for the 7Lc test, do you confirm its the winner in the rain?
yes.
smile3.gif

but it also 2 years old A119 vs 2 months old A119 Pro.
smile3.gif

do you have any software to combine 2 videos in one clip one on top of the other? the difference will be visible right away.

Last edited:
yes.
smile3.gif

but it also 2 years old A119 vs 2 months old A119 Pro.
smile3.gif

do you have any software to combine 2 videos in one clip one on top of the other? the difference will be visible right away.
Currently testing MODs for adjusting A119 brightness and contrast levels which can be applied to all DVR models. The new Lenses make a huge difference.

that's a 3 minutes 600mb file!
swoon.gif

how many people would try to download it?!
smile3.gif

lol most people have high speed internet. I will switch to 1 minute clips on future tests.

that's a 3 minutes 600mb file!
swoon.gif

how many people would try to download it?!
smile3.gif
I collect all DashCamTEAM footage for historical preservation and future entertainment value.
but yes, 600MB !! only have 7TB remaining!

Thanks BCHobbiyist for the firmware. I have moved from my A119S to the A119 PRO and back to sharp video. Here is a clip from today (yes I am a bit of an aggressive driver lol), wait for the suv that cuts me off. Will be testing out 6LC now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/86ecq80ao74ffjr/2018_0910_184402_132.MP4?dl=0
That is by far the clearest pouring rain footage i've seen from any DVR, you Sir have a perfectly focused A119Pro Lens and I want it! also that is the best sounding fog horn I ever heard!
Requesting permission to use this v1.31 MOD-7c footage in next A119Pro World Tour video.

Last edited:
That is by far the clearest pouring rain footage i've seen from any DVR, you Sir have a perfectly focused A119Pro Lens and I want it! also that is the best sounding fog horn I ever heard!
Requesting permission to use this v1.31 MOD-7c footage in next A119Pro World Tour video.

you may use it. Its stock horn though, 2017 Mercedes C43 AMG

Back