VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

You used the latest firmware? Do you know why it prompt format warning?
Yes, I'm using the latest firmware.
The prompt was gone initially.
I think it was due to new card.
I formatted in the computer and put it in.
I have formatted it in the camera now to see if the prompt goes away.
Regardless, prompt shouldn't stop recording.
We will miss footage for days as no one checks whether it has prompt or not before driving and no beeps either.

I think it was due to new card.
I formatted in the computer and put it in.

had this card been formatted in the PC and started doing this from the first time it was in the camera after that, or it worked for some time and then prompted the format?

what card, make and model?

had this card been formatted in the PC and started doing this from the first time it was in the camera after that, or it worked for some time and then prompted the format?

what card, make and model?
Yes, it was the first time I put it in this camera but was used in different dashcam.
I formatted before putting in.
The card is a 64GB Toshiba Exceria.
A119 recorded fine as soon as I canceled the prompt so obviously it can record and card is fine.

After I formatted the card in A119 itself, I haven't seen the prompt so far, twice I started vehicle.
So even if it was prompting for new card format, it's still bad that it waits forever.
It should at least record video in the background while prompting.

Default windows.

ok, Windows will format exFAT, the camera will format it FAT32 which explains the prompt not going away, even if it can write to exFAT I think you will find recycling is a problem so it still needs to be formatted, it should have beeps added so you can't miss the prompt

ok, Windows will format exFAT, the camera will format it FAT32 which explains the prompt not going away, even if it can write to exFAT I think you will find recycling is a problem so it still needs to be formatted, it should have beeps added so you can't miss the prompt
Yes, it should beep when it's prompting.
It beeps when recording is stopped but not while prompting.
Also, these kinds of reminder should never stop recording.
It's fine to beep/overlay format text but recording should not ever stop unless it can't write at all to the card.

It's fine to beep/overlay format text but recording should not ever stop unless it can't write at all to the card.

I think in this case it should stop and make you format though as the recording will fail at some point when it can't recycle, you don't want it to be like the snooze button on your alarm clock where you just keep hitting it and never get up until it's too late

@jokiin, I know that it's no-brainer not to format card properly, but this time i agree with @Sunny suggestion. Warning should not stop recording, as long as is is technically possible. But this warning should not go away, unless problem is fixed! This way user don't loose important footage while he is forced to bare with constant beeping and bright onscreen prompt until problem is fixed.

@jokiin, I know that it's no-brainer not to format card properly, but this time i agree with @Sunny suggestion. Warning should not stop recording, as long as is is technically possible. But this warning should not go away, unless problem is fixed! This way user don't loose important footage while he is forced to bare with constant beeping and bright onscreen prompt until problem is fixed.

if you don't format you risk not recording at some stage and then having to format and lose what you do have recorded already to keep going, that's not ideal at all

if you don't format you risk not recording at some stage and then having to format and lose what you do have recorded already to keep going, that's not ideal at all
I see your approach, you try to have clean start, but the world is actually less then ideal, don't take that last hope of capturing important frame. I see no problem in loosing all the footage, unless something critical is captured.

I see your approach, you try to have clean start, but the world is actually less then ideal, don't take that last hope of capturing important frame. I see no problem in loosing all the footage, unless something critical is captured.

if for example the person kept ignoring the prompt as the camera would fall back and start to record what about when it gets to the stage where it can recycle but you're driving along thinking it's recording but it has already reached the end of the card, your accident happens after that point, what then?

Feature Request: Enable beep/chime upon shutdown

This type of feature has been helpful in the past, and helps me detect when there are power issues (power supplies do go bad, overloaded, etc.), and when it's safe to remove the microSD card.

I just want to reiterate how important it is to have this feature in a public release ASAP.

It will tell us if the capacitors are working properly, or if there are any other power issues.

Paying attention to the LEDs is just impossible for many of us who have the rear view mirror blocking the unit.

Reactions: Mtz
if for example the person kept ignoring the prompt as the camera would fall back and start to record what about when it gets to the stage where it can recycle but you're driving along thinking it's recording but it has already reached the end of the card, your accident happens after that point, what then?
I see pluses and minuses in both approaches. Probably there is nothing to reinvent, especially since i see no complains from other users :)

I just want to reiterate how important it is to have this feature in a public release ASAP.
It will tell us if the capacitors are working properly, or if there are any other power issues.
Paying attention to the LEDs is just impossible for many of us who have the rear view mirror blocking the unit.
It would be nice to have individual control both on startup and shutdown sounds. Could be additional option menus:
|Startup Sound| -> (Default jingle / Beep / Silent).
|Shutdown Sound| -> (Default jingle / Beep / Silent).

I believe this is not available at the moment due to a limitation with the SDK. I would like to see this option though too. Hopefully they will be able to work this out with Novatek soon.

Just in case there are more A119+GPS users with a similar problem:

@traveler. Hi John thanks for the information. I've made progress and now I can see the GPS position and speed but only the position and speed at the END of the file.
While the video happily goes through the paces, both the speed and the position remain fixed at a value that corresponds to the last value in that particular file.
When the video changes to the following file or any other file, the speed and position also change but again remains fixed through the length of the file.
I've downloaded the GPS data and it shows 300 lines with the same position and speed.
Distance and bearing are always zero.
The listed dates are wrong.
The listed times are also wrong but they do change increasing 1 second per line.

The discussion is in:https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mac-viewer-for-a119-gps.21418/

Hi, Could I just report that the file corrupted issue.

I did many test today,

I found that if I turn on both LDWS and FCWS, the last file was always failed.

I also tested turning off those two options and there's no problem at all.

I did many test today,

This is helpful for @viofo

I did many test today,

Are you recording in 1080p or 1440p when you turn on LDWS and FCWS?

Are you recording in 1080p or 1440p when you turn on LDWS and FCWS?
I had them on before and didn't notice any bad file.

Even if it's 1440p when those features don't work, last file should be saved properly but will help narrow down software issue to find out if it does that in all resolutions.

Back