VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

Thanks mate. Then I'll just enable it and see how it works

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Great then! Maybe a shortcut of two buttons or something.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

It would be nice if we could sync the timestamp to our computer

Maybe it is good to change the 1s to 3s, seems 1s is too short.
OK, but keep the 1s option.

Also I agree with:
- some short beep at shutdown, not the default Novatek one. Also this sound to be enabled or not in camera settings. Some people want no sound and no display On .

No agree with:
- press button to enable Motion Detect. The biggest problem is not to enable it, but how to stop it. I consider not OK that when you are coming back to car to remember to press some button to use the camera as a normal dashcam. The main feature of a dashcam is to start and stop automatically, to set and forget it.
For people who want to use Motion Detect the best advice is to let it always working, is doing a great job.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree with that.
The dvr is allways on anyway.
Its draining the battery.
Just buy 128GB card.

Out of the blue my A119 has developed a problem where the screen flickers whenever it is on, I had not changed any settings or updated the firmware in between it being OK and not OK. No sudden hot weather periods. It's been working fine up until last week but the flicker now seems to be permanent. I have tried changing the frequency between 50hz/60hz but it makes no difference. The flicker is not so severe that you can't read the screen but it is very annoying and tiring on the eyes.
Is this a reason to return for repair/replacement maybe?

@Rifleman - Did you do anything with your USB cable or power adapter that powers your unit? Today I replaced my front Mobius cam with the A119 and suddenly the display started flickering. I discovered that the problem was with the long USB cable I was using. I tested the A119 with the cable that runs to my rear cam and also had the flickering. Then I tested it with a short USB cable and no problem. Next I tested it with the long USB cable that came with the A119 and no problem.

I determined that likely the two long USB cables I already had routed around the windshields in my car had smaller gauge wire that don't supply enough current to adequately power the A119. I pulled out the long cable I already had up front and replaced it with the long cable that came with the A119 and all is fine.

Hello guys. I have bought A119 last week ans as soon as it arrived on Friday I have updated firmware, I have also Lexar 128Gb camera. It was recording video and sound when I opened it but after firmware update it only records sound and no video. I have deleted all videos from a card (it was only couple short videos from testing camera), came outside inserted sd card, turned on camera and tried to record video, it was ok. Next morning it was fine too, but I was driving all weekend and I have found that all files doesn't have any video, just sound. What can it be? thanks

Hi,

I just noticed the Cam saves only the file from the moment the button was pressed.

So I just ran into the problem that I pressed the button just a few seconds after a new file (3Min Loop) was created and the important scene was not saved.

Will there be any option to store the file before and after too?

don't forget that this "emergency button" feature is not really useful nowadays, because current memory cards have big size ( 64, 128 Gb ) for a cheap price, the scenario of a loss of important videos is very unlikely,

and more important : the concept of loop recording means that only the most old file is erased when memory card is full, that implies you will have more time to backup the important videos files in your PC,

there is no "emergency" when a big memory card allows you to record 14 hours of videos, if an important event occurs then that means you will have 14 hours before this scene will be deleted ( if you never stop driving, so in reality you will have much more time, probably several weeks if your ride does not last long )

Last edited:
Im using a 16GB Card (yes they are still around ;) and my old cam had the option to lock the files before and after so you could set it to one minute and could be sure the file with the scene was locked.

I liked the function... maybe viofo could note it as a feature request

Try the same thing with 1080p 30fps setting and check.

enjoy,
Mtz

Need to fix translation on Russian language. In some places the errors and it is annoying and degrades the quality of the product in the eyes of buyers. Some menu items need to be fixed and named in the following way: "1-Разрешение 2-12-OK 13-GPS инфо 14-Название устройства 15-Запись звука 16-23-OK 24-Предупреждение о форматир. 25-OK 26-Номер автомобиля 27-Свой текст 28-OK"
I hope this can be corrected in the next firmware.

I think is better to write on the left what is now and wrong and on the right the correct string. In this way the developer can use find and replace, for example:

??? .... Разрешение
??? .... OK
??? .... GPS инфо
??? .... Название устройства
??? .... Запись звука
??? .... Предупреждение о форматир
??? .... Свой текст

enjoy,
Mtz

Finished in an easy to read format. Bold the points you want to change compared to the current version.
1 - Resolution - Разрешение
2 - Loop recording - Цикл записи (мин)
3 - Exposure - Экспозиция
4 - WDR - WDR
5 - Time-lapse Record - Интервальная Съемка
6 - Motion Detection - Распознавание Движения
7 - GPS - GPS
8 - Speed Unit - Мера Скорости
9 - G-sensor - G-sensor
10 - LDWS - LDWS
11 - FCWS - FCWS
12 - Date Stamp - Штамп Дата/Время
13 - GPS Info Stamp - Штамп GPS Инфо
14 - Model Stamp - Название Устройства
15 - Record Audio - Запись Звука
16 - Screen Saver - Screen Saver
17 - LED - LED
18 - Date/Time - Дата/Время
19 - Time Zone - Часовой Пояс
20 - Language - Язык
21 - Beep Sound - Звук Клавиш
22 - Frequency - Частота Освещения
23 - Format - Форматирование
24 - Format Warning - Предупреждать о Формат.
25 - Default Settings - Сброс Настроек
26 - CarNo - Номер Автомобиля
27 - Customize Text - Свой Текст
28 - Version - Версия ПО

Back