VIOFO A119 (production) feature requests and bug reports

LDWS/FCWS only works in 1080P 30fps mode due to hardware limitation

source: http://www.viofo.com/content/6-a119-dash-camera-firmware-update

So I tested that in 1080P with LDWS and FCWS, last file failed

I also tested in 1296P 30fps without LDWS and FCWS, and all good.
I know they don't work in 1440p. I thought it might help to diagnose the issue to know what resolution you were using. Thought maybe using 1440p with those unsupported features might be causing some issue.

Out of the blue my A119 has developed a problem where the screen flickers whenever it is on, I had not changed any settings or updated the firmware in between it being OK and not OK. No sudden hot weather periods. It's been working fine up until last week but the flicker now seems to be permanent. I have tried changing the frequency between 50hz/60hz but it makes no difference. The flicker is not so severe that you can't read the screen but it is very annoying and tiring on the eyes.
Is this a reason to return for repair/replacement maybe?

do you run it with the screen on all the time?
Regarding the A119 plus GPS I don't think the G sensor is working because when I tap it quite hard with a pen it should activate the yellow triangle which tells me the file is being saved. And I set the G sensor to high sensitivity. I compared it to my SG9665GC v2 and when I tap the SG it activates the G sensor. Would that get corrected with the next firmware update. Or is that a defect and if it is back it goes.

Regarding the A119 plus GPS I don't think the G sensor is working because when I tap it quite hard with a pen it should activate the yellow triangle which tells me the file is being saved. And I set the G sensor to high sensitivity. I compared it to my SG9665GC v2 and when I tap the SG it activates the G sensor. Would that get corrected with the next firmware update. Or is that a defect and if it is back it goes.
They are working on it now. Should be in the next update.

They are working on it now. Should be in the next update.
Great service too bad u are not on Amazon.Ca because as u told me logistic nightmare. I contacted Spy Tec where I bought it and they have no clue.

Can I just check if A119 has any image stabilization capabilities built in.

Will I be able to lock a recorded file with G-Sensor disabled?

Last edited:
I have not seen anybody ask, is there a chance to get a "3 seconds" option added for Display Timeout? "1 second" can get annoying at times.

I have not seen anybody ask, is there a chance to get a "3 seconds" option added for Display Timeout? "1 second" can get annoying at times.
Maybe it is good to change the 1s to 3s, seems 1s is too short.

My unit arrived yesterday. I connected it to a supplementary car connector (hidden in the back of the console), with a Nokia 2x1A charger. 1A is enough, cause the DVR unit works normally. The cable was long enough to install the DVR in the back of the mirror. Overall all good.

1. May I ask why is using a mini USB instead of a micro USB?
2. Is it possible to activate the parking mode without entering the menu and all that? A shortcut, something.
3. On the videos taken at night I observed some dead pixels. Is that ok or the sensors has a problem?

PS: I hope on A120 you'll design a dedicated button only to enable the parking mode and why not, a connector for an external rechargeable battery/condenser, from which to to use the power in parking mode, when not available from the car charger.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

2. Is it possible to activate the parking mode without entering the menu and all that? A shortcut, something.

There is no "Parking Mode" in the A119.

You can activate the "Motion Detection Mode" and it will be active anytime the A119 is powered up.

RodeoGeorge

You're right, sorry!
Ok, is there any way to activate the Motion Detection mode without entering the menu? It would be useful.

You're right, sorry!
Ok, is there any way to activate the Motion Detection mode without entering the menu? It would be useful.

I'm using motion detect 24/7 with success. by that, I mean there are never any gaps in my recording when on a drive. no missing recordings even when stopped in traffic.

You're right, sorry!

Not yet, but Viofo has talked about maybe adding that feature in a future firmware version.

Back