VIOFO A119S Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Which firmware will be best for night time with lots of lights and detail as I have something special to post later this evening.

Here are some clips from BETA MOD-7H_v1.01+27.5Mbps+CrispIQ-H

Trip through Osborne Village, should give a good colour spectrum.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MNcFiiN80FiXvEDL08-YeCe-RP4myi2d

The permanent crap construction that is Pembina highway. 3 lane down to 1, lucky not much traffic my way. Should be good for motion with all of the pylons.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17bFB1JYGffY4bZiqh0gjhIcodq4jp6gs
Thanks for footage, looks much better with CPL. My center console is shiny so had to cover with cloth to prevent bright reflections at top of daytime footage. The O-Village always has charm and colour, good choice for saturation test. Finally fixing that ancient Pembina Hwy underpass, good clear footage. I actually Like that slightly higher tweaked 7H, try 7Hb later for comparison, both should be close to Custom-7G. Do you realize we have more old v1.01 firmware MODs than anything else? Why hasn't anyone asked for more work on v2.61 ??? interesting, the old is new again.

Which firmware will be best for night time with lots of lights and detail as I have something special to post later this evening.
Currently have Requested MOD = FWA119S_Req02_Custom-7G_v1.01+27.5Mbps+Sharp36+Edge178+Sat10.bin
or newer Beta Combo MOD = FWA119S_MOD-7Hb_v1.01+27.5Mbps+CrispIQ-H.bin
both are excellent at night, see my footage above for 5H.
Probably don't need 27.5Mbps for night footage, will upload Custom-5G
FWA119S_Req04_Custom-5G_v1.01+25Mbps+Sharp36+Edge178+Sat10.bin <--- saved to Requested MODs folder

Last edited:
I will try this .> FWA119S_MOD-7Hb_v1.01+27.5Mbps+CrispIQ-H.bin

Thanks for footage, looks much better with CPL. My center console is shiny so had to cover with cloth to prevent bright reflections at top of daytime footage. The O-Village always has charm and colour, good choice for saturation test. Finally fixing that ancient Pembina Hwy underpass, good clear footage. I actually Like that slightly higher tweaked 7H, try 7Hb later for comparison, both should be close to Custom-7G. Do you realize we have more old v1.01 firmware MODs than anything else? Why hasn't anyone asked for more work on v2.61 ??? interesting, the old is new again.

Yeah, the CPL is a big improvement since my centre console and the angle/roundness of my windshield causes a ton of glare as well. It's not eliminated, but it helps a lot. The vignetting in the top left corner is kind of annoying me though, so I'm probably going to cut the housing to get rid of it.

I used to live in Osborne in the bright Roslyn building across from the Mac's about 15 years ago, so it's nice to drive through there every now and then.

I like the progress of 7H, colour accuracy is getting pretty good, and the colour still pops which I'm always a fan of. It's also definitely sharper than 7G, can see some pretty minute details at times. In the screenshot, I just paused the video and hit print screen. That tractor thing on the right is pretty crispy. You can see individual cables, lettering, etc. and I'm going 60kph.

I think we started to converge on 1.01 when we came to the realisation that you can only polish a turd so much :LOL:. As long as you don't need the features of 2.61, 1.01 is easily the way to go and it seems to be completely stable.

Attachments

• machine.jpg
    machine.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 33
Yeah, the CPL is a big improvement since my centre console and the angle/roundness of my windshield causes a ton of glare as well. It's not eliminated, but it helps a lot. The vignetting in the top left corner is kind of annoying me though, so I'm probably going to cut the housing to get rid of it.

I used to live in Osborne in the bright Roslyn building across from the Mac's about 15 years ago, so it's nice to drive through there every now and then.

I like the progress of 7H, colour accuracy is getting pretty good, and the colour still pops which I'm always a fan of. It's also definitely sharper than 7G, can see some pretty minute details at times. In the screenshot, I just paused the video and hit print screen. That tractor thing on the right is pretty crispy. You can see individual cables, lettering, etc. and I'm going 60kph.

I think we started to converge on 1.01 when we came to the realisation that you can only polish a turd so much :LOL:. As long as you don't need the features of 2.61, 1.01 is easily the way to go and it seems to be completely stable.
Over time the CPL glass disc will rotate slightly (indicated by more dash reflections on one side), but always mount CPL frame with wide slot up to prevent glass from dropping. Your vignetting could be poorly trimmed plastic cutout or the glass isn't fully seated in slot. Use your finger nail to push it from wide slot into bottom, but don't rotate it even slightly. If that CPL is perfectly aligned mark position with needle scratch center of smaller slot and black marker on glass edge. It moves more in hot weather and if you regularly detach CPL from dashcam.

My plan is to extract the major image control values from v1.01 and insert them into v2.61 for access to all new features.

Last edited:
(image reduced to 256 colors for web).

Why? 256 websafe colors limitations have been long deprecated since the early 90s. Even the cheapest generic mondern day monitors are capable of reproducing 24bits of colors. Dialing it down to 256 would just result in incorrect color reproduction.

Why? 256 websafe colors limitations have been long deprecated since the early 90s. Even the cheapest generic mondern day monitors are capable of reproducing 24bits of colors. Dialing it down to 256 would just result in incorrect color reproduction.
good eye, not many notice old references. This image used for street light glow difference, hardly need more than 256 colors for that, plus don't need a 1.3MB photo loaded each time this page is viewed, waste of bandwidth, 500KB PNG8 image good enough, probably could have used 150KB JPG. I still use my 14.4kb/s USRobotics dialup modem to view websites and do my part to keep DashCamTalk Forum running fast without excess bandwidth usage and costs.
Good to know others are keeping tabs on my work. watch my next post.

Поиск информации о местоположениях таблицы данных контроля качества изображений Novatek NT96660 для видеорегистратора VIOFO. Вы следите за моими сообщениями, да? Я только начал изменять прошивку в течение 30 дней. Многие из вас являются экспертами в этой области и собрали много данных.
Если вы можете оказать помощь, многие из них выиграют, да.
Свяжитесь со мной из личной беседы, спасибо.

Поиск информации о местоположениях таблицы данных контроля качества изображений Novatek NT96660 для видеорегистратора VIOFO. Вы следите за моими сообщениями, да? Я только начал изменять прошивку в течение 30 дней. Многие из вас являются экспертами в этой области и собрали много данных.
Если вы можете оказать помощь, многие из них выиграют, да.
Свяжитесь со мной из личной беседы, спасибо.
in russian the text below sounds much better, I think.
"Ищу информацию о местоположениях таблицы данных контроля качества изображений Novatek NT96660 для видеорегистратора VIOFO. Вы следите за моими сообщениями? Я только начал изменять прошивку в течение последних 30 дней. Многие из вас являются экспертами в этой области и собрали много данных.
Если вы cможете оказать мне помощь, многие из нас выиграют.
Не могли бы Вы связаться со мной для личной беседы?
Спасибо!"
smile3.gif

Some footage from the local beach resort as they turned the lights on tonight but the best parts had been CLOSED for some reason but here we go.

FWA119S_MOD-7Hb_v1.01+27.5Mbps+CrispIQ-H.bin 1080p 60fps with CPL
https://www.dropbox.com/s/claxhne20s61zhw/2018_0831_233520_011.MP4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebqb272v84wfcee/2018_0831_233620_012.MP4?dl=0

Standard 2.61 Firmware from viofo site. Default settings Inc CPL
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t4fdb0u4a4ajwuj/2018_0801_000605_005.MP4?dl=0
Fantastic night footage location, excellent!!
The contrast level on official FW v2.61 is lower and more pleasing, while the 7Hb higher contrast is brighter. Too bad we don't have Contrast control yet.
Official FW v2.61 wins at night over the old v1.01 7Hb unless you prefer a brighter scene.

good eye, not many notice old references. This image used for street light glow difference, hardly need more than 256 colors for that, plus don't need a 1.3MB photo loaded each time this page is viewed, waste of bandwidth, 500KB PNG8 image good enough, probably could have used 150KB JPG. I still use my 14.4kb/s USRobotics dialup modem to view websites and do my part to keep DashCamTalk Forum running fast without excess bandwidth usage and costs.
Good to know others are keeping tabs on my work. watch my next post.

I find png compresses a little way too much and may even create more artifacts. Does help to save space when archiving onto my 1.44mb floppy though. Appreciate the development of the mods!

a bit more messing around:
DTFWMODLogo.pngDTFWMODLogo3.png

Last edited:
One more unless someone has suggestions: (I'm no expert with logo making or even photoshop (in my case Paint.net))
DTFWMODLogo4.jpeg

If we get this logo just right, we might want it to have stay on a tad longer than it does. wonder where that code is buried in the file.

Back