VIOFO A119S Modified Firmware MODs Archive

One more unless someone has suggestions: (I'm no expert with logo making or even photoshop (in my case Paint.net))
View attachment 41206
Logo creation can be rewarding in more ways than one but gives me undo stress and increased keyboard breakage side affects.
Since all my MODs will work on most other Novatek based Dashcams, restricting the Logo to a single brand unjustly instills future burden and restricts wider application usefulness from the 1000's of design hours spent perfecting our Hooliganism.

RAmbKsn.gif

Hxx7oM9.gif

ZpLe84U.gif

Last edited:
If I am not wrong, the logo should have no more than 5kB. That means only a few letters or simple graphic, nothing too fancy.

If I am not wrong, the logo should have no more than 5kB. That means only a few letters or simple graphic, nothing too fancy.
I can resize any graphic to 320x240 and compress to file size 5.11kb or less, but quality and pixelation will occur but acceptable. Final Logo must be Jpeg format, no animation at this point. Text Logos are easiest but almost anything goes including 3D rendering and fancy shading as in @Falsificator example. In my opinion any modified firmware should by default replace the official logo to indicate a MOD is in use.

Here a few clips of Beta MOD 7Hb 1.01 + 27.5Mbps + CrispIQ - H

Settings: 1080p@30FPS + CPL + WDR Off + EV 0 + Frequency 60Hz

Bright day with blue sky. The trees looked fantastic!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DIbBhuh76jMTAyTM_11Q9nEBjI7Y9Oes
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pUQifvW5s4Dy817ly6an5Xf369xooG1Z

Dusk, with a nice sky. This is more of a rage video post though. The Audi in front of me had hazards on and purposely drove super slow down the middle of the road the whole way, and would not let anyone pass. There was literally a train of vehicles building up behind me because of this fool. I would close up and he would speed up a little bit, but make sure I couldn't get by. At times I wish it were bumper cars. Picture looks great though.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15bJe0awOS9f3NGouRnszaHhSC64d-l3o

Here a few clips of Beta MOD 7Hb 1.01 + 27.5Mbps + CrispIQ - H

Settings: 1080p@30FPS + CPL + WDR Off + EV 0 + Frequency 60Hz

Bright day with blue sky. The trees looked fantastic!
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DIbBhuh76jMTAyTM_11Q9nEBjI7Y9Oes
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1pUQifvW5s4Dy817ly6an5Xf369xooG1Z

Dusk, with a nice sky. This is more of a rage video post though. The Audi in front of me had hazards on and purposely drove super slow down the middle of the road the whole way, and would not let anyone pass. There was literally a train of vehicles building up behind me because of this fool. I would close up and he would speed up a little bit, but make sure I couldn't get by. At times I wish it were bumper cars. Picture looks great though.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15bJe0awOS9f3NGouRnszaHhSC64d-l3o
Great 7Hb v1.01 footage! ===> Q: what brand, size, model microSd card is that?
That 7Hb Beta looks better with @dacbuc suggestions using lower Edge Detection148 + Saturation15. Will probably need others to tweak revisions of this and v2.61 once the alternate Sharpness tables are tested further. Still searching for easiest way to adjust Contrast, Brightness, Gamma and White Balance. The official v2.61 is very good EXCEPT for the daytime over-sharpening and over-saturation.
I'd probably follow that Audi for a couple hours just for fun, he obviously likes a parade and eventually a cop would notice.

Last edited:
Hey guys have been flashing some modded firmwares. Love the 1.01 for one reason, it doesn't clip bassy audio as much as the newer firmware does. But guys I have a CPL filter and with most settings set to default except resolution (using 30fps instead of 60 fps) do you guys notice my video is focus is soft. Do you think I need to open it up and adjust the focus. Also it seems underexposed, but I noticed a lot of your guys videos with default settings and CPL look somewhat bright during the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyj2n7kywtjlme1/2018_0901_142151_008.MP4?dl=0

Hey guys have been flashing some modded firmwares. Love the 1.01 for one reason, it doesn't clip bassy audio as much as the newer firmware does. But guys I have a CPL filter and with most settings set to default except resolution (using 30fps instead of 60 fps) do you guys notice my video is focus is soft. Do you think I need to open it up and adjust the focus. Also it seems underexposed, but I noticed a lot of your guys videos with default settings and CPL look somewhat bright during the day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fyj2n7kywtjlme1/2018_0901_142151_008.MP4?dl=0
Welcome to the DashcamTalk Forum! Finally a brave guy from Toronto area that may aid our efforts in creating the Ultimate Dashcam World Tour with clips from the Mighty 401 at rush hour!
Viewed your footage, images near edges are focused, center is blurry. Always start with clean DVR Lens and clean windshield inside and out. Good idea to take test video holding Dashcam pointing out window to confirm its not windshield. Probably Focus adjustment required, counter-clockwise Lens twist 0.5mm holding Lens outward. (explain full procedure later, must fully understand before disassembly).
Suggest returning A119S for new Focused unit if recently purchased, else we're here to help with your A119S adjustments, repairs and MODs.

@mau108
Defocusing the lens 100%
Need tuning and see in which holder the lens, metal or plastic is installed.

Welcome to the DashcamTalk Forum! Finally a brave guy from Toronto area that may aid our efforts in creating the Ultimate Dashcam World Tour with clips from the Mighty 401 at rush hour!
Viewed your footage, images near edges are focused, center is blurry. Always start with clean DVR Lens and clean windshield inside and out. Good idea to take test video holding Dashcam pointing out window to confirm its not windshield. Probably Focus adjustment required, counter-clockwise Lens twist 0.5mm holding Lens outward. (explain full procedure later, must fully understand before disassembly).
Suggest returning A119S for new Focused unit if recently purchased, else we're here to help with your A119S adjustments, repairs and MODs.

Weird looked at your video of focus adjustment but my lens does not have the locking ring.

Attachments

• IMG_20180902_134017.jpg
    IMG_20180902_134017.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20180902_134111.jpg
    IMG_20180902_134111.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 21
Weird looked at your video of focus adjustment but my lens does not have the locking ring.
You have a plastic holder, the whole problem in it, you need a metal holder.

should I forget about this and order a new cam?
You should turn to Viofo support, show this video, they should help.
When did you buy the camera?

My video is over a year old showing original metal Lens base, but method is similar.
In an effort to provide maximum detailed information, ask any question regarding the following procedure, as @gse explains its simple once you have experience.
1) get a needle and pry out the glue around the threads and plastic holder collar. Do NOT turn Lens yet.
2) leave the ribbon cable attached but be careful about the many surface mounted components.
3) get white marker or white-out or bright paint and dap on needle then draw alignment mark over threads near collar then continue line on collar, this is center line for adjustments. Do NOT turn Lens yet.
4) position Lens and Sensor board in fingers with Lens pointing away from you.
5) if image was blurry center must turn Lens counter clockwise a very tiny amount, based on your footage turn outer Lens ring 0.5 to 1.0MM left of the alignment mark you made.
6) do not glue threads yet, reassemble and take test footage indoors and out, then review footage.
7) goal is to get almost perfect center focus while maintaining edge focus, turning one way too far will blur the other, very fine adjustments when close.
8) ask questions.

probably a year or more
It's not scary, write in support.
You will have time to buy a new DVR

P.S . There is no sense in setting the focus on a plastic holder, it will float away, when heated and in hot weather.

Back