VIOFO A119S Modified Firmware MODs Archive

Nope, firmware v2.6 do not work with this card, as well. Anyone can confirm other brands 128GB card working with this cam?
In both firmwares, the cam correctly format the card to 128GB fat32, write an empty DCIM folder, but nothing in it.

Until I ejected it like a bullet into my backyard somewhere, I was using a 128GB Sandisk Ultra A1 microSD card in my A119S. So >64GB cards should work just fine.

As is MOD tradition, I've taken your improvements and modded your MOD. -2 to Sharpness, and -1 Edge detection!

View attachment 41407

If this works, I'll take this as my future splash screen good sir.
Confirm, you've selected the above Logo and want it applied to exactly which MOD with -2 to Sharpness, and -1 Edge detection ?
Or did you already create the MOD yourself and have successfully added the Logo?
Or you just need the Logo reduced to 5.11KB ?
Or all of the above?

Confirm, you've selected the above Logo and want it applied to exactly which MOD with -2 to Sharpness, and -1 Edge detection ?
Or did you already create the MOD yourself and have successfully added the Logo?
Or you just need the Logo reduced to 5.11KB ?
Or all of the above?

:ROFLMAO:
I just meant this logo was a -2 sharpness, -1 edge detection version of your MOD of my first logo! Not a request modify FW. I wouldn't know what to ask for anyway. I just describe what I see and my preference.

:ROFLMAO:
I just meant this logo was a -2 sharpness, -1 edge detection version of your MOD of my first logo! Not a request modify FW. I wouldn't know what to ask for anyway. I just describe what I see and my preference.
When I see -2 Sharpness I get out my slide rule.
Pick a few MODs and i'll apply the soon to be compressed V3 Logo to it now.

Currently working on @BlackCloud 's A119S custom Default settings MOD. Now I got the 8bit block graphics stuck in my head, might as well create one for both of you.

When I see -2 Sharpness I get out my slide rule.
Pick a few MODs and i'll apply the soon to be compressed V3 Logo to it now.

Currently working on @BlackCloud 's A119S custom Default settings MOD. Now I got the 8bit block graphics stuck in my head, might as well create one for both of you.

Sweet.

I quite like 7Hb at the moment. If you could just put my splash logo on that for 27.5/25Mbps that would be great!

I could also help test out whatever settings @BlackCloud is doing at a boosted bitrate.

I guess I had the wrong settings in my video editor
how is this one?

Version 2
Excellent MP4 video quality, much better, always confusing when editing video then saving without loss of image quality.

Last edited:
Could I offer an alternative suggestion, although you'd have to get permission to use the image from the owner:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321438349

F19347DB9D9C97B143FDD6FC996CD05A618471D1

Wording across the top to be:

"Smoking Hot Mods" and then Dashcam Talk or BC Hobby at the bottom.

Last edited:
Could I offer an alternative suggestion, although you'd have to get permission to use the image from the owner:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321438349

F19347DB9D9C97B143FDD6FC996CD05A618471D1

Wording across the top to be:

"Smoking Hot Mods" and then Dashcam Talk or BC Hobby at the bottom.
That would work well if we were known as Outlaws, maybe next year when we tackle all the other Novatek based Dashcams in this Forum. That image would make a good Avatar once permission granted. Now you guys got me distracted from MODs to Logos again... never going to get any work done. Get the Team going on Logo creation and @BlackCloud and I will finish the MENU Default settings MOD so I can go back and find the Contrast data tables.

@viofo @BCHobbyist
why don't you start some official business.
get a team (which you already almost have), including programmers and a "good eye" guys, offer your help to @viofo, ask to send samples (firmware and lenses) for a testing.
it would speed up the development process.
and we all would benefit from it.
smile3.gif

borik
At Mododels, this is not a business, but a hobby.
But to stimulate @BCHobbyist by Viofo company would be very reasonable.

borik
At Mododels, this is not a business, but a hobby.
But to stimulate @BCHobbyist by Viofo company would be very reasonable.
people get very creative when they do what they like to do, and they should be rewarded for it one way or another while they're still alive.
smile3.gif

I've been on a trip to the countryside, here's a night clip with some doe/deer (?) crossing the street. My wife was driving and she forgot to turn on brights when she could ;)

mod-5k_v2.61+IQ-K
1080@30, wdr off, cpl on, ev 0

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ag7MFWw2SgGi9ILEYs-DvtuJPCQVfKcg/view?usp=sharing
Excellent wild animal night crossing footage! Will add this to next World Tour video very soon. The bright white road lines make it appear to be video game.
Download MOD-5K again, that is older version.

Excellent wild animal night crossing footage! Will add this to next World Tour video very soon. The bright white road lines make it appear to be video game.
Download MOD-5K again, that is older version.
Sure will! Thanks!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

has someone arranged a hit :eek:
you're saying that what BCHobbyist with the guys doing is useful only for them?
not a chance Viofo would reveal more customizable image controls to their customers?!

Back