Problem!
The camera was in parking mode from 20:00 pm yesterday. Today a found it with a green light on the REC button. It has stoppped recording yesterday at 23:30 pm. The memory card is full, so i am wondering: it doesn't loop in parking mode?!
Parking Mode has nothing to do with the Loop Recording setting, they are independent. My guess you set Loop Recording to OFF. That is useful when collecting Test Footage but bad when using Parking Mode at night.

Actually Sharp60 was Lens 1 and Sharp70 was Lens2.

Edited my post to show which was what lens
Great! was hoping my guess was wrong because Lens1 has special coating and it also improves color based on your low light test clips. Lens2 without coating will always have brighter image.

My guess you set Loop Recording to OFF. That is useful when collecting Test Footage but bad when using Parking Mode at night.

I have never used the camera with "loop recording" off. For test footage i use 1 minute setting.
Anyway, the camera is back in parking mode from 18:00, but with the screen on. I suspect that when it's recording with screen off setting in parking mode, it has some problems.
Checking again tomorow morning.

Judging by your comparison I don't see a difference in FOV, and it was said that Lens1 has 110 and Lens2 140 FOV. I would say they are very similar. What do you think?
To accurately compare video or photos never judge, use editing tools.

Lens1+2=FOV.png

I have never used the camera with "loop recording" off. For test footage i use 1 minute setting.
Anyway, the camera is back in parking mode from 18:00, but with the screen on. I suspect that when it's recording with screen off setting in parking mode, it has some problems.
Checking again tomorow morning.
Your report is important, must determine cause. Don't want the Dashcam to enter restart loop or it will burn out.
The idea of Parking Mode is to record events using minimal power, leaving the LCD screen on defeats the purpose. It also lights up interior of vehicle attracting attention which is unwanted.
Suggest Parking Mode Test, using modified then official firmware, compare results.

When you found memory card full were the files in normal MOVIE folder or all in RO folder?
RO is G-sensor vibration triggered video that cannot be over-written by Loop Recording setting.
Are you parked on very busy street with heavy trucks?

To accurately compare video or photos never judge, use editing tools.

View attachment 42680
That's what I did, it just didn't look like 30 FOV difference between those two - especially when they are not mounted very close to each other. But I did it on the first rainy night footage, maybe that wasn't the best choice! :)

fov.jpg

Nice 6Vf old Sharp72 version footage, can see why I reduced Sharp from 72 to 70, these clips are all over-sharpened with your perfectly focused Lens.
Look forward to new Sharp70 Strong footage.

Your report is important, must determine cause. Don't want the Dashcam to enter restart loop or it will burn out.
The idea of Parking Mode is to record events using minimal power, leaving the LCD screen on defeats the purpose. It also lights up interior of vehicle attracting attention which is unwanted.
Suggest Parking Mode Test, using modified then official firmware, compare results.

When you found memory card full were the files in normal MOVIE folder or all in RO folder?
RO is G-sensor vibration triggered video that cannot be over-written by Loop Recording setting.
Are you parked on very busy street with heavy trucks?

I know that is wrong for the screen to be on all the time but i want to determine if the problem is for this reason.

All the files were in the MOVIE folder. It's not a busy street at night.
In the RO folder was just one file that i manually locked with emergency button, before entering in parking mode.

That's what I did, it just didn't look like 30 FOV difference between those two - especially when they are not mounted very close to each other. But I did it on the first rainy night footage, maybe that wasn't the best choice! :)

View attachment 42681
The marketing info on actual Lens FOV is the diagonal measurement, horizontal is never published or referenced because its small and almost insignificant.
The actual horizontal measurement done on piece of paper with protractor Lens1 = 100 degrees (some are 98 or 99) . I have no data for Lens2, don't own one.

The marketing info on actual Lens FOV is the diagonal measurement, horizontal is never published or referenced because its small and almost insignificant.
The actual horizontal measurement done on piece of paper with protractor Lens1 = 100 degrees (some are 98 or 99) . I have no data for Lens2, don't own one.
Yeah I'm aware of that, anyway, I like the smaller FOV better, in my opinion the plate readability is a bit higher, thanks for clarifying.

I know that is wrong for the screen to be on all the time but i want to determine if the problem is for this reason.

All the files were in the MOVIE folder. It's not a busy street at night.
In the RO folder was just one file that i manually locked with emergency button, before entering in parking mode.
Thanks for the extra details, you are the front line collecting data, and greatly appreciated.
Parking Mode has known issue when Bit Rate is over 27.5Mbps, until today no reports of memory cards filling up (32GB or 64GB?).
Its still possible the 25.6Mbps Bit Rate used in 6Vf is still too high for long term Parking Mode, or some specific multiple of 11600 to 9800, 6Vf uses 12500, tweaked to 12600 or 12400 or 12000 may work better, never tested.

Thanks for the extra details, you are the front line collecting data, and greatly appreciated.
Parking Mode has known issue when Bit Rate is over 27.5Mbps, until today no reports of memory cards filling up (32GB or 64GB?).
Its still possible the 25.6Mbps Bit Rate used in 6Vf is still too high for long term Parking Mode, or some specific multiple of 11600 to 9800, 6Vf uses 12500, tweaked to 12600 or 12400 or 12000 may work better, never tested.

I use for about one week a 128 GB memory card. Sandisk A1 Ultra.
Hope is not from bitrate. I like high bitrate :)
I have one week leave period and more time to test parking mode. :)

The Rumors proved true! There is SUN today!! First time in a WEEK!

Test Clip #7 Day + Sun behind : Lens 1 ( Sharp 60 )

Test Clip #8 Day + Sun behind : Lens 2 ( Sharp 70 )

Test Clip #9 Day + Sun into : Lens 1 ( Sharp 60 )

Test Clip #10 Day + Sun into : Lens 2 ( Sharp 70 )

After these clips both Cameras were re-positioned. See attached Photo:
The Red circles indicate the approximate previous camera positions and where all video Clips that I have shared were obtained from. The cameras are shown in there new position and labeled L1 = Lens1 and L2 = Lens2. Any further clips shared after these will be from the new location shown in the pic.

20181021_134356.jpg

The Red circles indicate the approximate previous camera positions and where all video Clips that I have shared were obtained from. The cameras are shown in there new position and labeled L1 = Lens1 and L2 = Lens2. Any further clips shared after these will be from the new location shown in the pic.

View attachment 42684

IMG_0500.JPG

IMG_0502.JPG

smile3.gif

Well, apparently the camera can't handle the "screen saver" option "ON" with "parking mode" at the same time. At least my camera won't. And this is not a MOD firmware problem, because now when i've noticed the problem, i remembered that i already had this issue long time ago with some official firmware, but didn't investigate further more.
With "screen saver" option set to "OFF" the camera has functioned perfect in "parking mode" from 18:00 yesterday to 08:00 today.
I have to say though that the memory card is not full for now because i have formatted yesterday. Still need to know what's gonna happen with "parking mode" when the memory card gets full.

Some morning footage with a way better windshield
MOD 6Vf
1080p/30fps, WDR Off, EV 0, Strong/70 sharpness
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zcovcwc9cddiao1/2018_1022_081737_196.MP4?dl=0

Last edited:
Ok, i have set the camera in "parking mode" all day. When the memory card filled up the camera has stopped recording.
I found it again with green light on the rec button and the message "all data will be erased", options "cancel"/"ok".
So, no connection between "screen saver" option "on" or "off".
The camera can't do loop recording in parking mode and that's a fact. Tomorow i will try with an official firmware.

View attachment 42684
Perfect A119S side-by-side configuration! You Sir, have improved your image record-ability by 200%. Looks Professional and similar to Police Interceptor.
Very good Lens1Sharp60-vs-Lens2Sharp70 comparison. The higher MENU > Sharpness > Strong level works well with Lens2, very impressed, actually shocking since most of your footage involved rain and clouds, absolutely shocking difference. Well Done!
Request more footage from the same setup. Hope you are logging your mileage to claim on DCTeam expense account.

Ok, i have set the camera in "parking mode" all day. When the memory card filled up the camera has stopped recording.
I found it again with green light on the rec button and the message "all data will be erased", options "cancel"/"ok".
So, no connection between "screen saver" option "on" or "off".
The camera can't do loop recording in parking mode and that's a fact. Tomorow i will try with an official firmware.
Excellent troubleshooting!
You have discovered and confirmed another Parking Mode BUG ! @viofo will be notified.
The current Parking Mode FW4.02 & possibly FW2.61 detect when memory card is full then prompt user for Erase option instead of skipping prompt. There is a missing command variable so halts for User input, only VIOFO can apply the fix.
Well done! I hope you're Logging how many BUGs you discover!

Back