Excellent A119S MOD-6Vk footage, your Lens works well with Normal Sharpness level. Colors look perfect and just a hint of halo outlines on roof tops, try Soft level for comparison, thanks for sharing and testing, well done Sir.
If internet speed is slow in your area stop the recording after 30 seconds to create smaller MP4 video files.
soft and strong added

Last edited:
soft and strong added
Your A119S Lens is perfectly focused and works best with Normal or Soft Sharpness level. That Lens is a keeper and could be installed in A129 for improved image quality. Thanks for sharing all the test footage. Links to 22 , 24 , 26 Mbps Bitrate versions are now on download page.

Hello friends,

I have the a119s from Viofo and iTracker.
Here in Germany a friend, from a certain company, always buys me the cameras.
The company sells selected and optimized cameras.

### Selected: According to the seller means selected: The Viofo a119s often has different factory Kamera quality.
Image quality, sometimes the quality of the camera is very bad, sometimes it is fine.

### Optimized: According to the seller means optimized: The Viofo a119s will be optimized again if it was selected, how did I not know until today, only through the forum I am sure that the seller changes or modifies the software.

I'm about to sell my iTracker a119s because the camera is much worse than the Viofo, can I change the software of the ITracker with the firmware of this site? I think it's just the name, otherwise the cameras are almost identical.
The Customer is sellings also the optimized Version from the iTracker like Viofo.

Actually I want to sell both Kamreas and buy a Duo, but I don't know which one yet.
The Viofo in the trunk is really big, cars behind me feel watched.
What I also don't like is that I can't access both cameras at the same time every time I want to play them.

I am very satisfied with the a119s, it doesn't cause any problems in cold and heat, even if it still records overnight.

Sorry for my English, use a translator.

Is it better to buy an A129 and optimize it?
Is the seller's story true that the unmodified Viofo a119s sometimes has a poor factory quality?

Last edited:
I'm about to sell my iTracker a119s because the camera is much worse than the Viofo, can I change the software of the ITracker with the firmware of this site? I think it's just the name, otherwise the cameras are almost identical.
The Customer is sellings also the optimized Version from the iTracker like Viofo.
I conducted such experiments at the request of the owners of Spytec Inc and itracker.
Who in the hands of 119S from Spytecinc and itracker, firmware from Vifo A119S can be installed without problems.
Do not rush to sell, try a recorder with a new firmware, I think you'll be happy!

11168900.jpg

Hello friends,

I have the a119s from Viofo and iTracker.
Here in Germany a friend, from a certain company, always buys me the cameras.
The company sells selected and optimized cameras.

### Selected: According to the seller means selected: The Viofo a119s often has different factory Kamera quality.
Image quality, sometimes the quality of the camera is very bad, sometimes it is fine.

### Optimized: According to the seller means optimized: The Viofo a119s will be optimized again if it was selected, how did I not know until today, only through the forum I am sure that the seller changes or modifies the software.

Actually I want to sell both Kamreas and buy a Duo, but I don't know which one yet.
The Viofo in the trunk is really big, cars behind me feel watched.
What I also don't like is that I can't access both cameras at the same time every time I want to play them.

I am very satisfied with the a119s, it doesn't cause any problems in cold and heat, even if it still records overnight.

Sorry for my English, use a translator.

Is it better to buy an A129 and optimize it?
Is the seller's story true that the unmodified Viofo a119s sometimes has a poor factory quality?
Welcome to the Forum and this MOD Thread,
It's true if the dash camera body/case is similar between Brands ITracker & Viofo the Firmware almost always is compatible, just don't get the S non-S and Pro versions mixed up.
Your idea to sell may be correct. A very important factor in selecting any Dash Camera is the windshield mount, only the A129 has a stable 4-clip design.
If you require dual camera buy the A129. I prefer separate unconnected cameras for Front and Rear windows for maximum reliability, their size and cabling can complicate installations. There are new DVR models every year, probably need to create more MOD threads later in 2019.

The A119S is an excellent 1080p resolution camera but 1440p has better detail. Modified Firmware improves A119S image quality but Lens focus makes all the difference.
For lowest power drain and Parking Mode power bank support nothing beats the A119S.

I'm going to install some modified software tomorrow, and then I'm going to take a look.
I already have the feeling that the camera itself is defective because the difference is very extreme.

I'm otherwise very happy, what bothers me as I said is that the camera in the back is very noticeable, the vehicles behind me feel observed.

I am only interested in the A129 because the rear camera is not so noticeable and you can watch both shots/video front and rear simultaneously as well as the image quality. Let's have a look - thank you very much!

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

I'm going to install some modified software tomorrow, and then I'm going to take a look.
I already have the feeling that the camera itself is defective because the difference is very extreme.

I'm otherwise very happy, what bothers me as I said is that the camera in the back is very noticeable, the vehicles behind me feel observed.

I am only interested in the A129 because the rear camera is not so noticeable and you can watch both shots/video front and rear simultaneously as well as the image quality. Let's have a look - thank you very much!

Post a screenshot from video for focus verification, if its soft or blurry return to vendor.
Mounting the main Dashcam in rear window is very noticeable to other drivers but has other advantages. Dual Camera systems are preferred since the rear camera is much smaller but you'll notice weak AM radio station interference (working on a MOD for that issue). The much more stable side loading quick release 4-clip A129 mount is far superior to the old 1-clip mount and EVA foam pads for stability.
I'd recommend the A129 Duo to anyone, just remember to disable WiFi before driving for maximum video quality and reduced heat.

Okay, I have installed the MOD-6Vk and the camera is now taking very good pictures, which makes me very happy. Thanks a lot! I didn't think a software would make such a difference.

Okay, I have installed the MOD-6Vk and the camera is now taking very good pictures, which makes me very happy. Thanks a lot! I didn't think a software would make such a difference.
Glad you found 6Vk useful.
Many A119S , A119 Pro , A119 , A129 owners using Viofo stock 24 Mb/s firmware have no idea raising the Bitrate to 26 Mb/s actually improves detail and clarity.
All of my Viofo Dashcams remain working perfectly using modified bitrate firmware for the last 9 months.

I tested both variants and wanted to use as little memory as possible to record even longer, but it makes little difference whether you install MOD-6Vk or MOD-4Vk, I had 6Vk for 3 minutes at about 575 Mb (10.85 hours approx), and 4Vk at about 525 Mb (10.20 hours approx). Since both record about 10 hours I installed 6Vk again and am very happy so far.

I would have another question about the settings, what difference does it make if you set the bitrate to medium or high?

I tested both variants and wanted to use as little memory as possible to record even longer, but it makes little difference whether you install MOD-6Vk or MOD-4Vk, I had 6Vk for 3 minutes at about 575 Mb (10.85 hours approx), and 4Vk at about 525 Mb (10.20 hours approx). Since both record about 10 hours I installed 6Vk again and am very happy so far.

I would have another question about the settings, what difference does it make if you set the bitrate to medium or high?

My A119S MODs override the Bitrate Menu setting so there is no difference selecting medium or high they are now both High. I'm actually looking for a way to crack the 26.6 Mb/s limit to reach 28.6 Mb/s which would produce amazing detail shown with A129 MODs.
Best Detail = Higher Bitrate = Larger MP4 File Size
Poor Detail = Low Bitrate = Small MP4 File Size

#BCHobbyist

Thank you for: MOD-4Vk - Video 24 Mb/s Bitrate = Good Detail = Small MP4 size
It's working perfectly on my cam.

Hi guys,

I have a problem with my A119S, with modded MOD-4Vk FW.
The problem is, if I activate the LDWS or FCWS mode I can’t access the menu, and the camera STOPS recording.
The only solution is: I need to remove the SD card, after that I can access the menu to deactivate the LDWS or FCWS.
What is the problem?

Hi guys,

The problem is, if I activate the LDWS or FCWS mode I can’t access the menu, and the camera STOPS recording.
The only solution is: I need to remove the SD card, after that I can access the menu to deactivate the LDWS or FCWS.
What is the problem?

First and foremost both of those are useless features. Second, you should consider editing the YouTube title and include the Mod details. Gives an impression that there's something wrong with Viofo's firmware.

Hi guys,
What is the problem?
Thanks for the report, it has been confirmed both LDWS and FCWS cause recording lockups when using modified firmware. Since these Warning Systems are gimmicks and totally useless they shouldn't be used anyway.

Thank you.
The YouTube video is an unlisted video...

Hi,

I have one question.
It is recommended to activate the screen saver?

MOD-6Vk test footage with Sharpness Normal/Medium. Continuing my efforts to crack the 28 Mb/s Bitrate limit.

Back